Published on October 23, 2014
1. Jordan’s ICT Industry ICT Association of Jordan – int@j October 2014
2. int@j Background Driven by His Majesty’s vision for a strong private ICT Sector Established in 2000 as the ICT industry-support association under the REACH Initiative Lead with MoICT implementation of the REACH Initiative (2000- 2006), National ICT Strategy (2007-2011) and (2013 – 2017) •Includes more than 200 companies in IT, Telecom, Outsourcing, Content, Internet and Mobile businesses, membership is open to all ICT companies •Focuses on advocacy, promotion and marketing, capacity building, research and publications, and ICT Clusters
3. Sector Vision Jordan to become a major regional ICT leader and an internationally recognized exporter of ICT products & services, capitalizing on its core human capital advantage
4. Jordan’s ICT Sector Started back in 1999 (REACH Initiative) followed with the National ICT Strategies (2007 – 2011) and (2013 – 2017) Fastest growing sector in Jordan's economy (Avg. 25% growth) More than 84,000 jobs in total (direct/indirect/induced) Contribution of 12% to GDP (10% direct, 4% indirect) On the ground international companies (Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle, HP, Yahoo, Intel, Ericsson)
5. Strong ICT Sector accomplishment (12% to 14% of GDP) ICT Average salaries is JD 800 to JD 900 (upper middle class) ICT is an enabler of the whole economy and creator of wealth ICT is a pillar of Jordan’s Economy Source: -Manufacturing, Construction, and Agriculture GDP and Employment: Department of Statistics -ICT: int@j Industry Classification and Statistics 201 -Tourism: Ministry of Tourism Manufacturing Tourism ICT Construction Agriculture 17.70% 14.30% 12.00% 4.30% 2.30% 10.60% 3.28% 1.23% 4.50% 2.80% GDP Contribution Direct Employment
6. $210 $202 $231 $300 $324 16,253 15,574 17,090 14,597 15,835 442 456 490 495 540 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 IT Export Revenue Total ICT Employment Number of Companies Good News – Growing Sector Increasing Companies Increasing Exports Stable Employment CAGR +5.1% CAGR +7.4%
7. Amman is the 10th best place to start a technology company in the world 4th Oasis500 Angel Network 11 References: - Bloomberg.com - Sindibad Business Report for Wamda.com Good News – Int’l Recognition
8. $685 $530 $508 $317 $313 $895 $732 $738 $617 $638 $1,538 $1,637 $1,721 $1,691 $1,582 $2,433 $2,369 $2,459 $2,308 $2,220 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 IT Domestic Revenue IT Total Revenue Telecom Revenue ICT Revenue Some Bad News Declining Telecom Revenue Overall Declining ICT Revenue Declining Domestic IT Revenue 52 Companies closed in 2011, and 48 closed in 2012 83 Companies closed in 2013 CAGR +0.56% CAGR -14.5% CAGR -6.5% CAGR -1.8% Declining total IT Revenue
9. Sources: -Telecom: Telecommunications Regulatory Commission -IT: int@j Industry Classification and Statistics 2013 ICT Sector Landscape •540 Companies in Telecom, IT, Online and Mobile Content, Outsourcing, and Games •All Number in USD million IT Export Revenue IT Domestic Revenue IT Total Revenue Telecom Revenue ICT Sector Revenue $12 $48 $60 $500 $560 $324 $313 $638 $1,582 $2,220 2000 2013
10. •Exporting to more than 40 countries •Major Export Markets –Saudi Arabia $86m (26%) –USA $69m (21%) –Iraq $41m (12%) –Nigeria $23m (7%) –UAE $21m (6%) Regional Opportunities –Saudi Arabia (Over $4b IT spending) 50% of GCC –UAE (Over $1b IT spending Annually) –Qatar (Over $500mn IT spending Annually) ICT Sector Exports
11. Segments and Companies
12. Sector Segments •Operators •ISPs/ASPs Telecom •Hardware •Networking IT Infrastructure •Enterprise Solutions •Emerging Applications IT – Software •Content •Applications Online and Mobile •IT Outsourcing •Business Process Outsourcing •Knowledge Process Outsourcing Outsourcing •Online and Mobile •Console Games
13. Sample Companies Banking: CCS, Progress Soft, ManafSoft, EastNets, Focus Solutions Payment: STS, Gate2Play, Jabbar, Access2Arabia, MEPS, Madfo3at Insurance: Eskadenia, TechnoSys, KeySoft, NatHealth Health: EHS, ATS, Optimiza, NatHealth, N2V, AlTibbi, Eskadenia Education: ITG, Rubicon, Al-Hudhod, Eskadenia Telecom: Globitel, Eskadenia Gov: Estarta, Savvytek, Optimiza, SSS Process, Offtec, Primus, ITG HR: MenaITech ERP: Sermon, Savvytek, Intracom CRM: Eskadenia, MenaITech VAS: Info2Cell, MIT, BeeCell, Access2Arabia, PACT, Javna Web: Dot.Jo, Primus, Imagine Online: D1G, Jeeran, Maktoob, Jabbar Games: Quirkat, Maysalward, Beladcom, Mixed Dimension Animation: Rubicon, Kharabeesh, CurleStone, Media Plus Outsourcing: Aspire, Extensya, CrysTelCall, Primus, KeySoft, 4th Dimension
15. More Opportunities E-Learning: Jordan Education Initiative Local firms delivering world-class products –ITG - EduWave Platform, World Summit Award Winner –Rubicon, Math Curricula with Cisco New models: Al-Hudhud, Nibras, Darebni Recently established Jordan’s ICT for Education Cluster to promote Jordan’s ICT capabilities in Education
16. More Opportunities E-Health: Electronic Health Solutions Royal Initiative Based on VistA with pilot in 3 Public Hospitals and to build on and replicate in other countries Opportunity to build health applications (Cloud, Mobile, Infrastructure) Established Jordan’s Healthcare ICT Taskforce as an open group to develop Health ICT
17. Opportunities Telecommunications: Liberalized Telecom Sector –Liberalized mobile telephone subsector –Liberalized fixed line subsector Independent regulator – TRC Licensed WiMAX & 3G Infrastructure More than 9 million mobile phone subscribers
18. Opportunities Business Process Outsourcing: 9th globally in AT. Kearny Global Services Location Index (2009) Availability of necessary ingredients –Manpower and human talent –The “right” Arabic and English dialect –An alternative destination –The right telecom infrastructure –The investment climate –The political and economic stability
19. Online/Mobile Content and Gaming 3% Arabic content in the world – Jordan is the largest contributor Neutral Arabic speaking community Mobile: – Applications, Games, and Content •Multiplatform applications, content, and games (including iPhone and Blackberry) Online –Applications and Gaming Solutions (example online payment) –Communities (example web forums, football sites) –Media and Content (example Online Newspapers, social media, and directories)
20. Thank You
Presentación que realice en el Evento Nacional de Gobierno Abierto, realizado los ...
In this presentation we will describe our experience developing with a highly dyna...
Presentation to the LITA Forum 7th November 2014 Albuquerque, NM
Un recorrido por los cambios que nos generará el wearabletech en el futuro
Um paralelo entre as novidades & mercado em Wearable Computing e Tecnologias Assis...
Things You Need To Know About JORDAN’s TECH SECTOR © 2014 Copyright MENA ICT FORUM 2014. About the Forum; Agenda; Contact Us; Speakers ...
Ref: UIS/2014/ICT/TD/3 REV ... sector-wide ICT in education plans, ... Information and communication technology (ICT) ...
Eco Cities of the Mediterranean Forum 2014. ... Technology and ICT sectors towards ... Tech and ICT sectors. Strategic Partnership with Jordan ...
Inspired by BlackHat, SecTor is taking a deeply technical look at threats with well known speakers and Canadian perspective. Venue and presentation details ...
... efforts in the field of measuring ICT indicators, December 2, 2014 ... Egyptian ICT Sector ... Oct. 2009 ; Sept. 2009 ; ICT Indicators Quarterly ...
The economy of Egypt was a highly centralized planned economy focused on import ... This is declined to US$16.4 billion in Oct ... ICT sector citation ...
Research ICT Africa is a regional ICT policy and regulation ... In 2014 Dr Alison ... Prof GIllwald's presentation to Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on ...
ICT Sector News (English) ICT Sector News ... 2014 Integrated ... The information technology association of Jordan int@j has launched the IAOP ...