Published on October 23, 2014
1. Knowledge Sharing for the Developing World Victor de Boer, Christophe Guéret, Stefan Schlobach and Chris J van Aart
3. Need for information sharing in rural developing areas • Agricultural, Health, Education, Market prices… Sharing (heterogeneous) knowledge is essential • LD is well-suited because of: – Language-agnostic – Interface-agnostic – De-centralised authoring • Slicing – Re-usability • Local • Global Based on Sbc4d.com
4. Information sharing should be made 1. usable on small, affordable, hardware deployed in various connectivity contexts; 2. accessible to individuals with varied cultural backgrounds / literacy levels; 3. relevant and directly useful to the target public they aim to empower. Infrastructure Interface Relevancy
5. With the mainstream Dev. countries can leapfrog directly into the information age, jumping many phases of immature technologies Linked Data is mainstream computer science research. Test hypotheses in domains/environments Img: flickr/n3v3rv0id
6. Interfaces: Mobile phones and Community radios
7. Infrastructure: Low-powered hardware and Mesh networking ENTITY REGISTRY SYSTEM (ERS) • Fully decentralised Linked Data publication platform • Works under any kind of connectivity context • Tracks back individual edits back to their authors • Simple and versatile • Open Source https://github.com/ers-devs • Low resource demanding ... and open for contributions so don't hesitate to fork it!
8. Rapid-prototyping knowledge sharing platform (aka “The Box”)
9. ICT4D Course @ •MSc Computer Science course –this year 3rd time –Core Computer Science: CS4D •Make students aware of importance of context •Hands-on experience •Train CS researchers in ICT4D
10. ? http://tinyurl.com/cs4dworkshop
11. LET’s Build A WORLDWIDE Semantic Web http://worldwidesemanticweb.org http://tinyurl.com/cs4dworkshop firstname.lastname@example.org
06/10/2014 - Lightning Talk Session returns for ISWC 2014; 21/08/2014 - The conference program is available online; ... SEMANTIC WEB CHALLENGE SPONSOR ...
The International Symposium on Wearable Computers (ISWC) ... and to create such knowledge in a ... A solar powered LED dress with two lighting models which ...
Scalable Semantic Web knowledge Base Systems; ... Lightning Talks; ISWC Program Book; ... The International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC) ...
Knowledge management ... Knowledge Sharing ... Making available increased knowledge content in the development and provision of products and services;
Information is usually not equivalent to knowledge ... The knowledge economy is also seen as the latest stage of development in global ... Talk; Variants.
On Microsoft Developer Network, you can learn to build apps for the web, Windows Phone, and Xbox. Find the latest resources for developers. On Microsoft ...
... Potsdam Indiana University Indiana University Institute of Business Intelligence & Knowledge ... ISWC 2009 ISWC2009 Lightning Talks ... development ...
... Germany after presenting StYLiD at the poster and demo session of ISWC ... is to explore the development ... knowledge representation; knowledge sharing;