Published on March 7, 2016
1. Introduction to ASP.NET 5
2. Don’t forget to tweet #MVPHour and Win
3. Meet the Speaker Follow me@chrduf http://www.linkedin.com/in/cdufour Chris Dufour is a Toronto-based hands-on Software Architect with over 25 years’ experience in the Information Technology sector. Chris is a self-motivated and disciplined team leader, who is passionate about software engineering and enjoys staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in technologies in the IT industry. Chris specializes in professional application development with Microsoft technologies including C#, MVC, RESTful Services, WCF Services, SQL Server and Microsoft Azure. He is passionate about the developer community and is the president of the East of Toronto .NET User Group and co-founder and organizer of the Toronto Code Camp. He is a well-known speaker at local User Groups and Code Camps as well as international conferences such as DevTeach and Microsoft TechDays. He has contributed projects like the ‘Code Camp Event Module’ to the open source community on CodePlex. Chris has been recognized as a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for his involvement in the developer community.
4. Agenda What is ASP.NET 5? Open source commitment ASP.NET frameworks - similar, but different New .NET runtime environment Writing some code ASP.NET 5 schedule and roadmap How to get started
5. What is ASP.NET 5 A new open-source and cross-platform framework for building modern cloud-based Web applications using .NET
6. Built For The Modern Web Choose your Editors and Tools Open Source with Contributions Cross-PlatformOSS Seamless transition from on-premises to cloud Faster Development CycleTotally Modular Fast
7. .NET Framework 4.6 .NET Core 5 Full .NET Framework for any scenario and library support on Windows Modular libraries & runtime optimized for server and cloud workloads
8. .NET Framework 4.6 .NET Framework 4 .NET Framework 4.5 .NET Framework 4.5.1 .NET Framework 4.5.2 .NET Framework 4.6
9. ASP.NET frameworks - similar, but different
10. ASP.NET MVC 6
11. New .NET Runtime Environment Icons purchased on iconfinder.com - Slide by @ladyNaggaga DNVM .NET Version Manager DNX .NET Execution Environment DNU .NET Development Utilities
12. Let’s write some code!
13. ASP.NET 5 Schedule and Roadmap Milestone Release Week Beta6 27 Jul 2015 Beta7 2 Sep 2015 Beta8 15 Oct 2015 RC1 18 Nov 2015 RC2 TBD 1.0.0 TBD 2016 The November release candidate (RC1) is a supported and production ready cross-platform release. Depending on feedback from RC1 we will ship additional release candidates as necessary. Future Work The following features unfortunately won't make it into the initial RTM release. We are tentatively planning on shipping them in the initial feature release after RTM, during Q3* of 2016: • Visual Basic support • SignalR 3 • Web Pages 4
16. Resources ASP.NET 5 https://www.asp.net/vnext ASP.NET 5 Documentation https://docs.asp.net GitHub Repository – ASP.NET 5 https://github.com/aspnet/home GitHub Repository - .NET https://github.com/microsoft/dotnet Visual Studio https://www.visualstudio.com Microsoft Virtual Academy http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com
Introduction to ASP.NET 5¶ By Daniel Roth. ASP.NET 5 is a significant redesign of ASP.NET. This topic introduces the new concepts in ASP.NET 5 and ...
ASP.NET 5 is a lean and composable framework for building web and cloud applications. ASP.NET 5 is fully open source and available on GitHub. We ...
Want to access course content? For this feature, sign back in to Microsoft Virtual Academy
This tutorial will teach you the basics of building an ASP.NET MVC 5 web app using Visual Studio 2013. Download the completed project. This tutorial was ...
The first preview release of ASP.NET 1.0 came out almost 15 years ago. Since then millions of developers have used it to build and run great web ...
This blog post discusses the changes to the .NET framework, the solution layout / configuration and serves as an introduction to the recommended ...
What does this mean? Subscriptions allow us send you email notifications when new content is added. You need to be signed in to Channel 9 to use ...
Scott Hanselman presents a 5 minute introduction to ASP.NET MVC. DOWNLOADS: MP3 | MP4 | WMV. This article was originally created on April 12, 2011.
Want to watch this again later? Sign in to add this video to a playlist. Introduction to ASP NET 5, Part II Damian Edwards presents at ...
It's awesome to see some great content coming for asp.net 5 :) Just a little bit of feed back that you may wish to pass on to the MVA gods: 1. It would be ...