Published on October 11, 2016
1. 1 Lean: Understanding a Customer Requirements Matrix Series on Quality Systems Management Tools Dr. Sharon L. Burton, DBA
2. Goal The goal of this lesson is for users to understand the usage of a Customer Requirements Matrix as a quality and business process improvement tool.
3. Learning Objectives At the end of this lesson users should be able to Articulate the usage of a Customer Requirements Matrix Explain how to develop a Customer Requirements Matrix Demonstrate the development of a Customer Requirements Matrix
4. What is a Customer Requirements Matrix? Customer Requirements Matrix is a tool for: • Addressing requirements tracking • Speaking to scope creep • Providing what features a product or service should have and why
5. What is the Value of the Customer Requirements Matrix? Customer Requirements Matrix Helps Users: • Understand the business domains • Reveal outputs • Understand the quality characteristics • Describe the business domains • Comprehend what to measure • Know the targets • Understand the importance to customers of what to measure • Learn the customer’s view of the gaps • Establish the ranking order of the processes being measured
6. Creation Time to Allot for the Customer Requirements Matrix From Start to Finish Allow 5 hours • Data Collection: 1-3 hours • Diagramming the Customer Requirements Matrix: 1 hour • Walk through of Customer Requirements Matrix with Stakeholders: 1 hour
7. How to Develop a Customer Requirements Matrix? Input the Headings
8. How to Develop a Customer Requirements Matrix? Input the Scoring
9. How to Understand CRM Work Prioritization? Verify the Ranking Stakeholder Work Prioritization Breakdown • Review the ranking • Prioritize the ranking by numerical weight • Verify the data with the stakeholders Numerical Weight
10. Bibliography Campos, J., & Ballend, HJ-c. (2012). The voice of the customer for project development, 4th edition; Your illustrated guide to obtaining prioritizing and using customer requirements and creating winning. West Linn, OR: Rapidinnovation Press. Chaudhuri, A., & Bhattachuryya, M. (2009). A combined QFD and integer programming framework to determine attribute levels for conjoint study. International Journal of Production Research, 47(23), 6633-6649. doi: 10.1080.00207540802350757 Gin-Shuh, L., Tsung-Yu, C., & Shu-Fen, K. (2006). Applying fuzzy quality function deployment to identify service management requirements for an ocean freight forwarder. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, 17(5), 539-554. doi: 10.1080/14783360600587994 Liang, G. (2010). Applying Applying fuzzy quality function deployment to identify service management requirements for customer quality needs. Quality & Quantity, 44(1), 47-57. doi: 10.1007/s11135-008-9178-7 Raynor, D. (2014). Why use a requirements diagram? Part 1. Retrieved from http://www.batimes.com/articles/why-use-a-requirements-matrix-part-1.html
Oriel STAT A MATRIX provides public training across the ... Understanding Lean ... Voice of the Customer ...
Six Sigma and Quality Function Deployment. ... The matrix used to connect customer requirements to internal process and product requirements is ... Lean Six Sigma ...
Breakaway Lean Understanding Workplace Organization ... Requirements of Clause 4.2 on Understanding the Needs and Expectations of ... Customer needs and expectations;
This understanding of the customer needs ... a satisfied customer. Quality Function Deployment helps ... Maintain the product planning matrix as customer requirements ...
There are different theories for understanding customer needs and ... meeting customer requirements and ... customer satisfaction metric across an ...
Introduction & History of the Toyota Production System ... Art of Lean, Inc. ... By smoothing or leveling customer requirements
Customer diversity continues to increase, ... This exercise will also deepen your understanding of competitors and help you better anticipate ... Lean forward and ...
• Allergan Portfolio Management –use of Customer Needs Analysis ... 4 Steps to the Epiphany & The Lean Startup . Customer Needs & Problem/Solution definition .
Breakaway Lean Understanding Workplace ... IATF 16949:2016 Internal Auditor Training for ... regarding Core Tools and Customer-Specific Requirements, ...