Published on March 4, 2014
CLIF NOTES FOR THE FORT DRUM COMMUNITY March 2014 Table of Contents 1. AMERICAN RED CROSS (ARC) 2. ATKINS FUNCIONAL FITNESS FACILITY (AFFF) 3. ARMY CAREER & ALUMNI PROGRAM (ACAP) 4. ARMY COMMUNITY SERVICE (ACS) 5. ARMY CONTINUING EDUCATION SERVICES 6. AUTO CRAFTS 7. BETTER OPPORTUNITIES FOR SINGLE SOLDIERS (BOSS) 8. CIVIL AIR PATROL (CAP) 9. CHAPEL 10. COMMISSARY 11. CYSS SCHOOL LIAISON SERVICES (SLS) 12. CYSS SKIES 13. CYSS SPORTS 14. CYSS YOUTH CENTER 15. DIRECTORATE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES (DES) 16. FAMILY AND MORALE, WELFARE AND RECREATION (MWR) 17. FORT DRUM MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY HOMES (MCH) 18. FORT DRUM TAX CENTER 19. FORT DRUM THRIFT SHOP 20. HOUSING 21. INTRAMURAL SPORTS PROGRAM 22. MAGRATH SPORTS COMPLEX 23. McEWEN LIBRARY 24. MEDDAC 25. MONTI PHYSICAL FITNESS FACILITY 26. NORTH COUNTRY SPOUSES CLUB 27. OFF THE BEATIN' PATH GIFTS (OTBP) 28. PARENT TO PARENT (PtoP) 29. PARKS AND RECREATION 30. PERSONAL PROPERTY SHIPPING OFFICE 31. PINE PLAINS BOWLING CENTER 32. REASSIGNMENTS 33. SAFETY 34. USO - FORT DRUM 35. VETERINARY SERVICES 36. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT FUND (VSF) Click the above hyperlinks to go directly to Agency Section in CLIF Notes Section in CLIF Notes 1. AMERICAN RED CROSS (ARC) CHERYL DEAN, 315-772-6561 • NEW VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION: Will be held on 2 Apr, 1:00 pm in the ARC Office, RM B1-35 in Clark Hall, please call to sign up or stop by our office. NATIONAL VOLUNTEER WEEK: April 7 – 11, The Red Cross will celebrate the volunteers on base during this week. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.redcross.org Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/American-Red-Cross-Fort-Drum/253705811335340 Click the hyperlinks 2. ATKINS FUNCTIONAL FITNESS FACILITY (AFFF) RANDY GILLETTE, 315-772-3342 • WOMEN’S SELF DEFENSE CLASSES: Classes will be held on Tuesdays and Thursday, 7:00 am – 8:00 am for Active Duty women and 9:00 am – 10:00 am for spouses and Family members. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Email: email@example.com Website: http://drummwr.com/MountainFunctionalFitnessFacility.html 3. ARMY CAREER & ALUMNI PROGRAM (ACAP) LORRIE GULER, 315-772-3284 ACAP SEMINARS: Call the ACAP Center at 772-3434/3286 to reserve a seat in seminars. The following seminars are scheduled: o Boots 2 Business – 7-8 Apr, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm o Advanced Interview – 28 Apr, 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm o Advanced Resume – 28 Apr, 8:00 am - 10:00 am o Technical Track- 2-3,9-10,16-17 & 23-24 Apr, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm o Federal Resume – 28 Apr, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm o Education Track – 2-3, 9-10, 16-17, 23-24 Apr, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks March 2014 CLIF Notes Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.acap.army.mil Facebook: www.facebook.com/DrumACAP 1
4. ARMY COMMUNITY SERVICE (ACS) CATHY FERRAN, 315-772-4979 FORT DRUM ARMY COMMUNITY SERVICE NEEDS ASSESSMENT SURVEY: We need your feedback to ensure we are meeting your needs! Fill out a survey at ACS or take it online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ACSCommmunityNeeds CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION MONTH: The ACS FAP program will be conducting different activities all month long. For more information call, 772-5914 or visit https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Drum-Family-Advocacy-Program SPRING BREAK AT ACS: 14-18 April. Week long teen enrichment workshops and events. For more information call, 772-9611 or visit https://www.facebook.com/fortdrumemployment VOLUNTEER OF THE MONTH CEREMONY: 17 April, 11:00 am, The Commons. For more information call, 772-2899 KEY LEADERSHIP SEMINAR: 25 April, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, ACS. Enhance the knowledge of those who are Spouses of or are in acting roles to support Commanders/NCOICs in a company, battalion, or brigade. For more information call, 772-6710 ACS CALENDAR: including all April events can be found at: www.drummwr.com/ArmyCommunityService.htm NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Website: www.drummwr.com/ArmyCommunityService.htm Facebook: www.facebook.com/FortDrumACSOutreach 5. ARMY CONTINUING EDUCATION SERVICES (ACES) JOE AGRESTI, 315-772-8580 NEW TUITION ASSISTANCE POLICY CHANGES: Effective 1 January 2014, the following changes were made to Army Tuition Assistance (TA) policy: 1. Soldiers entering the Army after 1 January 2014 will not be eligible for Tuition Assistance until they have completed 1 year in the Army after graduation from IET. 2. Soldiers will be restricted to using TA for 16 semester hours per fiscal year. 3. Soldier cannot use TA for the pursuit of a second, higher-level degree until completion of 10 years time-in-service. SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE: Fort Drum Education Center has published the annual Scholarships listing for Soldiers, Spouses, Veteran’s and Family Members. Current lists are available at the Education Center. Start soon as most scholarships are due anytime through 1 April. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Website: www.goarmyed.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Drum-Army-Education-Center/321867727827654?ref=hl 6. AUTO CRAFTS MICHAEL GRAVELINE, 315 772-7902 ORIENTATION CLASSES: The Auto Skills Center offers their Orientation Class Tuesday – Friday at 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm. The class is also offered on Saturday’s at 10:00 am . This is a manditory safety class in order to utilize the Auto Craft Facility. Please see our Orientation Class Flier or contact the Auto Skills Staff for additional information. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com Website: www.drummwr.com/ParksandRecreation.htm Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Drum-Recreation/546416075378830?ref=hl 7. BETTER OPPORTUNITIES FOR SINGLE SOLDIERS (BOSS) MICHELLE RODEN, 315 772-7807 BOSS CONFERENCE: 2-3 April – Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers Conference will be conducted at the Antique Boat Museum. This two-day event is being partnered with BOSS Representatives and Army Family Action Plan (AFAP). AFAP which is a highly successful Army-wide program with a mission to improve all aspects of Army life. AFAP makes changes that affect everyone closely associated with the Army. BOSS Soldiers will participate in a PT competition as well as work together with issues and concerns that they may have. An out-brief will be on 3 April. 5K EASTER EGG SCRAMBLE: 19 April, 9:00 am – The race will be start at Magrath Sports Complex upper parking lot. Open to Active Duty military assigned/attached to Fort Drum, Family members, Retirees, Reservists, and DoD Civilians employed on Fort Drum. Register at the race site starting at 8:30 am the day of the event until the beginning of the race at 9:00 am. Dogs are welcome. Please remember to bring your NYS registration and leash if you bring your four legged friend. March 2014 CLIF Notes 2
COME CELEBRATE OUR VOLUNTEERS: 8 April, 11:30 am -1:00 pm National Volunteer Week is about inspiring, recognizing and encouraging people to seek out imaginative ways to engage in their communities. To show our appreciation to the BOSS Volunteers join us for a free lunch at the BOSS Nash Blvd Center. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks 8. CIVIL AIR PATROL (CAP) Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.drummwr.com/BOSS.htm Facebook: www.facebook.com/fortdrum.boss MAJ ROBERT ORMSBEE, 315-772-4984 • INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE CAP? The Fort Drum Watertown Composite Squadron conducts junior ROTC type training for cadets and Search and Rescue training for adult members. Membership for cadets is open to youth ages 12-18 and Adult membership is open to adults age 18-and up. Upcoming meetings are 4, 11, 18 and 25 April from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm in building M431A. • SEARCH AND RESCUE: NY WING level search and rescue exercises are conducted every two months with Group and Squadron exercises conducted every month. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks 9. CHAPEL Email: email@example.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/NY406 CAROL BURKE, 315-772-4451 EASTER SERVICES: 20 April, will be held at Riva Ridge Chapel: Catholic Mass 11:00 am; Protestant Sunrise Services 7:00 am. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks 10. COMMISSARY On Duty Chaplain 772-5591; After Duty Hours Chaplain 772-5647 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: Fort Drum Religious Support PATTY MUSHTARE, 315-772-6185 • FOOD SAFETY CAMPAIGN: The commissary will have a Food Safety Campaign to educate our patrons on Food Safety. EASTER: Easter candy is on display. Please stop at the produce department and get your fruit and vegetable trays for Easter. The bakery and deli department will be featuring breads, rolls, pastries and cakes for Easter. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks 11. CYSS SCHOOL LIAISON SERVICES (SLS) Website: www.commissaries.com/stores/html/store.cfm?dodaac=hqcney Facebook: www.facebook.com/YourCommissary MICHELE CARLTON/TERRI SPENCER 772-3214/1311 • SPRING BREAK: is 14 - 21 April. Please be advised that this is subject to change due to inclement weather and the possibility of depleting all designated snow days. • STATE TESTING: English Language Arts (ELA) testing for grades 3 – 8 are 1-3 April and Math testing are 30 April – 2 May. • 3RD QUARTER MARKING PERIOD: Ends 11 April. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks 12. CYSS SKIES Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.drummwr.com DEB KENNEDY, 315- 772-6551 • KIDS IN THE KITCHEN: Cooking classes for students ages 7 & up. Students will learn nutritional value of food items, how to prepare and cook many different items. Fees are $35 per student per month. Classes meet once a week on Fridays from 5:30 pmth 7:30 pm. Register by the 28 of each month for the upcoming month. March 2014 CLIF Notes 3
• SEWING CLASSES: Tuesdays or Wednesdays, Ages 6-10 and 11-18. Fee is $35 per month. Students learn how to sew many different items, and continue to improve on their sewing skills. Most supplies are included, and different projects will be worked on th each week. Register by the 28 of each month for the upcoming month. • BEGINNER DANCE: Mondays through Fridays, Ages 3 & up. Fee is $68-80 per segment (8 weeks). Students learn the basics in dance forms of choice: Ballet, Creative Movement, Modern/Lyrical, Pre-Ballet, Tap, HipHop and Jazz. 30-45 minute classes. Students that were enrolled may continue in classes and focus on skills learned. Registration is for March & April classes. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Email: email@example.com Website: www.drummwr.com/SKIES.html Facebook: www.facebook.com/FortDrumSkies 13. CYSS SPORTS JON BURNARD, 315-772-4102 • BASEBALL: registration through 9 April. Open for ages 4-12. The fee for this program is $45. The season starts 29 April - 10 June. For more information please contact CYSS Youth Sports office at 315-772-4102. • SPRING SOCCER: registration through 9 April. Open for ages 6-12. The fee for this program is $20. The season starts 28 April-16 June. For more information please contact CYSS Youth Sports office at 315-772-4102. • TRACK: registration through 13 April. Open for ages 7-13. The fee for this program is $40. The season starts 1 May - 12 June. For more information please contact CYSS Youth Sports office at 315-772-4102. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Email: Jonathan.firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.drummwr.com/YouthSports.htm Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/FORT-DRUM-MOUNTAINEER-CYSS-SPORTS/214490878183 14. CYSS YOUTH CENTER STEVE FERGUSON, 315- 772-6717 • TEEN TOWN HALL – Tuesday 8 April, 4:00 pm, Teens are encouraged to come to the Youth Center and support their peers, who participated in the Youth Leadership Forum, as they brief the Garrison Commander on issues concerning teens and their recommended solutions. Members of the Parent Advisory Council will also have the opportunity to brief concerns related to teens and teen programming on the installation. • TEEN LOCK-IN - Youth Programs will sponsor a Teen Lock-in starting 8:00 pm on 18 April and running through 8:00 am on 19 April. Several games and activities are planned throughout the evening. Teens will also produce a video public services announcement titled “Being a teen in a Military Community”. Participants will be served dinner, and breakfast plus two snacks during the event. Cost: $15. Registration deadline is April 4. •DAYS OF REMEMBRANCE EVENT – Monday, 28 April, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. This free event will be held at the Youth Center for youth in 6th-12th grade. A subject matter expert will lead discussion about the history of the Holocaust. Youth will be able to take part in the discussion and ask questions, along with creating several relevant crafts. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Email: email@example.com Website: www.drummwr.com/YouthServices.htm Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Drum-CYSS-YouthProgram/370723860409 15. DIRECTORATE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES (DES) CHIEF JULIAN, 315-772-4483 • EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS: dial 911 from any land-line. That call will go directly to the DES Dispatch Center. If you dial 911 from your cell phone, that call will go directly to the Jefferson County Dispatch Center. Advise the dispatcher you are calling from Fort Drum and they will redirect your call to the DES dispatch center. Current technology does not allow for the separation of cell phone calls on or off the installation. For non-emergency calls for service: Police 772-5156/5157 Fire Prevention/Training 772-3372/4420/4702 Director 772-5721 Police Chief 772-4483 Fire Chief 772-3547/4420 Physical Security Chief – 772-3105 • FIRE PROTECTION: March means Spring Ahead! Replace your batteries and test your detector. • PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY: Always properly secure your vehicle, garages and homes. Do not become a statistic from a crime of opportunity. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks March 2014 CLIF Notes Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: www.facebook.com/fortdrumfes 4
16. FAMILY AND MORALE, WELFARE AND RECREATION (MWR) HAROLD GREER, 315-772-5685 EASTER BRUNCH: 20 April The Commons will host an Easter Brunch seatings at 11:00 am and at 1:30 pm. FAMILY NIGHT: 8 April The Commons will host Family Night with a buffet from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm; The buffet for adults is $7.00 and children 8 and under $4.00. This night will be guest reader night. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Email: email@example.com Website: www.drummwr.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/DrumFMWR 17. FORT DRUM MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY HOMES (MCH) MEGAN KLOSNER, 315-955-6810 • HOMES AVAILABLE WITH LITTLE TO NO WAIT: Two, three and four bedroom homes available for junior Soldiers and NonCommissioned Officers from Private to Staff Sergeant. All Soldiers and Families that are newly arriving, do not currently live with Mountain Community Homes, or current residents that have had a change in rank or have gained a Family member are encouraged to contact the Welcome Home Center for details 315-955-6644. The Timbers has one and two bedroom apartments available today for unaccompanied Soldiers (Sergeant promotable and above). Contact the Timbers Leasing Office 315-777-8000 to check out your new home today. • WINN SCHOLARSHIP FOR RESIDENTS: We invite our Residents to apply for a $1,000+ Winning Edge Scholarship from WinnCompanies TODAY! WinnCompanies, the firm providing property management and maintenance services here at Fort Drum Mountain Community Homes, is celebrating more than four decades in business by offering an amazing scholarship opportunity to residents! Find out if a member of your family is eligible by CLICKING HERE! http://www.fortdrummch.com/In-theNews/default.aspx. Applications must be submitted to your community office by April 2th, 2014 for consideration, so don’t delay! • ADDITIONAL EVENTS: Looking for pictures with the Easter Bunny? Check out our website for dates/times when the Easter Bunny is Visiting the Community Centers on 2-10 April. We also hope our Residents join us for our Spring Fling event on Saturday, April 12 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at both the Adirondack Creek and Crescent Woods Community Centers, Residents and their Families can enjoy an egg hunt, bunny hop, snacks, crafts and much more. Our Earth Day event is on Saturday, 26 April 10:00 am – 12:00 pm at the Monument Ridge Community Center. Please join us for plenty of green activities and fun including crafts, games and lots of info on reducing your carbon footprint. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Website: www.fortdrummch.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/fortdrummch 18. FORT DRUM TAX CENTER 315-772-3735 TAX CENTER: Federal and State income tax returns prepared and electronically filed for Soldiers, Retirees and Family Members at no cost. When coming for your appointment be sure to bring social security cards and dates of birth for yourself, your spouse, and all dependents and a cancelled check if you want any refund received to be direct deposited into your bank account. If relevant, also bring all W-2s, 1099-R, Form 1099 INT or DIV, mortgage interest statements, childcare information, alimony paid or received, court orders for divorce and/or child custody, all education documentation including 1098-T and 1098-E, dependent care documentation, and as well as IRA contributions, documentation of sale of stocks, bonds or mutual funds. LOCATION: Located in Bldg T-120 (across from Thrift Shop) on the corner of Lewis Avenue and 1st Street (Conway). CONTACT NUMBERS: Appointment Line 772-6727 is open Monday thru Friday at 8:00 am. Information Line is 772-3735 NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Website: http://www.drum.army.mil/sja/Pages/tac.aspx Click the hyperlinks Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrumTax 19. FORT DRUM THRIFT SHOP MELISSA REXROAD, 315-772-7189 • DONATIONS & CONSIGNMENT: The Thrift Shop is a 501(C)3 non-profit private organization charity that relies on donations and profits from consignment sales to fulfill our mission of providing welfare grants to local organizations within our community. OPEN Every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9:30 am - 2:00 pm. Taking Consignments Daily 9:30 am - 12:15 pm. We accept DONATIONS 24hrs a Day in our NEW DONATION SHED located by the stores Main entrance (Tax Receipts are available for donations). For more information visit us on Face Book or the Web. March 2014 CLIF Notes 5
• VOLUNTEERING AT THE THRIFT SHOP: We offer merchandise discounts and first pick of new merchandise all while gaining retail experience as benefits of being a Thrift Shop Volunteer! If interested in joining our team and helping support the community just stop in at anytime and speak with a member of management. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Drum-Thrift-Shop/283730534983453 Website: http://thriftshopinc.webs.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 20. HOUSING BILL BAMANN, 315-772-7256 • OFF-POST HOUSING RESOURCES: The off-post rental housing market has many vacancies available with new product entering the market from ongoing new construction; as of 18 February 2014 there are some 5% vacancies in those rentals being reported from the area's 40 largest apartment complexes. Go to the Fort Drum Housing website for more information and links to resources. There are some 700 new market rental housing units in various stages of construction being delivered now and throughout the coming year. Six new housing complexes are now open and/or delivering new apartments for rent: two in the Town of Watertown, one in Sackets Harbor, two in the Town of Pamelia and one in the Town of LeRay. The Automated Housing Referral network, AHRN.com, affiliation with DoD has expired. In the short term, the Army Community Housing office is providing approved rental listings to Soldiers manually at Clark Hall. Listings will also be uploaded periodically to approved Army websites such as www.drum.army.mil and www.Housing.Army.mil • SUMMER PCS MOVES AND HOUSING: Start planning now for summer PCS moves. As of 1 January 2014, AHRN.com is no longer the official DoD website for Soldiers to find Army approved rental listings. You must contact the local Housing office at your next installation for availability of approved rentals until a new .mil website is activated for Soldiers later in 2014 to replace AHRN. If you do use another source for rental information, be sure to check with the local housing office at your next installation to be sure it’s an approved rental before entering into any agreement. Also, New York State law requires military renters to notify their landlord at least 30 days in advance before the next rent payment is due in order to break a lease under the military clause. • COMMUNITY HOUSING OFFICE CAN HELP: Never enter into a lease without checking first with the Army Community Housing Office to see if the rental you are contemplating has been inspected by us for basic safety and habitability issues. Always get your lease reviewed by Legal Assistance or the Army Community Housing Office prior to signing to be sure all your rights are safeguarded. The Army Community Housing Office at Clark Hall (Rm A2-54) is always available to assist Soldiers with any off-post housing issues, from finding the right housing to resolving landlord-tenanct disputes. Stop in or call 772-6883/772-9397 to speak to a counselor. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.drum.army.mil/PublicWorks/Pages/Housing.aspx 21. INTRAMURAL SPORTS PROGRAM ALLEN JANSSEN, 315-772-6663 • RACQUETBALL TOURNAMENT: Tournament will be conducted 12 April, 9:30 am at Magrath Sports Complex, P-10050. Open to all active duty military, Family members 19 years and older, Retirees, reservists, National Guard and DoD Civilians employed on Fort Drum. Sign-ups are due to the Intramural Sports Office, P-10050, NLT COB 9 April. • DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT: Tournament will be conducted 16 April, 9:30 am at Magrath Sports Complex, P-10050. Open to all active duty military, Family members 19 years and older, Retirees, reservists, National Guard and DoD Civilians employed on Fort Drum. Rosters are due to the Intramural Sports Office, P-10050, NLT COB 13 April. • INDOOR SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT: Tournament will be conducted 26 April, 9:30 am at Magrath Sports Complex, P-10050. Open to all active duty military, Family members 19 years and older, Retirees, reservists, National Guard and DoD Civilians employed on Fort Drum. Rosters due to the Intramural Sports Office, P-10050, NLT COB 23 April. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks 22. MAGRATH SPORTS COMPLEX Email: email@example.com Diane.firstname.lastname@example.org RANDY GILLETTE, 315-772-9670 • SWIMMING LESSONS AT MAGRATH: Swimming lessons Monday thru Friday 9:00 am-1:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am3:00 pm. • ALTERNATE APFT EVENT: Magrath Sports Complex provides stationary bike for the alternate APFT, there is only one certified bike on Fort Drum so please contact front counter for reservations. URBAN OBSTACLE COURSE: Open for use, great training tool for deployment preparation. March 2014 CLIF Notes 6
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.drummwr.com/MagrathSportsComplex.htm 23. McEWEN LIBRARY ALLEN GOUDIE, 315-772-9099 • STORY TIME: 10:00 am on Tuesdays and Fridays. • E-RESOURCE CLASS: 1 April, 6:00 pm Learn to access McEwen Library’s e-resources athttp://mylibraryus.armybiznet.com/screens~S24/resources2.html (site has e-magazines, e-books and databases such as Ancestry.com, Transparent Language, Academic One Source, etc.). Attendees must have an active library account. Class size limited to 8 people; preregistration required. Call 315-77-9099 to sign up. • THE PAGE TURNERS: 24 April, 7:00 pm at the McEwen Library. Come be a part of the Library’s book club, meet follow members and help decide on upcoming titles for 2014. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.drummwr.com/library.htm Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-C-McEwen Library/269047099442 Online Card Catalog: http://mylibraryus.armybiznet.com/search~S24 Blackberry or iPhone Access: www.mylibraryusmobile.fmwr.net/ 24. MEDDAC COL MATTNER, 315-772-4024 • UCC REFERRALS MANDATORY STARTING 1 APR 2014: All TRICARE patients assigned a PCM at Fort Drum MEDDAC are required to have a referral prior to visiting any Urgent Care Clinic (UCC). As of 1 April any UCC visit without prior authorization will result in full payment responsibility for the patient. No backdated referral requests will be approved. •INFLUENZA VACCINE AVAILABLE: Flu vaccine is still available for TriCare beneficiaries in Guthrie’s Primary Care Clinic. No appointment is needed and hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 11:00 am and 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm. • ARMY PROVIDER LEVEL SATISFACTION SURVEY: Army Provider Level Satisfaction Survey aka APLSS (pronounced APPLES) provides you with the ability to use your voice to help your MEDDAC meet or exceed your health care needs. Each survey returned could bring $500 back to the facility to help us improve your service. Surveys are received in the mail to randomly chosen patients within 3-5 days after their doctor’s visit. Please remember to keep your demographic information updated with us so that your voice can be heard. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Website: www.drum.amedd.army.mil Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/US-Army-Medical-Department-Activity-Fort-DrumNY/291076844239665 25. MONTI PHYSICAL FITNESS FACILITY TERRY BUCKLEY, 315-772-4806 • AEORBICS CLASSES AVAILABLE: Monti Gym will continue to offer a variety of aerobics class to those 18 years or older and a DOD card holder for a cost. Information on the new cost and payment process can be found by clicking the following link New Aerobics Class Cost and Information. A detailed class schedule can be found by clicking the following link Monti Aerobics Schedule. • SWIMMING LESSONS AT MONTI: Soldier Swim Lessons (Beginners and Non Swimmers), Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm or 4:45 pm – 5:15 pm. Lessons are first come, first serve and are limited to 5 participants. No reservations will be taken, except for the day of the lesson by stopping at the pool desk or calling 772-4807. Pool will be open until 8:30 pm starting 30 January Monday thru Friday except for Holidays & DONSAs. • PERSONAL TRAINERS FOR HIRE AT MONTI PFC: Come over to set up a consult to see if this service will fill your fitness needs. Monti PFC is looking for additional Certified Personal Trainers, email Terry for more information. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Email: email@example.com Website: www.drummwr.com/PhysicalFitnessCenters.htm Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monti- PhysicalFitnessCenter/175507862493965#!/pages/Monti-Physical-Fitness-Center/549486298425547 26. NORTH COUNTRY SPOUSES’ CLUB (NCSC) LIZA HALLSTEN, 1ST VICE PRESIDENT • MONTHLY LUNCHEON: 16 April, 11:00 am at the Commons March 2014 CLIF Notes 7
• SCHOLARSHIPS: Outreach and Scholarship applications are available on the NCSC website NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Website: http://northcountryspousesclub.weebly.com/ Emails: NorthCountrySpousesClub@weebly.com NCSCPresident@gmail.com 27. OFF THE BEATIN' PATH GIFTS (OTBP) KIM HOLT, 315-774-0253 • VOLUNTEERS: Off The Beatin’ Path is looking for volunteers. We have some current volunteers that are PCS-ing in the near future, and we would love to have you join our team. 4 hours per week, 25% retail discount, bullets for resume building, and fun! Call or email for more info! OTBP SPRING SPECIAL: OTBP is having a Spring Special! Bring in our ad from the new Blizzard, get 25% off your retail purchase! SUGGESTIONS: We welcome suggestions, and local crafters! Is there something that you’d like to see us carry? Do you make an item that you think would be perfect for our shop, email to set up a meeting! NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/otbpgifts Email: OTBPGiftshop@gmail.com 28. PARENT TO PARENT (PtoP) ALISON FISHER, 315 777-4496 • STORY TIME EVENTS: McEwen Library, Fort Drum : 8 & 29 April, 10:00 am Flower Memberial Library, Watertown: PreK Story time 9 April and Tot Story Time 10 April • CELEBRITY READER: 8 April, 6:00 pm, The Commons, Celebrity Reader, “Tiny Seed” – First 25 Families to purchase a buffet receive a free copy of the book courtesy of FMWR and the School Liasion Officers. All are welcome to participate in the story time and Family activites. This will be the last Celebrity Reader until Fall. • TELL ME A STORY LITERACY EVENT – 3 May 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm at the Winners Circle at the Commons, Fort Drum. This event is FREE and each family will receive a copy of the book “Giraffe’s Can’t Dance”. In addition to having a special guest reader Rhonda’s Footeworks Dance Company will be joining us for the event to teach all the families some dance moves. Space is limited to 80 families and is on a first come first serve basis. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the Family members attending as well as the children’s ages. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Email Address: email@example.com Website: http://www.militarychild.org/parents-and-students/programs/parent-to-parent/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Parent-to-Parent-Fort-Drum-NY/635828843100184 29. PARKS & RECREATION EUGENE SPENCER, 315-772-6568 ATV SAFETY CLASSES- Starting in April dependant upon the weather. Outdoor RecreatIon will be offering our ATV Safety Institute Safety Classes every Wednesday. Class will begin at 9:00 am the cost of this class is $5 per person. You must be 18 years old or older to take this class and 18 years old or older to drive Outdoor Recreaitons ATVs. TURNING STONE CASINO MONTHLY TRIPS- The trip will be 5 April . The cost of these trips will be $25 per person and include transportation, $25 in free play, and a $5 lunch coupon. We will be departing Outdoor Recreation at 8:00 am on the day of the trip. You must sign up prior to the trips departure date at Outdoor Recreation. Click here for the Turning Stone Flier. th HERKIMER DIAMOND MINES TRIP- Outdoor Recreation is offering a trip to the Herkimer Diamond Mines on April 19 . The cost for this trip will be $15 per person. Those interested in this trip must pre-register at Outdoor Recreation prior to the trip. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.drummwr.com/ParksandRecreation.htm Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Drum-Recreation/546416075378830?ref=hl 30. PERSONAL PROPERTY SHIPPING OFFICE (PPSO) ROBERT WITHAM, 315-772-6310 • BEGIN PREPARING NOW FOR SUMMER PCS MOVES FOR PERSONAL PROPERTY SHIPPING: Almost 65% of all Department of Defense (DoD), commercial and private sector household goods (HHG) moves are performed during the Summer Peak Season period of 15 May through 30 September. Peak of the Peak dates are just prior to the Memorial Day weekend and two weeks after the Fourth of July. The last few days and the first few days of every month are also difficult dates for moving companies. Planning, preparation, flexibility and communication are the keys to executing a successful HHG move. Here are some tips to ensure your move goes as smoothly as possible. Visit www.move.mil and review the HHG move planning tools available. March 2014 CLIF Notes 8
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Click the hyperlinks 31. PINE PLAINS BOWLING CENTER CINDY FLEMING, 315772-6601 "222" BIRTHDAY PARTIES: 2 lanes - 1 hour of bowling shoes included for up to 12 bowlers, 2 - 1 topping pizzas, 2 - Pitchers of soda/juice for $60.00. SUMMER BOWLING LEAGUE: will be forming at end of April: On Thursday nights there will be “Bowl-for-a-Ball” League, you will select a ball pay weekly get a complimentary ball on your final night of league bowling . FRIDAY NIGHT MIXED LEAGUE: Always a fun league to play and remember you don't have to be a great bowler to bowl on this league and to enjoy the night. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks Website: http://www.drummwr.com/ClubsandRestaurants.htm Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/FortDrumBowlingCenter Email: email@example.com 32. REASSIGNMENTS DEBBIE BROWN, 315-772-6536 • PCS ORDERS: Published 60 to 120 days prior to report date provided Soldier meets all requirements for the upcoming PCS move. Orders are distributed to Soldiers via AKO email and to BDE S1. Please contact your BDE S1 if you do not have your orders and are within 60 days of your report date. • REASSIGNMENT BRIEFINGS: Are automatically scheduled when assignment notifications are received from Human Resources Command. Notification packets are sent to your BDE S1 with the time and date of your briefing. If you have received information that you are on assignment thru AKO please contact your BDE S1. All Soldiers in the rank of Private E1 through Colonel 06 are required to complete DA Form 5434 Sponsorship Program Counseling and Information Sheet prior to receiving their reassignment briefing. Please contact your Brigade Sponsorship Coordinator or BDE S1 for additional information on The Army Sponsorship Program. • CLEARING PAPERS: Are issued when Soldiers attend a clearing briefing which is between 7 and 30 days prior to the start of the PCS leave. Clearing briefings are held Monday thru Friday. Sign-in begins at 9:30 am in room A1-19, Clark Hall, and the briefing starts promptly at 10:00 am. The last paragraph of the PCS orders have this information along with documents Reassignments will need to see prior to attending the briefing, please read your orders. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Click the hyperlinks 33. SAFETY JOHN DROZD, 315-772-3022 •POISONING: Accidental poisonings from medication and other poisons is one of the top five causes of injuries and illnesses in children. • PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN: All medicines, vitamins, cleaning supplies, baby ointments and powders should be kept up high, out of reach, and in locked cabinets • POISON CONTROL NUMBER: Keep the Poison Control telephone number handy 1-800-222-1222. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com Click the hyperlinks 34. USO - FORT DRUM KAREN CLARK, 315-774-0356 • INTERESTED IN BECOMING A USO FORT DRUM VOLUNTEER? Log onto www.usovolunteer.org to register. New Volunteer rd th th th th nd Orientation dates are April 3 , 10 , 17 , & 24 at 9:30am, April 8 at 2pm and April 22 , 6pm. Questions? Contact Molly Manning, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. • ICE CREAM SOCIAL: April is the Month of the Military Child. Come join us April 17, 2014 at the USO from 2pm-4pm and celebrate the strength and resiliency of our Military Children with a fabulous Ice Cream Sundae for ages 1-99. https://www.facebook.com/events/1405271923063732/ • SALSA NIGHTS: USO-Fort Drum every Thursday evening offers FREE Salsa Lessons, so if you are interested in learning Salsa, Merengue or even the Bachata, stop on by the USO. Dancing is from 7pm-9:30pm. So come join us for an evening of pure dancing enjoyment. https://www.facebook.com/events/230503400462837/ March 2014 CLIF Notes 9
NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: www.facebook.com/USOFortDrum Click the hyperlinks 35. VETERINARY SERVICES CPT DAVID MARQUEZ, 315-772-4262 • REDUCED APPOINTMENT SCHEDULE IN APRIL: As the vet clinic transitions to an all-electronic veterinary medical record, we will have fewer appointments available throughout the month. If your pet requires veterinary care during the month of April, please call us well in advanced to determine if we have any available appointments. We should be back to our normal schedule by May. • PET TRAVEL: Pets are required to have a veterinary exam before airline travel, including flights within the U.S. International destinations have additional requirements, some of which must be initiated 3-6 months before travel. Please contact us (or stop by) for details as soon as you find out about upcoming OCONUS travel. st • SURGERY SLOTS OPEN APRIL 21 : We will have approximately 25-30 openings available for neuters, spays, mass removals, and dental cleanings from May-July. Please call the morning of 21 April to be added to the surgery list. Animals must have been seen at our clinic within the last year and must be up to date on vaccines and heartworm preventative. NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.drum.amedd.army.mil/vets/ Click the hyperlinks 36. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT FUND (VSF) KARYN MINTZ, 315-646-7080 MARK YOUR CALENDARS: The 24 Annual International Festival of Food is 25 April, 4:30 pm – 8:00 pm, at The Commons. Preth sale tickets available beginning March 5 !! VSF COOKBOOKS: Be on the lookout for pre-sale VSF Cookbooks featuring some of your favorite recipes from the past 23 years of the International Festival of Food! VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Any agencies, organizations or individuals wishing to help out with IFF please contact Karyn Mintz at 6467080. th NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION? Click the hyperlinks March 2014 CLIF Notes Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerSupportFund 10
1.clif notes for the fort drum community march 2014table of contents 1. american red cross (arc) 2. atkins funcional fitness facility (afff) 3. army career ...
Clif’s Notes Vol. 3, No. 10. March 12, 2014. In this issue of Clif’s Notes, ... Clif’s Notes for Oct. 25, 2016 - October 25, ...
In this issue of Clif’s Notes, I review the Board of Governors Mid-Year Retreat, draw attention to the upcoming Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Open ...
Clif’s Notes (Blog) Talking Ed. Thinking Out Loud; CLIF-TV; CLIF-FM; 3 Questions; 1 Thing; ... Follow Clifs Notes. Get every new post delivered to your ...
Clif’s Notes (Blog) Talking Ed. Thinking Out Loud; CLIF-TV; CLIF-FM; ... Posted on 2016/08/02 2016/08/02 Author Clif Mims Categories Education ...
Monthly Archives: March 2014 Living in Place, Notes from the HInterland. The Last Day of March: In Like a Lion, ... Notes from the HInterland.
Find all available study guides and summaries for March by Geraldine Brooks. If there is a SparkNotes, Shmoop, or Cliff Notes guide, we will have it listed ...
Clif Notes. Warning to Woo-Woo! ... by clif high, tuesday, March 15, 2016, ... by clif high, Sunday, October 19, 2014 12:43pm ...