Published on September 29, 2014
1. TECHBYTE 2012 “Emerging Solutions in ICT Infrastructure and Security” 20 October 2012
2. TECHBYTE 2012 The Department of Information Technology, Jagan Institute of Management Studies, Rohini organized its 9th Annual IT Symposium, TechBYTE 2012 on 20th October, 2012 at PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Delhi. The symposium concentrated on the following key areas: Cloud Computing as PaaS, SaaS and HaaS Information Security Management of E-Waste Comparison of Mobile - Applications under Android, iOS 5, MANGO Green Computing: Standards and Solutions The Chief Guest of the day was Mr. Vibhore Sharma, CTO from Naukri.com. The Chief Convenor and Key note speaker was (Dr.) V.B. Aggarwal, Director (IT), JIMS.
3. SCHEDULE 9:00 am 9:30 am Registration 9:30 am 11:00 am Inaugural Session Welcome address : Prof. R.P. Maheshwari, Director General, JIMS Chief Guest : Mr Vinod Sharma , CTO from Naukri.com Keynote Speaker : Prof. (Dr.) V.B. Aggarwal, Director(IT), JIMS Vote of Thanks : Dr. Praveen Arora, Dept. of IT, JIMS 11.00 am – 11.30 am Networking Tea 11:30 am 1.00 pm Technical Session – I i) Ms. Bimaljeet Kaur, Knowledge Champion -HiTech ISU Tata Consultancy Services i) Mr. Ajay Kumar Dhir, Group CIO, Lanco Infratech 1.30 pm – 1:45 pm Networking Lunch 1:45 pm 3.00 pm Technical Session – II (Faculty in charge : Ms. Suman Madan) i) Pawan Kumar Singh, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Tulip Telecom Ltd. ii) Mr. Anup Girdhar, CEO, Sedulity Solutions 3.00 pm 4.00 pm Technical Session – III i) Mr. Sanjeev Shrivastava, IBM ii) Mr. Vibhor Gupta, Pitney bowes 4.00 pm - 4.30 pm Vote of Thanks followed by Tea
4. SPEAKERS FOR DIFFERENT SESSIONS Session 1 1. Ms. Bimaljeet Kaur, Knowledge Champion -HiTech ISU Tata Consultancy Services. 2. Mr. Ajay Kumar Dhir, Group CIO, Lanco Infratech CIO- Lanco Infratech Session 2 1. Mr. Anup Girdhar, CEO, Sedulity Solutions. 2. Mr. Pawan Kumar Singh, Chief Information Security Officer, Tulip Telecom Ltd Session 3 1. Mr. Sanjeev Shrivastava, IBM 2. Mr. Vibhor Gupta, Pitney
5. SESSION 1 The First Technical Session was instigated by Ms. Bimaljeet Kaur, Knowledge Champion -HiTech ISU Tata Consultancy Services. Topics discussed in this session were: Fact that green IT is an approach to green data center. Issues of data center were discussed i.e. •What is Green IT •What are Data Centre’s •Related Facts •Current Data Centre Challenges. The session was then taken over by Mr. Ajay Kumar Dhir, Group CIO, Lanco Infratech CIO- Lanco Infratech. Mr. Dhir began by giving the definition of Green Computing followed by answering questions like •Why Green IT •Simple green steps •The Challenges and Opportunities of Green IT. •IT Energy Wastes •3 Strategies for going green and the actions for executing the strategies.
6. SESSION 2 The Second Technical Session was commenced by Mr. Anup Girdhar, CEO, Sedulity Solutions. He talked about •How secure are our social networking sites. •He presented his thought that “Shall we stop using every one of them”. •What is the network basis of various ways to attack on a site. The session was then further led by Mr. Pawan Kumar Singh, Chief Information Security Officer, Tulip Telecom Ltd. He nourished the audience about •Information security •Starting with the difference between IT security and information security •He covered the aspects of security in detail •He also explained security challenges, Risk and OSI model in his talk.
7. SOME GLIMPSES OF TECHBYTE-2012
8. SESSION 3 The Third Technical Session began by Mr. Sanjeev Shrivastava, IBM.Topic discussed were • Cloud •The service & deployment models to implement the Cloud Computing. •Decision on business drivers of cloud computing. Further the session was taken by Mr. Vibhor Gupta, Pitney bowes where he spoke about how cloud computing is defined by different persons in their respective ways and covered following area: 1. Types of the cloud services. 2. VM ware virtualization. 3. How Cloud computing is linked with the Green Computing. 4. How through various devices the cloud computing can be used. 5. Various issues those are present in the cloud.
JIMS ANNUAL MANAGEMENT SEMINAR ... Welcome!Jagan Institute of Management Studies CSR initiative Karmaarth is an attempt to bridge the Education ...
JIMS, Rohini, Sector 5, ... JIMS Annual Inter College Techno Management Cultural Fest "VERVE" 2K16 will be held on 26th and 27th ... 2012. Highlights All ...
This is the part of Jim Gottstein's talk at the Second Annual Rethinking Psychiatry Symposium in Portland, Oregon, May 12, 2012 where he ...
To connect with Karmaarth, One Step Ahead, sign up for Facebook today.
At JIMS, You will encounter ... Annual Sports Day; JIMS Family; Cultural. Kshitij; Zest & Dandia; Rock Star Night; ... Jagannath International Management ...
... today organized an Inter School Debate Competition at its ... JEE aspirants in 2012. ... JIMS Organizes the 8th Annual IT Symposium ...
A copy of the 5 January 2012 Annual Strategic Planning meeting notes was ... 2012 Business Opportunities Symposium ... Jim Carter and Penelope ...
Jim Coplien. Rustan Leino. Rob Pike. bottom ... Silver. Bronze. Friend. Thank you from the SPLASH 2012 ... participating in the annual OOPSLA Doctoral ...
CRB is pleased to announce that Brian Peasley and Jim Daly will present ... Innovation Symposium ... Annual Spring Forum on May 23rd & 24th, 2012, ...