Published on February 6, 2014
MAKING CHRISTLIKE DISCIPLES2 GROWTH
OVERVIEW OF SPIRITUAL GROWTH
FACTORS AFFECTING SPIRITUAL GROWTH • God Gives The Increase, 1 Cor. 3:5,6; 2 Cor.3:18. • Men Set The Stage Through Spiritual Disciplines, 1 Pet. 2:2; 2 Pet. 3:18 • Non-growth Is Real-The Parable Of Sower • Backslidding, Stagnation, Crisis Vrs Normal Growth • The Goal Of Spiritual Growth Is Christlikeness • The Bible Commands Us to Grow. Jesus Grew.
Spiritual Growth Demands Constant Training
THE IMPORTANCE OF SPIRITUAL GROWTH • Spiritual Growth pleases God and produces more Christlikeness, Rom. 8:29; 2 Cor. 3:18 • Spiritual Growth gives more victory over sin, temptation, the world, demons and Satan, 1 Jn. 2:12-14; 1 Cor. 3:1-3; • Spiritual Growth empowers you to teach and minister better to others, Heb. 5:11-14; • Spiritual growth enables you to inherit more of your possessions as heir of God, Gal. 4:1-2; Rom. 8:15-17; Eph. 1:3.
COURSE OBJECTIVE • To produce a Christlike disciplemaker who is becoming increasingly like Jesus in every area of his/her life and ministry. – In knowledge, understanding and wisdom, – In attitude, feeling convictions and opinion, – In action, behavior, habits and character, – In spiritual formation and intimacy with God – In social life, favor with men Lk.2:52
LOOKING MORE AND MORE LIKE JESUS ASIANS DO LOOK ALIKE
CONTENTS • • • • • • • • • • • INTRODUCTION 1.BUILDING JESUS’ PASSION FOR GOD 2. BUILDING JESUS’ BIBLE MASTERY AND OBEDIENCE 3. BUILDING JESUS’ PRAYER & FASTING LIFE 4. BUILDING JESUS’ RELATIONSHIP WITH HOLY SPIRIT 5. BUILDING CHRISTLIKE CHARACTER-HOLINESS, INTEGRITY 6. BUILDING JESUS’ PASSION FOR SOULS, EVANGELISM 7. BUILDING JESUS’ LOVE & CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP 8. BUILDING JESUS’ SELF-DENIAL, CROSS-BEARING 9. BUILDING JESUS’ STEWARDSHIP, FULFILLING GOD’S CALL 10. BUILDING CHRISTLIKE ATTITUDE TOWARDS LIFE: FAITH, WISDOM
INTRODUCTIONS • • • • DISCIPLESHIP: COST, LAWS & REWARDS GOD’S FOCUS ON THE DISCIPLEMAKER RELATIONSHIP MORE THAN PROGRAM THE CURRICULUM: – OBJECTIVE: CHRIST IN YOU (Col. 1:27; Gal. 4:19) – CONTENT: BUILDING ALL-ROUND CHRISTLIKENESS – METHODS: EXAMPLARY LIVING, TEACHING, (Col. 1:28), TRAINING, MENTORING, COACHING, COUNSE LING, 1 Cor.11:1; 2 Thess. 2:7-12 – EVALUATION: MATURITY IN CHARACTER, MINISTRY
1. PASSION FOR GOD TAKES ALL
1. BUILDING JESUS’ PASSION FOR GOD • • • • • • • Hunger and Thirst for God Love for God above all Fear of God Obedience to God’s Will Character that Conforms to God Zeal for God and Good Works Intimacy with God
Bible mastery and application is the major key to spiritual growth
2. BUILDING JESUS’ BIBLE MASTERY AND OBEDIENCE • Knowledge, Understanding and Wisdom from God Eternal truth and principles; • The Daily Quiet Time • Bible Hearing • Bible Reading • Bible Study: Methods and Tools • Bible Memorization • Meditation, Obedience and Application of Bible
You can never advance spiritually without prayer and fasting
3. BUILDING JESUS’ PRAYER AND FASTING LIFE • • • • • • • • The Prayer Life of Jesus Importance of Prayer and Fasting Kinds of Prayer Enemies/Hindrances to Prayer Aids to Prayer OT and Prayer Christo-apostolic Teaching and practice of Prayer How to start and lead Prayer Groups
4. Even Jesus depended on the Person and Power of the Holy Spirit
4. BUILDING JESUS’ RELATIONSHIP WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT • • • • • • • • The Messiah and OT Holy Spirit The Spirit and Birth, Growth of Jesus Jesus and The Fruit and Gifts of the Spirit The Spirit and Baptism, Temptation of Jesus The Spirit’s Leadership and Ministry of Jesus The Teaching of Jesus about the Spirit The Spirit and the Cross, Resurrection Of Jesus The Holy Spirit and Early Church
5.Christlike character cannot happen in days; it must be forged and hammered over years
5. BUILDING CHRISTLIKE CHARACTER • • • • • • • • • The 10 Commandments Sermon on the Mount Fruit of the Spirit 2 Pet. 1:3-9 Character Traits Jesus and Humility, Gentleness, Meekness Jesus and Obedience, Submission, Faithfulness Jesus and Purity, Guilelessness, Righteousness Jesus and Servanthood, Compassion, Love Jesus and Forgiveness, Reconciliation, Boldness
6. Passion for souls and 10/40 window
6. BUILDING JESUS’ PASSION FOR SOULS, DISCIPLEMAKING, WORLD EVANGELISM • Jesus Christ and Passion for Souls • Apostles and Early Church in Soulwinning & Disciplemaking • Soulwinning Methods • Marketplace, Tentmaking • Disciplemaking and Follow-up • World Evangelization & Unreached Pples
7. Stewardship is Faith Responding in Gratitude for God’s Gifts
7. BUILDING JESUS’ STEWARDSHIP OF LIFE TO FULFILL GOD’S CALL • Stewardship of Life: Time, Talents, Treasure, Temple, Tongue, Tong ues • Finding Your Spiritual Gifts • Finding Your Ministry and God’s Call • Developing Your Gifts and Talents • Excellence • Fulfilling God’s Call
8. Facing Life’s Challenges the Way Jesus Did
8. BUILDING CHRISTLIKE ATTITUDE TO LIFE’S CHALLENGES: FAITH & WISDOM • Jesus’ Growth in Wisdom, Stature, Favor with God and Man; • Building the Faith of Jesus • Building Jesus’ attitude towards Satan, demons and angels; • Building Jesus’ attitude towards the world; • Building Jesus’ attitude towards work, family, neighbors, nation, etc;
9.Our Fellowship is first with God, then with one another
9. BUILDING JESUS’ LOVE AND CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP • • • • • • • Jesus and His Fellowship with the Disciples The Love-life of Jesus The Teaching of Jesus on Love Importance of Christian Fellowship Fellowship in the Early church Enemies of Christian Fellowship One …another passages
10. No self-denial, no crossbearing means no discipleship
10. BUILDING JESUS’ SELFDENIAL, CROSS-BEARING AND SUFFERING • Jesus and Self-Denial • Jesus and Cross-Bearing • The Attitude of Jesus towards Suffering for Others and for the Gospel • Crucifixion of the Flesh • Crucifixion of the world and to the world • Suffering for the Truth • Suffering for Righteousness’ Sake
EVALUATION AND TIPS FOR CONTINUOUS GROWTH • How do we move on from here? • Maturity
How to do Voodoo Are you working too hard and not getting the results?? Well,...
Son simples cuestiones que, aunque puedan resultar a priori inocentes, albergan in...
"The souls of the just are in the hand of God, and no torment shall touch them. " ...
"Making Christlike Disciples In Our Circles Of ... We welcome you to the Mountain View web ... The mvnaz Growth App is a simple app to help you in ...
5 Principles of Making Disciples and Enabling Spiritual Growth ... we have to somehow “count” our success at making disciples. Yet spiritual growth ...
Making Christlike Disciples in Cambodia. November 21, 2015 Laurice Maggay Leave a comment. ... we held a Bible college class on Church Growth and Evangelism.
Making New Disciples: Steps to Christian Growth - A Practical Handbook: Amazon.de: Steven J. L. Croft: Fremdsprachige Bücher
Reflecting on “Making Christlike Disciples in the ... because this is what it means to be a Christlike disciple. ... Unlike conversion growth, ...
Making Christlike disciples in ... to his own personal growth and was making a ... Southern Florida District Church of the Nazarene ...
MAKING CHRISTLIKE DISCIPLES THROUGH COMPASSION Prepared for the Blue Ribbon Commission on Compassion Oliver R. Phillips, Director of Mission Strategy US/Canada
Making Disciples; Christlike; In the Nations; ... Once they come, encourage the regular attendees to find ways to help them become Christlike disciples.