Published on October 19, 2014
1. @gdecugis Inventing the future of publishing through human-curated big data Guillaume Decugis Co-Founder & CEO – Scoop.it
2. @gdecugis Tim Berners-Lee, 1999 “I have a dream for the Web [in which computers] become capable of analyzing all the data on the Web”
3. @gdecugis The Web today I’m talking to you! I’m looking for you!
4. Hi, my name is Guillaume. I’m an Engineer and I like data too. @gdecugis And also now an Entrepreneur (Musiwave, Scoop.it)
5. We Engineers love data and algorithms. @gdecugis
6. In 1993, I built a neural network algorithm… @gdecugis …to predict stock market performance based on financial data
7. @gdecugis This is where I’d be if it had worked
8. @gdecugis People produce a lot of content
9. And yes, algorithms can filter content based on analytics, social data… @gdecugis
10. But smart systems use people to correct data. @gdecugis
11. @gdecugis And people like to do it.
12. @gdecugis Media is discovery. Not Search. What I know What I know I don’t know What I don’t know I don’t know Search Media
13. “Curation starts when Search stops working” Clay Shirky, 2010 @gdecugis
14. The Search for the perfect Content Algorithm @gdecugis
15. @gdecugis Human Publishing
16. @gdecugis Algorithmic Publishing
17. 7 things that content personalization algorithms do poorly • Anticipation • Risk Taking • Big Picture • Pairing • Social Importance • Mind-blowingness • Trust @gdecugis Eli Pariser, 2011
18. @gdecugis Humanrithm “The Algorithm + the Crowd are Not Enough” Rand Fishkin, Moz.com We need humans data editors/curators.
19. @gdecugis Humanrithm at work – episode I Big Data
20. + Human curation @gdecugis Humanrithm at work – episode I Big Data
21. + Human curation @gdecugis Humanrithm at work – episode I Big Data 50M pieces curated in 18 months = Clever Publishing 80M visitors
22. @gdecugis Humanrithm at work – episode II Curations in silo
23. @gdecugis Humanrithm at work – episode II Categorize Recommend #curatethecurators Curations in silo
24. @gdecugis Humanrithm at work – episode II Recommend #curatethecurators Interest Channels Categorize Curations in silo
25. @gdecugis The past of publishing Content Audience Organisation & context Authors Curators Editors Readers Value
26. @gdecugis The future of publishing Content Audience Organisation & context Authors Curators Readers Opportunity
27. One way or another, the Web will be organized. @gdecugis What’s your favorite scenario?
28. @gdecugis Thank you! Guillaume Decugis @gdecugis
Brands are more invested today than ever before on curating and distributing paid,...
Marketers need to be creating and publishing original content across many differen...
As content marketing continues to increase in popularity in every industry, more m...
Il Direct Email Marketing (DEM) è una tipologia di marketing diretto che usa la po...
This presentation contains all 120 rules from Part 1 of the 2nd edition of "Email ...
40 years of radical publishing. Cart (0) / Log In / Register more images image. Inventing the ... “Inventing the Future is unapologetically a manifesto, ...
Inventing the Future by Tim ... the innovators who are busy inventing that future live in a ... what they've learned and then publishing it in books ...
Start by marking “Inventing the Future” as Want to Read: Want to Read saving ...
40 years of radical publishing. Cart (0) / Log In ... Srnicek and Alex Williams to talk about ideas and demands in their new book, Inventing the Future: ...
Inventing the Future [Dennis Gabor] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. ... Tell the Publisher! I'd like to read this book on Kindle
Inventing the future Hardcover – Feb 1989. ... Publisher: Stoddart; 1st Edition edition (February 1989) Language: English; ISBN-10: 0773723544; ISBN-13 ...
Inventing the Future on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. ... Tell the Publisher! I'd like to read this book on Kindle
Verso Books is the largest independent, radical publishing house in the English-speaking world.
MIT Sloan: Celebrating Our Past, Inventing The Future ... XV and the powerful influence it had on shaping the future. ... Third Millennium Publishing.