lokaráðstefna IHB

67 %
33 %
Information about lokaráðstefna IHB
Sports

Published on July 9, 2007

Author: Zinc

Source: authorstream.com

The SMS project in a nutschell:  The SMS project in a nutschell Ingunn H. Bjarnadóttir Project coordinator Centre for Gender Equality, Iceland Sports, Media and Stereotypes Women and men in sports and media:  Sports, Media and Stereotypes Women and men in sports and media Project funded by the EU Community Programme on Gender Equality (2001-2005) Community Programme on Gender Equality (2001-2005) :  Community Programme on Gender Equality (2001-2005) Restricted Call for proposals spring 2004 Project theme: 'promoting change in gender roles and overcoming gender stereotypes' Our target: Sports, Media and Stereotypes Icelandic project partners:  Icelandic project partners Iceland Centre for Gender Equality/Jafnréttisstofa Project leader University of Akureyri University of Akureyri Research Institute Faculty of Social Sciences and Law - Media Studies Program University of Iceland Centre for Women’s and Gender Studies. European project partners:  European project partners Austria Austrian Federal Chancellery – Sports division Women without borders Italy University of Genoa, Faculty of Arts and Philosophy Lithuania Centre for Equality Advancement Norway Ministry of Children and Family Affairs University of Telemark Project budget:  Project budget The total budget for the project is: 325.909,52 Euro – 23,7 ISK millions 80% funding comes from the European Union: 259.958,52 Euro – 19 ISK millions Project budget:  Project budget The remaining 20% was funded by the Centre for Gender Equality in Iceland and several Icelandic sources: The Ministry of Education, Science and Culture The Ministry of Social Affairs, The Sports Fund The University of Akureyri Research Fund The National Olympic and Sports Association of Iceland The Reykjavík Sports and Youth Council The beginning and the end:  The beginning and the end The project formally began the 1st of November 2004 The project period is 15 months – will finish at the 31st of January 2006 Objectives of the SMS project:  Objectives of the SMS project 1. To explore similarities and variations in representations of women and men in sports 2. To promote change in the gendered stereotypes in sports by enlightening the most influential target groups in this area about the impact of their representation of male and female athletes, particularly in the media, and how it can create and maintain traditional images of women and men Products of the SMS project:  Products of the SMS project Research on representations of women and men in sports and sports media Research in all partaking countries 2. Promote change as to how women and men are presented in the sports media Multimedia material for sports writers/sports trainers CD and a website – www.jafnretti.is/sms or www.gender.is/sms An international conference 20th of January 2006 in Reykjavík, Iceland An expert advisory group was established Expert advisory group:  Expert advisory group Two experts from each country, one from the sports environment and the other from the sports media Kristrún Heimisdóttir, board member of The Icelandic Olympic and Sports Association Samúel Örn Erlingsson, Head of sports – RUV, Icelandic Sports Writers Association Mette Bugge, sports journalist for Aftenposten Eva Arnseth, board member of the Norwegian Olympic Committee and Confederation of Sports Rosa Diketmüller, Professor at the Institute of Sports Sciences of the University of Vienna. Veronika Slupetzky, Sports journalist at the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation Laimute Janusonyte Kuzniniene, Chairperson of the Lithuanian Sports Press Federation Algirdas Raslanas/Sigitas Stasiulis, Department of Physical Education and Sports Stefania Passaro - Sports writer/former basketball player, Italy Giovanna Rosi – Sports journalist, Italy Expert Advisory Group:  Expert Advisory Group The role of the group: To give expert advise/consultation regarding the research To be a focus group in the project research To help in developing the training material - expert advise and testing To exchange knowledge within the group To encourage discussions and raise awareness about the project issue within their organisations To help disseminate the project results Meeting in Telemark Norway 2nd of April 2005 :  Meeting in Telemark Norway 2nd of April 2005 Added value of this EU project!:  Added value of this EU project! Comparable results We have comprensive knowledge about representations of women and men in sports media in 5 European countries European network We have brought together people from 5 European countries who are passionate about this topic and can work on promoting change The SMS website::  The SMS website: www.jafnretti.is/sms www.gender.is/sms

Add a comment

Related presentations