Published on March 10, 2014
B2B Lead Generation Lead Generation Tips in 2014 Nick Miller Head of Marketing Prepared for Digital EDGEucation March 2014
How do you generate leads? • How many of you have signed up for a marketing webinar? • Went to TFMA last week? • Downloaded a white paper? • Been to an event? • Entered a competition? • Taken part in a poll or questionnaire? • Subscribed to a trial/beta version of a product? 2
The simple view
The more complex view 4
Three Pillars to Successful B2B Lead Gen
Some Assumptions 7
1. Set time aside for Segmentation 8 4 vertical sectors… 3 business sizes… 4-5 audiences/ personas… 501- 1000 Sector 1 Sector 2 Sector 3 Sector 4 0-500 1000 + 0-500 501- 1000 1000 + 0-500 501- 1000 1000 + 0-500 501- 1000 1000 + Finance Director/role SD SD TM TM Finance Director/role SD SD TM TM Finance Director/role SD SD TM TM Finance Director/role SD SD TM TM Campaign approach based on 4 Priority sectors based on different job functions...
2. Build personas in your market 9 “Penelope” Training Manager, Recruitment Manager, Learning & Development Manager (across all verticals) Business Profile: Typically works within larger companies and have lots of internal process across several multifunctional departments. Interested in: Developing and nurturing talent, productivity, employability, learning approach style & development of personal goals. Key influencer in training decisions, develops talent across lots of different job functions and levels
3. Invest in Content 10
4. Collecting the right data and expectations • Think about what you want to do with the leads • Understand how you will want to contact them • What’s the next level of segmentation? • Ask your sales team what they need to know before they make a call? • What is the customer expecting as a follow up? • Call back requests? What is the expectation and response time? 11
5. Sales Team Alignment 12
6. Legalities 13
7. Timeliness 14
8. Opportunistic and Agile 15
9. Systems, Processes and Integration • Google Analytics – with goal and event track correctly configured • CRM • Call tracking • Form tracking • Integration - SALESFORCE 16
In Summary • Don’t overcomplicate • Making assumptions in persona’s and segmentation is dangerous • Content, Content, Content • Work with your sales team • Good systems help • Be ready to adjust your plan and be opportunistic 17
Any questions? 18
This list of lead generation tips is not comprehensive! You may have other ideas worth sharing. Marketo Reviews Free Trial 4 Min Demo Contact Us.
Real estate marketing and real estate lead generation plans that succeed in 2014 must include a CRM (customer relationship management) system ...
Best Practices with Robert Krekstein. Robert Krekstein, Ventyx’s Senior Director Global Lead Generation, is a demand generation black belt. With 20 years ...
InsideSales.com's tips and tricks for improving sales ... shows that for sales organizations who rely on lead generation to create ... More Tips: Lead ...
Five top lead generating tips for 2014. Thursday, 20 February 2014 0:05. ... Too many businesses end up taking a haphazard approach to lead generation, ...
... fire in 2014? Here are 16 important B2B lead generation ... statistics about lead generation ... to B2B Lead Gen for lead generation tips and ...
Do you want to grow your lead generation business ... Follow these lead generation tips if you want more ... 2014 | By Vanessa De La Rosa.
... Optimization & Lead Generation: May 2014 Apps Roundup. ... lead generation, content marketing ... Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Just like any other marketing tool, educating yourself about lead generation is imperative. You must stand apart from the competition. The tips you find ...
20 Quick Lead Generation Tips for Better Outbound Prospecting in 2014. ... I started the Lead Generation Insights blog in 2010 to provide tips, ...