Published on September 16, 2015
1. MAXIMIZE YOUR INMAIL RESPONSE RATE BY DATA (And why search equals inmails?) Cuong Nguyen Customer Success Consultant LinkedIn
2. AGENDA Situations to send out an Inmail The 5 Influencing factors which determine your response rate – Brand – Search = King and Inmail = Queen – Do’s and Don’ts of Inmails – Content – Insights
3. LINKEDIN NETWORK Netherlands: 5.7M MEMBERS. 74% PENETRATION RATE Belgium: 2.4M MEMBERS. 51% PENETRATION RATE Members Worldwide >2 newMembers Per Second 186M+Monthly Unique Visitors 380M+
4. HOW DOES YOUR IDEAL INMAIL LOOKS LIKE?
5. Members who’ve viewed your profile. “Hi xxx. I noticed you checked out my profile. Thanks! Is there anything I can help you with?” It’s simple, yet very effective. 1 2 Members who just joined the network “Hi xxx. Welcome to LinkedIn! I see that you’re in engineering. Very cool! More than happy to reflect your career aspirations if you’re open for it now or in the future. 3 Members in your groups “Hi follow group member. See that you have great comments on the last article. Really spot on about the xxx topic. I’m a recruiter and always happy to help people forward in pursuing their next career step. Find your way of thinking very interesting and would love to exchange thoughts if you’re open for it. No pressure, just introducing myself. SITUATIONS TO SEND OUT AN INMAIL 4 Branding “Hi xxx. Came across your profile and see that you’re interested in xxx. My company just launched it’s new career page and more than happy to share with you. Have a look and feel free to let me know what you think. Happy reading! 5 Business Development “Hi xxx. Came across your profile and see that you’re working for XXX. In the past I’ve been in contact with XXX to partner on strengthen the department with the best XXX professionals. I was wondering if you’re open to have a chat to understand more about the relationship we have with XXX.
6. INFLUENCING FACTORS INMAILS
7. Brand Search Approach Content Data Higher Response Rate 5 INFLUENCING FACTORS
9. Experience Summary Name Headline Photo Rich Media Customized link + contacts YOUR PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
11. SEARCH ©2013 LinkedIn Corporation.
12. 14 Hard Skills Job Title Synonyms HOW MUCH SEARCHES DO YOU CREATE FOR 1 REQUISITION? Java Engineer
14. 17©2013 LinkedIn Corporation. All Rights Reserved. (hr OR personel OR personnel OR personeel OR hrpm OR hcm OR hrms OR cipd OR hrcm OR shrm OR human OR talent OR hrm OR hrbp OR “employee relations” OR “hr business partner” OR hrbp OR “human resources business partner” OR “hr generalist” OR “hr Manager” OR “hr consultant” OR “hr advisor” OR “hr manager” OR “head of hr” OR hoofd OR “human resources manager” OR “human resources” OR “hr business partner” OR “hr consultant” OR “human resource manager”) AND (partner OR associate OR Principal OR director OR consultant OR “managing director” OR channel OR manager) AND ("employee relations" OR "labor relations" OR ER OR “HR” OR "human resources" OR "human resource" OR "industrial relations") AND (regulations OR regulatory OR compliance OR policy OR regulation) AND (compliance OR regulatory OR regulations OR risk OR equality OR “personnel audit“ OR "compliance manager" OR "compliant" OR "audit" OR "validation“ OR vertrouwenspersoon OR trustperson OR “trust person”) (channel OR sales OR customer OR partner) AND (marketeer OR marketing OR marketer) AND ("sales and marketing manager“ OR "sales manager") AND ("marketing communications" OR marketing) AND (campaigns OR campaign OR marketing) AND (promotion OR marketing) AND (events OR event OR trade show) AND ("product manager" OR "product marketing" OR "product management" OR "product marketing manager" OR "project manager" OR "marketing manager" OR "account manager" OR sales OR "product mgr" OR marketing OR "product developer" OR "product owner" OR "business development" OR director OR “brand manager") AND ("channel marketing" OR marketing OR "product lifecycle management" OR plm OR pr OR "public relations" OR communications OR marketing OR media OR advertising OR “product launch” OR assortment OR “product selection” OR “shelf space” OR “premium”) (logistics OR distribution OR operations OR manufacturing OR supply chain OR warehouse OR supply OR warehousing OR logistical OR freight OR shipping OR planning OR procurement OR transport OR retail OR logistic OR export OR import OR transportation OR logistiek OR 3PL OR 4PL OR “third party logistics provider” OR “third party logistic” OR “3rd party logistic” OR “third party logistics” OR “3 party logistics”) AND (manager OR boss OR “business partner” OR chargehand OR directeur OR Head OR leader OR lead OR leadership OR leidinggevende OR mgr OR mngr OR manger OR management OR manages OR mgmt OR managed OR managing OR manage OR managr OR mnger OR mng OR managers OR mangr OR managerial OR owner OR responsable OR responsible OR principle OR principal OR supervisor OR superintendent OR teamlead OR teamleader OR teamleider OR “team leider”) AND (“supply chain management” OR supply chain OR scm) AND (inventory OR warehousing OR distribution OR planning OR warehouse OR procurement OR purchasing OR “supply chain” OR buyer OR buying OR category OR categories OR procuring OR supplier OR acquisition OR facilities) AND (“change management” OR “business analyst” OR design OR “change manager” OR change OR “project manager” OR “project management” OR transformation OR workflow OR “work flow”) AND (english OR englisch OR engels)
15. *Belgium – 11/9/2015 Engneer 12 Engenier 39 Engineeer 65 Enginer 101 Engeneer 974 ---------------------------------- 1191 ENGINEER MARKETING Marketng 9 Marketin 32 Markting 136 Maketing 173 ---------------------------------- 350 EVERYTHING “WORKS”
16. REFINEMENT FILTERS Most Utilized Most Under Utilized
17. Java Engineer Narrow Hard skills Standard Hard skills + soft skills Broad Maximum inclusion Joined 1 day filter Followers Followers filter Implicit search Groups Skeleton Only job title search HOW MANY SEARCHES DO YOU CREATE? 20 Java Engineer Save Search Search Alert
19. 59% Challenging work 49% Culture which fits my personality 51% Excellent compensation and benefits WHAT INTERESTS PASSIVE TALENT IN BELGIUM? 44% Good work / life balance 42% Good relationship with colleages *Belgium March 2015, n=3000
21. Situation: 1. Unknown if the candidate is passive or active 2. Unknown if the candidate is interested in this type/level job 3. Unknown if the candidate is well connected with recruiters Goal: 1. Start a relationship 2. Trigger interest candidate 3. Candidate’s response 4. Recruiter-of-choice CONNECTING ETTIQUETTES
22. Use commonalities Choose/Save template Subject SAVE YOUR INMAIL TEMPLATE
23. The keepers 1. (Shared connection) suggested that I reach out to you… You’re not a stranger, but a friend of a friend. 2. Hello from a fellow avid Scuba diver Tap into a passion that person has and show you’ve actually done some research about them. 3. We overlapped at Rutgers for two years, but…. Leverage any sort of shared experience you have with the candidate brings you a bit closer to the candidate and shows you’ve actually done some research about them. . 4. Cuong, do you wish you could come back to Cisco? Obviously, this one only works if you are targeting someone who left your company. (“boomerang” employees”) The sleepers 1. You are probably happy at XYZ, but… Used a thousand times before, and isn’t going to cause anybody to stop and read it. 2. New product marketing manager role Really? 3. Looking for a dynamic Director of Marketing with a broad marketing background for a great company! Generic 4. Career Opportunity with XYZ Co. Zzzzzzz…… The bleepers 1. Did you get my earlier message? Yes, and I didn’t respond that time either. (Take a hint!) 2. I couldn’t reach you via phone so hoping that you check you InMails Getting “stalker-ish” 3. My client is interested in filling a marketing leader role immediately Sounds like your client has some major issues. Good thing I don’t work for him. (Don’t make your problem, mine) 4. Nice LinkedIn Profile. How are you? Please keep this professional network, professional -
25. WHAT DOES BIG DATA SHOW? – FINANCE, Belgium 1 Sent inmails per batch +33% Higher acceptance rate than average 0-6 M 2-5 Y Years in current company 1 – 2 words Subject & Message length Mon - Wed Influence your hires By sending inmails on.. 6AM 9 AM- 11AM .. And send inmails between: <99 words Subject Message 7-8PM +20% +2%
26. WHAT DOES BIG DATA SHOW? – IT/Technology, Belgium 1 Sent inmails per batch +32% Higher acceptance Rate than average 1 – 2 words Subject & Message length Mon - Wed Influence your hires By sending inmails on.. 7AM 8AM .. And send inmails between: 1-99 words Subject Message 8PM 11PM 12PM 0-6 M 6M-2 Y Years in current company +17% +11%
27. WHAT DOES BIG DATA SHOW? – Marketing, Belgium 1 Sent inmails per batch +28% Higher acceptance Rate than average 1 – 2 words Subject & Message length Mon - Wed Influence your hires By sending inmails on.. 9AM 12PM .. And send inmails between: 1-99 words Subject Message 9PM - 10PM 6M-2 Y 2-5Y Years in current company +10% +7%
28. WHAT DOES BIG DATA SHOW? – Sales, Belgium 1 Sent inmails per batch +25-30% Higher acceptance Rate than average 3 – 10 words Subject & Message length Sat - Sun Influence your hires By sending inmails on.. 9PM - 10PM .. And send inmails between: 1-99 words Subject Message 0-6M 6M-2Y Years in current company +17% +2%
29. WHAT DOES BIG DATA SHOW? – Software Engineering, Belgium 1 Sent inmails per batch 29% Higher acceptance Rate than average 1 – 2 words Subject & Message length Sat - Sun Influence your hires By sending inmails on.. 10PM – 2AM .. And send inmails between: 1-99 words Subject Message 0-6M 6M-2Y Years in current company +26% +2%
30. WHAT DOES BIG DATA SHOW? – Traditional Engineering, Belgium 1 Sent inmails per batch 29% Higher acceptance Rate than average 1 – 2 words Subject & Message length Thu - Fri Influence your hires By sending inmails on.. 9AM 6PM 8PM .. And send inmails between: 1-99 words Subject Message 0-6M 6M-2Y Years in current company +21% +7%
31. WHAT DOES BIG DATA SHOW? – HR, Belgium 1 Sent inmails per batch 27% Higher acceptance Rate than average 1 – 2 3 - 10 words Subject & Message length Mon - Wed Influence your hires By sending inmails on.. 9AM - 16PM .. And send inmails between: 1-99 words Subject Message 0-6M 6M-2Y Years in current company +16% +6%
32. ©2013 LinkedIn Corporation.
... we'll discuss how to leverage the power of LinkedIn data to accelerate your ... Using data from ... a higher response rate on your ...
How do your rate? ...7 Reasons Your ... the CEO of big data analytics company Good Data, ... And it will allow you to maximize LinkedIn as a networking ...
Looking to maximize your Facebook posts ... 5 Key Lessons to Help Boost the Performance of Your ... The data suggests that using more words in your ...
View Adam Paulisick’s ... data providers who tell you using their insights will allow you ... to Find Your Target Audience Data Informed.
Another big insight I came back ... What do you say to recruiters who say the response rate they get from ... If you’re using LinkedIn to send ...
More Past Events. Microsoft Fiscal Year 2017 First Quarter Earnings Conference ... Microsoft and LinkedIn Conference Call. JP Morgan Technology, ...
At this rate of growth, big data for U.S ... data to extract insights for making better informed ... and maximize the potential of big data ...
Big data analytics in E-commerce: a systematic review and ... business value through using big data ... response rate of ...