Published on January 8, 2016
1. January 2016 Message from Greg Aden 2016 President Happy New Year! As I write this "warm welcome" to 2016 from all of us on the leadership team of ICF-Colorado, please know we are excited to be your leadership. During our Board Retreat, we discussed and became clear on many topics, including our WHY’s we wish to serve ICF-Colorado and its members. We also became clear on our roles and responsibilities. Our Why’s and Roles will be spelled out very clearly in the near future. We are excited for this year and all it will bring us through focus and hard work. As mentioned at the Christmas Party, our focus this year is simple ... To Serve and To Grow. The leadership team serving membership and serving the board as leaders. The leadership team growing membership and the monthly attendance. Simple objectives for the year. This outline will be rolled out at our first meeting on Thursday, January 14th. This will be our first meeting at the new location: The Lowry Conference Center 1061 Akron Way, Building 697 Denver, CO 80230 Highlighting the evening will be Barb Wade, who will be sharing with us how to Overcome Competing Intentions. So "how" are we going to pursue our objectives and achieve our goals? • We will add value to the existing members by appealing to their specific needs (based on experience and requests). • We will activate existing members to getting more involved in IN THIS ISSUE: President's Message Communications Director position available Mentor Coaching Group Program starting January 21st NEW! ICF Colorado Book Club January 14, 2016: Monthly Meeting Special Interest Groups (SIGs) IN THE SPOTLIGHT: Chris Coward FEATURED ARTICLES: Check out this wealth of information Membership: New Member Sponsors Needed General Meeting Information ICF CO Meetup Groups NEW! ICF CO Meetup in Golden. Click here for details. NEEDED: New Host for ICF CO Boulder Meetup - thank you Tom Lietaert for serving as the Boulder host for the
2. leadership projects and education/programming. • We will establish partnerships with companies (profit and non-profit) who will serve and support our needs as a Chapter and its members. • We will establish a quality, "value added" vendor list allowing buying discounts and usage benefits. I look forward to seeing each of you at the meeting on Thursday, January 14th in Lowry. Greg Aden President firstname.lastname@example.org 469-879-8211 =========================== Communications Director – Position Available Interested in serving as Communications Director on the 2016 ICF Colorado Board? Please click here to send an email to with your bio, contact details and why you are interested in this position. Thank You to Anita Martin and Karen McGee Giving a shout out and thank you to Anita Martin and Karen McGee for your help with the door prizes at the December Holiday Party. Great job and thank you for supporting the ICF CO community! Winter/Spring Mentor Coaching Group Program Facilitated by: Judy Sabah, MCC Dates and Time: Jan 21, Feb 4, Feb 18, March 3, March 17, March 31, April 14 from 9:00-10:00am Mountain time After two successful 2014 Mentor Coaching Group Programs, we are excited to announce the 2016 Winter/Spring Mentor Coaching Group Program. This program is offered at a discounted registration fee. The program is being offered by Judy Sabah, MCC and co-founder of ICF Colorado. Limited to 10 participants 7 – 60 minute sessions over 13 weeks Entire focus for this program is on core competency skill building and enhancement in group sessions for participant preparation to complete the ICF exam process. Each participant will submit 3-recorded coaching sessions, no longer than 30 minutes in length, with good sound quality. Individual, private feedback will be given on these sessions. last several years. Interested in hosting Boulder? Click here to submit interest. Our ICF Colorado Meetup Groups are an opportunity for our community to continue conversations and keep communications going in-between our monthly meetings. ICF CO Meetup Groups currently in Golden, Boulder and Ft. Collins. Interested in hosting an ICF CO Meetup Group in your area? Let us know: email@example.com Link on Meetup *Please check the link above for any updates/changes announced by the Meetup Group leaders. Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Check out ICF CO: Facebook Like Us on Facebook Twitter You Tube LinkedIn Questions? Email us at email@example.com Questions? Comments? Ideas to Share? firstname.lastname@example.org www.icfcolorado.org Advance Your Practice and Career with
3. One recorded session at the beginning of program, one before 4th session, one before 6th session. Participants will receive 10 hours of Mentor coaching credit as participants. Cost to ICF Colorado Members Payment in Full: $975 regular registration by January 14, 2016 – based on availability Cost to Non-ICF CO Members Payment in Full: $1075 regular registration by January 14, 2016 – based on availability Click Here to Register About Judy Sabah, MCC Judy Sabah, MCC, is the co-founder of ICF Colorado, and also co-founded the Colorado Chapter of the National Speakers Association. A charter member of the ICF, she is also a 30+ year member of the National Speakers Association. She has been coaching for 21 years, is a graduate of CoachU, and a Certified Axiogenics™ Coach. Judy has been a long-standing member of the ICF assessor team and is regularly involved in the review process for applicants acquiring their credential. A leader, communicator, and a relater, her energy, motivation and zest for life is contagious, whether she is mentoring a fellow coach or giving a presentation. For more about Judy, visit her website at http://judysabah.com Click Here to Register ICF Colorado Book Club! FREE to Professional Members and Affiliates. It's finally here! We've scheduled our first book club meeting and hope you'll join us. Our first book is Brian Whetten's, "Yes, Yes, HELL NO! The little book for making Big Decisions." Brian Whetten will be joining us for the call! Click here for call in details. Tom Lietaert LinkedIn Discussions ICF Colorado extends outside just the monthly meetings. Jump in and join the conversation! Questions about the ICF Colorado LinkedIn group? Contact: Carl Dierschow email@example.com
4. Treasurer, ICF Colorado (419) 699-6100 January 2016 Monthly Meeting: "Overcoming Competing Intentions" Date: January 14, 2016 Time: 6:00PM - 9:00PM Speaker: Barb Wade Topic: "Overcoming Competing Intentions: A Powerful Tool To Free Your Clients From Persistent Struggle and Self-Sabotage" Special Interest Groups (SIGs) conducted from 6:00 - 6:50pm. Location: The Lowry Conference Center 1061 Akron Way, Building 697, Denver, CO 80230 As coaches, we are all committed to helping our clients achieve their deepest desires, regardless of our niches or specialties. However, we find that even the most well-intentioned clients get in their own way and let fear, self-doubt, and self-sabotage hinder their progress (if even subconsciously!). And if totally honest, we’ve seen the same thing with ourselves at times! Often the “culprit” behind our persistent habits, patterns, and complaints is that we hold two strong but diametrically opposed intentions / commitments inside ourselves. Typically one is a powerful heartfelt goal, but the other is born of dysfunctional need and irrational self-beliefs that are just as strong drivers as the former. This kind of push-pull holds us helpless in achieving that which we want most. The solution is to first bring these powerful competing intentions to light, to recognize the quandary we’ve created, to explore the merits of each intention and the need / desire it’s founded upon, and to excavate the irrational core beliefs and interpretations of self and the world that dominate the commitment we’ve been holding that is impeding positive forward progress. Participants will come away with: An Understanding Of Competing Intentions And The Tools To Uncover The Most Insidious Hidden Agendas. How To Facilitate A Client’s Assessing The Veracity Of Their Diametrically Opposed Commitments. A Powerful Process To Dissolve The Fear-Based Competing Intention / Dysfunctional Need That Is Keeping The Client Stuck. A Hand-On Experience Of This Process Using Ourselves As The “Client,” Thus Developing Mastery To Overcome Our Own Unintentional Self-Sabotage. About Our Speaker, Barb Wade: Barb Wade, M.A., Speaker, Author, and
5. Coach, has been on the leading edge of Transformational Coaching for over 15 years. Barb works with high-achievers who yearn for a greater sense of freedom, joy, and meaning in their lives. Barb’s professional journey has included great achievement in the corporate world, from high-level executive posts at Paramount and Disney to running a division at DreamWorks — until dissatisfaction and lack of meaning inspired her to turn her own 20 year pursuit of personal growth into a formal career. Barb completed an MA in Spiritual Psychology as well as Coaching Training in 2000. Ultimately Barb helps her clients re-define success on THEIR terms. Through an exploration of their truly authentic priorities, values, and dreams, Barb’s clients release those relationships and circumstances that are draining and depleting them, and instead build lives and businesses that are vibrant and purpose-driven. Barb speaks frequently at conferences and on industry panels, and was the official on-air Life Coach for the Fine Living Channel for 8 years. She lives in Northern Colorado with her husband and two spirited daughters. Information and Registration Page: http://icfcolorado.org/events/icfco-jan2016-monthly-meeting/ Location: The Lowry Conference Center 1061 Akron Way, Building 697 Denver, CO 80230 ================ PLEASE NOTE: Everyone must register for the monthly meetings & events including ICF Colorado members Cost: ICF Colorado Members (Professional and Affiliate): Free Non-Members: $30 ATD-RMC: $30 (enter code for discount) CLICK HERE TO REGISTER for the January 14, 2016 Meeting Special Interest Groups (SIGs) EXECUTIVE COACHING CASE STUDY SIG January 14, 2016 6:00PM - 6:50PM Facilitated by: Stephanie Wachman Are you an Executive Coach who wants to grow your skills and bounce ideas around with peers? Join us for discussions on real executive coaching cases. The group reviews both live examples from coaches in the room, as well as case studies. Learn and gain new perspectives with others in a safe and engaging environment. Facilitator: Stephanie Wachman firstname.lastname@example.org
6. EXPERIENCED COACHES SALON January 20, 2016 7:00PM - 9:00PM Location: see information below Facilitated by: Judy Sabah 5+ Years of Coaching Experience? You’re Invited to Check Us Out! The Salon format is a safe place in the home of one of the participants where experienced seasoned coaches share their journey as coaches with other like coaches in open, safe intimate dialogue, while boring deep into shared seasoned coach's issues. Location: Judy's home in Denver, CO (address and phone sent to RSVP’s) Please RSVP to email@example.com for the salon. We look forward to seeing you there! Facilitator: Judy Sabah firstname.lastname@example.org BUILDING YOUR BUSINESS SIG WITH NANCY CHEN January 14, 2016 6:00PM - 6:50PM Facilitated by: Nancy Chen Putting It All Together: Your Coaching Success System We will design a visual map of how the content we have covered this year can be integrated into a successful system for your coaching business. **Stay up-to-date with assignments and the latest news for the BUILDING YOUR BUSINESS SIG by JOINING OUR NEW LINKEDIN ICF COLORADO SIG SUBGROUP Facilitator: Nancy Chen email@example.com IN THE SPOTLIGHT: Chris Coward Chris has been a coach since 2004 after a career as a social worker running Philadelphia non-profits. Her coaching specialties include leadership development with a focus on wellness and she works with organizations to do team development, coaching and training. Chris is one of the original partners in HabitChange Company where she co-created an ICF approved 125 hour coach training program. Through this company
7. Chris has overseen coaching service delivery to individuals and companies around the country. Chris loves the outdoors, which brought her to Denver this past September. She is married, has a dog and plays bass guitar in various bands. Click here to read more FEATURED ARTICLES: Click here to access previously featured articles In our ongoing efforts to add value to your membership, we have the Featured Article section in our newsletter and on the website. We'd love to receive submissions from YOU about coaching in your niche, particular processes that you use, interesting client issues you've coached or anything interesting or fun you'd like to share. This is a win-win for all of us! While this is not intended to be a sales pitch piece, we would be happy to link the article submitted back to your website. Feel free to recycle great articles that you've already written. If you'd like to submit an article for consideration, send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include an article (up to one page, ~500-750 words preferred), your name, company name, contact info, link back to your website (or the blog link if you’ve already published it) and a brief bio. We look forward to more great stuff from YOU. ICF Colorado Membership in the ICF Colorado: New Member Sponsors Needed We now have 9 persons serving as New Member Sponsors, but have new members waiting for a sponsor. Your help is needed! As the Membership Director, it is my hope that new members are welcomed into our Chapter and quickly find a home in our "family." To ensure this happening well, we are starting an experiment called New Member Sponsors. A new member sponsor is someone who has been in the Chapter for perhaps a year or more who will help welcome a new member and make sure they become integrated into the life of the Chapter. For the first few months, the sponsor will befriend the new member, become acquainted, introduce him or her to others in the Chapter, explain the various benefits and programs of the Chapter, and perhaps have coffee or lunch with the person. If you have been a member of our Chapter for a year or more, please consider becoming a New Member Sponsor. It is a four-month commitment to make friends with someone and ensure that they become actively involved in the Chapter. You will be provided with some orientation and suggestions on how to best sponsor someone. Please contact Walt Hastings to express your interest in welcoming new members. Call Walt at 303-526-9490 or e-mail him at email@example.com.
8. Why Join ICF Colorado? * A community of individuals committed to making a difference in the lives of their clients. * Connect with other coaches. * Become engaged in the work of learning together and creating a strong community. * Receive valuable training each month that you can directly apply to your life or work with clients. Click here to Join or Renew Click here to learn about Member Benefits If you have questions about membership, please call Walt Hastings at 303-526-9490. To your success! Walt Hastings ICF CO Membership Director General Meeting Information Regular Monthly Meetings Members: No Charge Non-Members / Guests: $30 per meeting fee When: 2nd Thursday of every month (unless otherwise noted) 6:00PM - 9:00PM SIGs start at 6:00PM, and the General Meeting starts at 7:15PM sharp. Where: The Lowry Conference Center 1061 Akron Way, Building 697, Denver, Colorado 80230 Phone: 303.595.1693 Map to Lowry Conference Center:
9. 2016 ICF Colorado Leadership Team Greg Aden President Greg@AdenLeadership.com 469-879-8211 Lisa Hale President Elect firstname.lastname@example.org 505-690-3354 Walt Hastings Membership Director email@example.com 303-526-9490 Communications Director Open Position Orvel Ray Wilson Education Director OrvelRay@GuerrillaGroup.com 303.642.0510 Tom Lietaert Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org 419-699-6100 Monica McNulty Secretary email@example.com 720-840-7501 Mark Entrekin Marketing/Outreach Director Mark.Entrekin@RealityFocusedDynamics.com 303.335.5434 Dinah Snow Past President Dinah@DinahSnow.com 303-499-0408 firstname.lastname@example.org Copyright 2016 ICF Colorado
ICF Colorado Newsletter; ... Starting in January 2016, ... ICF CO Newsletters Sign Up Now. Fill out my online form. In the Spotlight.
ICF Colorado Newsletter; ... January 2016 ICF Colorado Newsletter from ICF ... Interested in serving as Communications Director on the 2016 ICF Colorado ...
January 2016 ICF Colorado Newsletter: http://www. slideshare.net/ICFColorado/ja nuary-2016-icf-colorado-newsletter ...
January, 2016 Monthly Newsletter . ... Credentialed Coach Finder Coming in January. ICF Global will unveil a major update to their Coach Referral Service, ...
Sign Up for Our Newsletter. Premier Member Login. ... January 2016 In-Person Event "ICF-NJ's First 2016 Networking Event"
Senior Dental News Bulletin January 2016 In This Issue ... The Colorado Dental Health Care ... If you have any suggestions for Newsletter topics please ...
... March 2016 issue of the STAR Newsletter is now ... Our Development Director Discusses ICF o ... January 2016 issue of the STAR Newsletter is now ...
January 2016 Newsletter . Our MEMBERS are the foundation of CRA’s success, growth and progress. As the holidays draw near and we close another year, we ...