Published on June 22, 2016
1. 2016 Informz Benchmark Report June 22, 2016 #AssnBenchmark16
2. Presented by…. Tracy Solarek Executive Advisor Vivian Swertinski Sr. Digital Marketing Strategist
3. Webinar Agenda 2016 Email Marketing Benchmark Report Industry Marketing Trends Recommended Next Steps
4. • 6th consecutive year produced • Over 1,300 Associations and Nonprofits • 12 months of data • Over 1 billion emails • US, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, UK
5. How Do You Measure Email Performance? Source: 2015 Association Technology Study, Lehman Associates, LLC
6. Open Rates – a deeper dive • HTML email with images enabled • Text or HTML email with click activity • Unique Open by Subscriber
7. Click Through Rates Openers that clicked on a tracked link Better yet… Insights about your users behaviors and interests.
8. Open Rates vs. Click Rates Open Rate Click Rate Influenced by friendly from name, subject lines, and pre-header text Influenced by content and call to action Need opens to acquire clicks Follow email engagement Open Click Conversion
9. Overall Benchmark Email Metrics
10. Open Rate by Subscription Size
11. Engagement by Subject Line Length
12. Short and Sweet Subject Lines Are you in?OMG, HMF!! Thank you APA News
13. Results by Frequency
14. Engagement by Number of Links
15. Profile by target audience
16. Results by Target Audience
17. Duration of time spent “reading” the email
18. Day of Week
19. Time of Day
20. Email Client Type
21. 2015 - The Year of Testing 62% Increase in Subject Line Testing in 2015 73 Million Test Emails Sent
22. What to Test? • Friendly From • Subject Line • Pre-header Text • Banner Image • Message • Call to Action
23. Effective Tests Options Traditional Split (50 -50) or A/B Send to Winner
24. Industry Trends
25. Trend – Measure ROI after the Click Source: 2015 Association Technology Study, Lehman Associates, LLC
26. Integrated Systems – Holistic View of your Audience Database Email Website Online Community
27. 2015 Association Technology Study – Marketing Automation Source: 2015 Association Technology Study, Lehman Associates, LLC
28. What is your experience with Marketing Automation? Using it Today Considering within 6-12 months Have awareness, no specific plans New Concept
29. Why Automate? • Efficiency • Effectiveness • Relevancy • Customized Experience
30. Customize the experience
31. Web tracking – Insight and “ACTION” tool
32. Target “known” audiences Create action based target groups Session Trends for Known and Anonymous Users
33. Automated Campaigns
34. Next Steps • Take time to create and send targeted mailings • Know your mobile audience - Enhance the user experience • Measure performance after each individual mailing • Monitor/benchmark reports by category • Create a test plan • Provide ample, prominent calls to action • Create a follow up plan to decreased missed opportunities • Higher Education Administrators, check out your specific Higher Education benchmark report
35. Questions? Stay in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org
You may have read the 2016 Association Email Marketing Benchmark Report, if not, check it out! This exclusive report compiles key email marketing metrics ...
2016 ASSOCIATION EMAIL MARKETING BENCHMARK ... 07 Benchmark Data and Key Findings 18 ... 20 Association Email Marketing Benchmark Report Informz, ...
The 2016 Global Email Benchmark Report includes ... Email Benchmark Report includes findings to help ... Marketing Association, email remains ...
... Association Email Marketing Benchmark Report, ... findings from its 2016 Association Email ... Intelligence to Deliver Customized Communications ...
The Marketo Email Marketing Benchmark ... findings in the report. For even more email marketing findings and best practices, watch my American Marketing ...
The tenth annual Email Marketing Industry ... Key findings from the report. Email again delivers highest ... Email Marketing Industry Census 2016 ...
See how you stack up against other associations and learn how to use data from the 2014 Association Email Marketing Benchmark Report to recharge your ...
We've just received a copy of the 2013 Membership Marketing ... the key findings and stats from the report. ... Marketing Benchmark Report is now ...