Published on October 27, 2016
1. Gautam Gupta Hansraj College
2. Introduction Company Profile SWOT Analysis Functions of Management Planning Organizing Staffing Directing Controlling Masterstroke
3. IndiGo is a low-cost airline headquartered at Gurgaon, India. The airline was founded as a private company by Rahul Bhatia and Rakesh Gangwal in 2006. Since 2012, its the largest airline in India in terms of passengers carried, having a current market share 36.8%. The airline operates 818 daily flights to 41 destinations and is the second largest low-cost carrier in Asia. It has its primary hub at Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi. The company went public in November 2015.
4. Parent Company InterGlobe Enterprises Category Indian domestic sector Tagline Go IndiGo USP On Time Performance, Lowest Price Segment Cost Conscious Passengers Target Group Lower Middle Class / Middle Class Positioning Low Cost, No Frills
5. • Opening up of International routes • Untapped cities • Increasing flight frequency • Plenty of new competitors • Rising Labour and Fuel costs • Unfavorable govt policies • Low operating routes • Not globally established • IndiGo is not exploring the untapped domestic air cargo market • Strong Promoters • Largest Low Cost Carrier (LCC) in India • Only airlines to make consistent profits • Good advertising and marketing strategies Strengths Weaknesses OpportunitiesThreats
6. Planning Organizing Staffing Directing Controlling
7. In IndiGo, before launch of new products or introduction of new schemes, market survey is done. IndiGo has developed a strategic plan which guides the long-term operations of the firm. Strategy has been adopted to minimize operational costs and at the same time ensure that quality is maintained. Management plans the activities of the organization as they have to take account of what is necessary with the appropriate prevailing conditions. The company’s marketing strategy is based on customer experience and quality of the service in order to improve its image.
8. All activities are divided into task groups with professionals and experts. IndiGo coordinates operations in all its units across the world to ensure that there is a smooth running. Most of the purchasing activities are done centrally so as to minimize the costs and ensure uniformity. This structure coordinates and motivates employees so that they work together to achieve goals.
9. BETTER STAFFING LEADS TO HAPPIER PEOPLE. IndiGo hires highly qualified and talented employees that add value to the company. IndiGo's executives, including staff at the check-in counters, air crew, sales and marketing staff are hired only after Rahul Bhatia meets each of them individually. The company has a team of very competent employees that are hired through a competitive process. Rahul Bhatia, Founder, IndiGo
10. In comparison to competitors, the workers are provided with healthy working conditions, incentives and motivation. Teamwork is encouraged across all hierarchical levels and all members of staff are given an opportunity to participate in decision-making. Creativity and innovation is highly encouraged among the employees in order to give the firm a continuous competitive advantage. IndiGo enjoys a good relationship with other external stakeholders such as various governments, shareholders, and the local community.
11. In IndiGo, the increasing profits shows that in the organization activities are performed as per the plans, also the organizations resources are being used effectively and efficiently. IndiGo closely monitors its operations and evaluates its performance against organizational targets. Auditing is normally carried out on a regular basis to ensure that the organization is moving in the right direction. Any deviation from the set standards is adjusted through appropriate corrective measures.
12. Buy only one aircraft model, but order in bulk • By purchasing many planes at once, IndiGo is able to negotiate great deals. In addition, buying only one model of aircraft means that pilots and crew needs to be certified for one aircraft only, resulting is in greater flexibility by making use of the same crew thereby cutting hiring, training and upgradation costs. Quality : Key to good service • IndiGo's executives are hired only after Bhatia meets them individually. IndiGo boasts of a turnaround time (time taken for a plane to be ready for the next flight) of less than 30 minutes. Less time on the ground means more time in air, reducing fuel burning. IndiGo's aircraft spend an average of 11.4 hours a day in sky, compared to the industry average of 9.5 hours.
13. Lease the planes • Immediately after IndiGo takes delivery of an aircraft from Airbus, it sells the plane to an aircraft lessor, and then leases the plane back. At the end of the lease, IndiGo returns the aircraft to the lessor. Other airlines uses "leasebacks" for portions of their fleets, but none to the extent of IndiGo. This act of financial engineering allows the airline to keep its cash flow high, and its debt low. Put an expiration date on aircraft • Another benefit of IndiGo's lease strategy is that it allows the company to keep its fleet extremely young. The company's leases typically range from just three to six years before the aircraft is returned. According to the company's prospectus, the average age of IndiGo's aircraft is 3.26 years. That's one of the youngest fleets anywhere in the world. Newer planes are typically more fuel efficient and require less maintenance, which cuts down on operating costs.
14. A dedicated airlines with no frills • IndiGo freely admits the offerings are “no frills”. Having only Economy class means that Indigo does not have to spend time and money on privilege passengers. They also don't maintain any expensive lounges at airports or offer free food and beverages for passengers, further reducing costs. It's all about customer focus • IndiGo's success model relies on consistent low fares, on-time performance and least flight cancellations. However, the airline's biggest edge over others is its emphasis on customer focus. Fliers want on time journey. Other airlines advertise low fares or other promotional offers, IndiGo only focuses to on-time performance.
IndiGo is a low-cost airline headquartered at Gurugram, Haryana, India. It is the largest airline in India by passengers carried and fleet size, ...
Strategic ManagementINDIGO AIRLINES Europe Asia Business School Strategic Management Your Tutor's Name: Prof. Bella Butler ...
Learn more about all the terms and conditions of appointment of Board of Directors in IndiGo Airlines.
Essay on Indigo Airlines. This scenario helped indigo airlines to invest more in their staff skills and there airline operations team which gave them competitive edge ...
Here are the top 25 Manager profiles at Indigo Airlines on LinkedIn. Get all the articles, experts, jobs, and insights you need.
Strategic Management Indigo AirlinesSUBJECT: Strategic Management TOPIC: Indigo Airlines Class: S.Y.B.M.S. (B) Prof. Pras...
Strategic Management INDIGO AIRLINES Europe Asia Business School Strategic Management Your Tutor's Name: Prof. Bella Butler Full name of the student:
Low cost airline flying throughout India. Information about booking, schedules, web check-in and flight status.