Published on October 23, 2014
1. Research Webinar Series Hosted by:
2. Disclaimer: This webinar will be recorded and shared publically. Consequently, anything shared during this webinar, including chat comments, could be shared publically. This webinar may represent a presenter’s or an attendee’s personal views, opinions, conclusions and other information which do not necessarily reflect those of MVU and/or the Michigan Virtual Learning Research Institute and are not given nor endorsed by MVU/MVLRI unless otherwise specified.
3. Introducing the Journal of Online Learning Research Leanna Archambault Associate Professor Arizona State University Kathryn Kennedy Senior Researcher MVU’s MVLRI
4. Agenda • History of the Journal • Scope, focus, & emphasis • Submission & review processes • Special issues • Current stats & expectations • Questions?
5. History of the Journal • 2010-2011 – Rick Ferdig, Cathy Cavanaugh, Joe Freidhoff, Susan Lowes, and Niki Davis IJKOBL • 2013 – SITE Conference – Need to find a publisher – Proposal submitted to AACE • 2014 – AACE accepted proposal • 2015 – First issue will be published Spring
6. Scope • Peer-reviewed, quarterly publication • Open access • International • Theoretical, empirical, and pragmatic • Understanding technology and their impact on primary and secondary pedagogy and policy in K-12 online and blended environments
7. Focus JOLR is focused on publishing manuscripts that address online learning, catering particularly to the educators who research, practice, design, and/or administer in primary and secondary schooling in online settings.
8. Emphasis • JOLR is both international and interdisciplinary • Looking for qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research from multiple fields and disciplines that have a shared goal of improving K-12 education • Highlighting implications for research, policy, and practice.
9. Submission & Review Processes • AACE’s publication system – aace.org/ • Click on “Publications” • Click on “Author Guidelines & Submissions”
10. Submission & Review Processes • APA format; no more than 30 pages, double-spaced, including references and images • Review process: 1. Reviewed first by co-editor-in-chiefs 2. If article meets scope and format, sent to three reviewers 3. Reviews due within a month 4. Decision made and sent to authors
11. Special Issues • 1-2 issues a year will be special issues • Note: Guest editors can only be author or co-author on one of the articles in special issue • Submit a proposal to us, and include: • Topic and description of special issue and relevance of that topic to the field • Timeline for special issue • CVs of guest editor(s) • Potential authors for special issue
12. Current Stats and Expectations • Began accepting submissions in August 2014 • Received 7 papers total • 4 were editorially rejected • 1 rejected after review • 2 are still out for review • Current expectations: • 4-5 articles per issue • 3-4 issues per year
13. Questions Leanna Archambault email@example.com Kathryn Kennedy firstname.lastname@example.org
14. MVLRI Research Webinar Series Upcoming Webinar: Date & Time: Tuesday, 10/28, 3pm eastern time Topic: Fall Collaborative Presenters: Beth Robelia; Elena Geiser Hogan
15. Contact us! Email: MVLRI@mivu.org Facebook: /mvlrinstitute Twitter: @MVLRI_MVU LinkedIn: michigan-virtual-learning-research-institute
Introducing ... qualitative research course were introduced to ... online learning. Journal of ...
Introducing Online Learning in Higher ... Introducing Online Learning in Higher Education: An Evaluation ... International Journal of Educational ...
Journal of Online Learning Research. ... and/or administer in primary and secondary schooling in online settings. However, the journal also serves those ...
Copyright © 2016 Journal of Interactive Online Learning. All Rights Reserved. Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.
Australasian Journal of Educational Technology. Open ... It aims to promote research and scholarship ... the ACER Blended Online Learning and Distance ...
Introducing blended learning: ... Research in Learning Technology is the journal of the ... Research in Learning Technology, [online] ...
Online research library with access to books, journals, ... better research with Questia! Study on your schedule with our online library.
the Journal of Online Learning and Teaching (JOLT). ... Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Educational Research Abstracts (ERA), IndexCopernicus, ...
Reflecting upon past papers in the Journal Adventure Education and Outdoor Learning and other research publications over recent years, we see emerging a ...
The Electronic Journal of e-Learning (EJEL) ... Special issue on Research Methodologies in e-Learning. ... www.academic-bookshop.com is the online outlet ...