Published on June 8, 2017
1. HOSTED BY: Insider Social Strategies from Experts at Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & LinkedIn
2. Anastasia Oulianova – Agency Partner at Facebook – PPC Hero Blogger – @facebook AJ Wilcox – LinkedIn Advertising Consultant at B2Linked – Hero Conf Speaker – @wilcoxaj Ashley Gestrich – Agency Partnership Manager at Pinterest – @pinterest Presenters
3. Join the conversation • Include the hashtag #thinkppc in your Twitter tweets. Or use the webinar question box to send us questions.
4. Who is Hanapin? – Run the world’s most popular PPC blog and conference. – We manage and optimize global paid search, paid social, and display programs. – Within 12 months, brands can expect a 250% increase in their growth trajectory.
5. Our Clients
6. Live Poll Question #1 How long have you been in PPC? #thinkppc A. Less than 1 year B. 1-3 years C. 3-5 years D. 5+ years
7. &HOSTED BY: Join the Visual Conversation Anastasia Oulianova, Agency Partner at Facebook
8. Join the visual conversation
9. Anastasia Oulianova AGENCY PARTNER MANAGER 9
10. RULE OF STORES B I RT H O F E - C O M M E R C E OMNI- CHANNEL MOBILE- FIRST COMMERCE IMMERSIVE COMMERCE ? 10 We are here
11. Reach people where they spend their time of time spent on mobile apps 6% Over 20% of all time spent on mobile Source: US ComScore data, Media Metrix June 2015 F A C E B O O K A N D I N S T A G R A M
12. VR/AR Text Photos Videos
13. People now expect communication that is… Mobile is how we interact with the world EXPRESSIVE & IMMERSIVE 13
14. Sources: 1. “Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2015–2020” by Cisco, Feb 3, 2016. 2. Facebook data, Dec 2015. Of all mobile data traffic will be video by 2020, compared to over half now1 75% And 100,000,000 hours of video are watched on Facebook daily2 100m hours Mobile means video 28
15. 15 In our TL;DR world, visual formats like video make us pause and engage 5x longer looking at video than static content across Facebook and Instagram. People spend Facebook IQ Source: "Video in Mobile Feed" by Kantar Media (Facebook IQ- commissioned research lab of 114 people ages 18-30 in UAE and UK who watch short form online video (<10 minutes) including ads and non ads at least monthly), July 2016
16. seconds 2.5 seconds 1.7 Source: Facebook data, Q3 2015
17. DISCOVERY STARTS ON MOBILE 74% of millennials take action after after being inspired by a post on mobile1 1in3people said they purchased an item from a local business based on an ad they saw on Facebook last holiday season2Source: 1) Instagram user survey, Poll of 2995 respondents in the US ages 18+, March-November 2015; 2) G/O Digital, “Holiday Purchasing Habits: A Digital Advantage for Local Businesses, Aug 17 2015
18. E V E R Y T H I N G C O M P E T E S W I T H Everything T H E G A P B E T W E E N C O N T E N T C R E A T I O N A N D A B I L I T Y T O C O N S U M E C O N T E N T W I L L C O N T I N U E T O W I D E N Content Time Content created Ability to consume content
20. A place for businesses of people learn about products and services on Instagram60% of people take action after being inspired by a post75% Source: Instagram user survey, November 2015.
21. VISUALSTORYTELLING FORMATS SHOWCASE MULTIPLE PRODUCTS VIDEO AVAILABLE FOR CAROUSEL CAROUSEL & DYNAMIC ADS AWARENESS DEMAND GENERATION ACQUISITION TRANSACTION SQUARE, LANDSCAPE, AND VERTICAL PHOTO SQUARE, LANDSCAPE, AND VERTICAL UP TO 60 SECONDS VIDEO
22. What’s New?
23. Lead Ads on Instagram
25. INSTAGRAM STORIES •150M+Instagrammers now use Stories every day Source: Instagram Internal Data, January 2017.
26. FIRST THINGS FIRST, HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS YOU CAN DO ON INSTAGRAM STORIES VIDEO ...so far PLAY WITH ILLUSTRATION GO LIVE!
27. HOW Brands are starting to use stories organically 1/3of most viewed Stories are from businesses
28. And now, introducing ads in stories Instagram’s first full-screen, immersive ad experience 70%of stories video views are played sound-on 1 IN 5Stories on Instagram gets a direct message Source: Instagram Internal Data, January 2017.
29. What’s New On Facebook
30. Placeholder And we’re building support for ads in longer length videos In-stream video ads on Facebook AD BREAKS
31. C O L L E C T I O N S A D From product discovery to purchase intent • Prominent in-feed ad unit featuring a photo or video and products 31
32. Video Photo + Carousel, Product catalog Tilt to Pan CTAHeader CANVAS We’re providing advertisers with an even richer and more immersive storytelling medium
33. 360 VIDEO
34. 34 Then re-ignite interest with sponsored messages Use News Feed ads to spark demand and a conversation News Feed Ads Sponsored messages
35. Thank you
36. HOSTED BY: Insider Social Strategies from Experts at Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & LinkedIn
37. &HOSTED BY: Ashley Title Ashley Gestrich, Agency Partnership Manager at Pinterest
38. Hello! I’mAshley pinterest.com/agestrich
39. People come to Pinterest to discover and do the things they love
40. 40 Ideas are possibilities
41. Ideas inspire people to act 41
42. 42 And people use those ideas to plan for everyday and big life events
43. Pins are ideas 43Source: Internal data Personal Future-oriented Actionable Personal Future-oriented Actionable
44. The best ideas come from brands and businesses on Pinterest 44
45. 45 75% of the content on Pinterest comes from a brand or business website1 45 Sources: 1. Pinterest analysis, 2016
46. 46 How many people are open to your client’s ideas?
47. Morethanyoumaythink 70min the US 105moutside the US 40%of new signups are men 80%of people are on mobile 75m1 Source: Pinterest analysis, 2016 people use Pinterest each month 47
48. 48 Home feed Drive your client’s business objectives through both Home Feed and Search
49. Pinterest is about the future 4 9
50. 50 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 D J F M A M J J A S O N D Mother’s Day Father’s Day Valentine’s Day Back to College Halloween Christmas People on Pinterest plan early for key seasonal events
51. Big life moments Everyday tasks …and they’re always on to plan for life events, from big to small Source: Pinterest Internal, 11/30/2015 – 11/30 /2016. Audiences based on 5 keywords per category. New Baby = baby, baby shower, nursery, baby boy, newborn photography. Wedding = wedding dress, wedding ideas, wedding hairstyles, wedding rings, wedding invitations. New Home = bathroom remodel, moving tips, kitchen remodel, packing tips moving, remodeling kitchen ideas. Gifting = christmas gifts, DIY christmas gifts, fathers day gifts, fathers day gifts from kids, birthday gifts. 70M Gifting Pinners 45M Wedding Pinners 29M New Home Pinners 49M Baby Pinners 61M Meal Planning / Recipe Pinners 42M Hair Care Pinners 16M Pet Pinners 23M Laundry Pinners 21M Cleaning Pinners
52. Promoted Pin formats 5 2
53. ConfidentialConfidential 53 Promoted Pins are native A natural part of the experience Drive performance efficiently and at scale You reach motivated people as they express interest
54. Confidential Promoted Pins at a glance 54 The look Appears at the top of the feed, allowing for easy discovery The behavior Full screen view on close-up The destination Clicks out to the link of your choice
55. Confidential Pin Formats Standard Pins Bring your existing content to Pinterest Rich Pins Add extra details to your Pins to make them more useful Promoted Video A made-for-mobile motion format Promoted App Pins Drive installs right from Pinterest
56. More from P&G More from Burberry Promoted Video: autoplay coming this summer • Available in reserve and auction • Capture attention with an autoplay preview • Increase purchase intent and enable sequential storytelling by showcasing a selection of 6 related Pins below your video for reserve buys • Achieve efficiency with auction based promoted video • Expanded measurement offerings including Nielsen mDAR, MOAT, Millward Brown and Oracle Data Cloud • Retargeting is available: video starts, quartile views, completes
57. Auction bid types 57 Dynamics and how to bid CPM • What you are bidding on: impressions • Used for reach-based buying CPE • What you are bidding on: engagements [unique instances of a save, closeup and clickthrough – only charged once per unique action] CPC • What you are bidding on: clickthroughs to website [any other engagement is considered earned] How the 2nd price auction works • Only pay for actions you care about • Only pay the winning bid price • Bid and expected performance determine who wins
58. Targeting and Audiences on Pinterest 5 8
59. Add your footer/source here 5 9 Targeting aligns to Discovery through Home Feed + Intent through Search Home Feed Search
60. Basic targeting Refine your audience further by layering on: • Location • Device • Language • Gender Keywords Reach an intent-driven audience in search as they’re looking for specific things to make, buy or do Interests Reach people according to their implied interests using interest targeting, or persona & category Actalike Reach people who act similar to a seed list of audiences from your customer or retargeting list. Engagement retargeting Identify people who have already interacted with your Pinterest content and drive them to action Visitor Retargeting Identify and retarget people who have interacted with your website or on-Pinterest content. Alpha results saw 3X CTR. Targeting and audiences on Pinterest Customer List Reach existing customers by uploading emails, mobile IDs (MAIDS) or via data APIs (ie: LiveRamp, Epsilon)
61. • Engagement retargeting identifies people who have already interacted with your content on Pinterest • By utilizing Pinterest engagement data, you can more effectively target people who are already interested in your brand and drive them to action Engagement retargeting 61
62. Customer list targeting Reach your customers while they plan on Pinterest Create and deliver relevant messages Include or exclude customer list audiences from your campaign
63. Visitor retargeting Reach people who have expressed interest in your products by visiting your website or app
64. Actalike targeting Scale your audience and reach people who look like your customers based on their behaviors on Pinterest
65. There are millions of people on Pinterest ready to discover your clients’ ideas 65
66. Thank you!
67. HOSTED BY: Insider Social Strategies from Experts at Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & LinkedIn
68. &HOSTED BY: LinkedIn Ads: Scalable, B2B PPC AJ Wilcox, LinkedIn Advertising Consultant at B2Linked
69. Live Poll Question #3 What’s your experience with LinkedIn Ads? #thinkppc A. Wouldn’t consider it in a million years B. Maybe...we’ll see C. I’ve run some D. I rock LinkedIn Ads
70. Search vs. Social Paid Search produces leads high in: ● Need ● Timing How do you ensure your ad dollars are spent on quality leads with: ● Budget ● Authority ?
71. Who’s this AJ dude? ● Exotic car nut ● Triathlete ● Soulless ginger
72. B2B Challenges
73. Optimizing the Funnel How do you track ROI of social?
74. B2B Ad Options
75. LinkedIn Advertising - Pros
76. LinkedIn Advertising - Cons
77. Who Should Consider?
78. Ad Units - Text Ads
79. Ad Units - Sponsored Content
80. Ad Units - Sponsored InMail
81. B2B Targeting
82. Targeting Strategy
83. Content Friction Funnel
84. Social Retargeting Paid Search retargeting = Audience built around keywords Social retargeting = Audience built around persona Which do you think is easier to upsell?
85. Lead Form Ads New as of 3/30 ● Similar to FB Lead Ads and Twitter Lead Gen Cards ● Great if your offer doesn’t require a landing page to further educate/qualify ● Mobile only
86. Matched Audiences - Retargeting New as of 4/23 ● Cookie-based retargeting ● Triggered on landing page ○ No event tracking ● 90 day cookie expiration ● 300 user min audience size ● Blah!
87. Matched Audiences - Company New as of 4/23 ● Which are your dream logos? ● Create campaigns to target (or exclude) certain companies: ○ Upload list of up to 300k companies ○ Fun on FB as well, but not as scalable ● Pro-tip: Upload a list of all of your competitors to add as an exclude to all campaigns
88. Matched Audiences - Email New as of 4/23 ● Upload list of up to 300k email addresses to target (or exclude) ● Create campaigns to target only owners of these email adddresses Pro-tip: Got a company exec particularly well-connected in your target industry? Download her connections to csv, and target ads to their email addresses
89. Offers! A. Get a free 8-pt LinkedIn Ads Get Started Checklist B. Get an account analysis from the experts at Hanapin Marketing (15k+/month) C. I’d like all of the offers D. No Thanks!
90. Live Q&A Time!
91. Thank you for attending our webinar! #thinkppc • Contact us Directly: » Hanapin Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org