Published on November 14, 2019
1. Baby Monster GroupTo give all children an equal opportunity to be conﬁdent in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math)
2. The problem: young girls are less likely than boys to view their own gender as brilliant Variable in study A: message of what type of game Variable in study B: age Source: AAAS 2017 https://science.sciencemag.org/content/355/6323/389 Engineering is thought to be for smart people
3. I stumbled onto this problem when my girls told me that Legos are for boys
4. Product solution: Interactive Stage a theater arts & engineering programmable platform Theatrical STEAM learning is natural for both genders - Girls feel empowered and engaged to create and imagine - STEM is integrated in the play process to build interest and conﬁdence - Natural play brings out the natural interest and conﬁdence needed to face any challenges
5. Crowdfunding campaign goal: $25,000 $15 tier - a thank you shout out on our social media $30 tier - support a school/organization with other backers and get a thank you note/card from the kids you supported $75 tier - receive one Interactive Stage kit from this production run $150 tier - receive one Interactive Stage kit + a second kit will be donated to a school/organization $1,000 tier - choose a teacher/instructor at a school/organization to receive 10 Interactive Stage kits with instructions and lesson plan materials
6. Mission To become the pioneer company to give children of all ages, gender and economic background the equal opportunity to learn STEM through play Linda Chen CEO Graduate of MIT in Computer Science, Linda’s experience focuses on leading new product innovation at startups, Microsoft Research and Bing. She volunteers in organizations that support education for girls and minorities, and serves on the Board of the Mercer Island Schools Foundation. Stephen Holstein CTO Graduate of University of Illinois in Electrical Engineering and University of Washington Tech Management MBA program. He has worked at Amdocs, Accenture, Boeing, and is currently designing control systems for Blue Origin’s spacecraft. Charles Holstein Education Specialist Graduate of Northern Illinois University and Saint Xavier University in Education. Charles has 35 years of public school STEM teaching experience. He designed high school biology curricula and led multiple projects to renovate school labs and technology centers. Rachael Haensly User Experience Rachael has been teaching at Academy for Precision Learning where she founded a Seattle GEMS (girls excelling in math and science) chapter. She is in graduate school at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, studying Unmanned Aircraft Systems with a concentration in Human Factors. She holds a Bachelor of Arts from New College of Florida.
7. Thank you Ⓒ 2019 Baby Monster Group LLC. All rights reserved.