Published on November 19, 2013
3rdwave GCM Global Commerce Management Direct Filing-Automating your ISF And Customs Entry Solutions@3rdwaveGCM.com
The following webinar was presented on Thursday, November 14. It was the second webinar in a 2-part series on the opportunities and benefits of Automating ISF and Customs Self Filings. Global Commerce Management Direct Filing-Automating your ISF And Customs Entry Solutions@3rdwaveGCM.com
Blinco Systems Inc. Since 1988, Blinco Systems Inc. (“BSI”) (www.blinco.com) has been a leading developer and solutions provider in Global Commerce Management, synchronized global supply chain execution and consulting services to companies involved in global trade and commerce. BSI’s clients range from global sourcing divisions of multi-billion dollar companies to SMEs who participate in global sourcing, purchasing, importing and distribution. BSI provides 3rdwave GCM solutions that fully support our client's unique business processes. Our solutions insure that our clients execute, manage and control their global environment to deliver the highest levels of available-to-ship/available-to-deliver capabilities at the lowest possible cost and optimal levels of inventory. TRG Direct® (www.trgdirect.com) is an importer direct-filing service developed by the principals of Trade Risk Guaranty, Corporation for International Business and Trade Innovations. Over the past few years TRG Direct® has become the fastest-growing Web-based solution for filing Customs entries in-house. TRG Direct® provides a compliance-based solution that allows importers of various sizes to save thousands of dollars annually in outsourcing fees. Even though savings has been a significant factor in the decision for many importers to direct file, the increased supply chain visibility and U.S. Customs compliance are known to be two of the greatest benefits of TRG Direct®.
Direct Filing-Automating your ISF And Customs Entry November 14, 2013
• About the product you’re importing than your own flesh and blood • They have access to technical specifications, the buyer, the manufacturer or vendor and possibly samples of the product No one knows more…
• …in the preparation and processing of that entry than your own flesh and blood • In case after case, importer compliance rates have been vastly improved – in many instances it’s 100% • Myth – Using a broker limits or otherwise mitigates my exposure and liability with CBP No one will take greater care…
• The best-in-class concepts and ideas we discuss today are scalable • All importers, no matter their size, are subject to the same requirements and laws – and the CBP standard known as Reasonable Care • Every importer or exporter needs at least one person who lays awake at night thinking about compliance • Easier said… Size does matter, but…
Direct Filing Program - 1987
• Reduced brokerage expenses to almost zero • Significantly improved our compliance rate with Customs • Took 3 full days out of the supply chain • Alerted us to untimely or errant suppliers and vendors • Virtually eliminated the need to audit Key Takeaways
• With support from the highest echelons of the company, it is possible to go from worst to first in trade compliance • Having adequate resources protects the company’s all important brand and image • It also fosters creativity and fuels continuous improvement • Direct-filing is attainable even for the 2nd largest importer Key Takeaways
Bozeman Montana Bozeman, MT Import Services Capital of America
It’s just a different type of traffic…
Self Filing & Automation It is just a different approach to A very old business…
Today, life’s a cloud… IT …so let’s play in it. Perhaps we are not so locked into our own IT infrastructure
What’s in your cloud? AS 400 Homegrown SAP
The Broker / Importer Relationship Where it all begins… TRG Direct Full Service Brokerage Self-Filing Application
Changes in Regulation CBP Now Homeland Security vs. Treasury MOD Act Responsibility resides with the Importer of Record
What’s my broker doing today…? • Policies • Procedures • Execution
Journey to Compliance For both the Importer of Record and the Broker
Supply Chain Tasks You may already be familiar with (or should be): • • • • Classification ISF/Entry Documentation Data Entry/File ISF Data Entry/File Entry • Port Relationships • Freight Relationships • Payment of Duties/Fees
Self Filing Choice Begins with: Risk Management Cost Control Compliance
COMPLIANCE • Greater role than ever before • Internal Compliance and Risk Management Mandates the establishment of Procedures • MOD Act
CONTROL ISF Documentation Entry Documentation Data Archive/Parts Lists No one knows your business better than your own Employees The Cloud puts this all on your Dashboard!
COST • Reduce Cost of ISF • Reduce Cost of Entry • Safeguard Potential Fines or Penalties
AUTOMATION New Technology Brings processes to procedures
AUTOMATION • Freedom to redesign your import team. • Managers of your Supply Chain From Data Entry Clerks
ISF DATA ISF Data Sheet
ENTRY DOCUMENTATION Commercial Invoice Bill of Lading Arrival Notice
SELF-FILING vs THE ADMISSIONS OF A FULL SERVICE BROKER Costs of Brokerage Services: • REGULATORY COSTS • INTERNAL COMPLIANCE • STAFFING/CLERICAL • MISTAKES ARE COMMON
TRG DIRECT & 3RDWAVE PARTNERSHIP • • • • FULL CUSTOMER SERVICE LICENSED PROFESSIONALS ONGOING TRAINING USER GROUP WEBINARS
AUTOMATION Let’s see how it works!
Q&A • We will now open the lines for any questions you may have. • Please raise your hand (if you’re on the phone and want to ask • your question aloud), or chat your question in the chat. • Questions will be answered in the order they are received.
Contact us with questions or to schedule a consultation: TRG Direct Customer Service customerservice.@trgdirect.com 406-922-6600 Ned Blinick Solutions@3rdwaveGCM.com (416) 510 8800 ext 234
National Oilwell Varco. Search; Regions; myNOV; Segments. Rig Systems. Aftermarket; Land; Offshore; ... Sep 14, 2015. Changing the Drilling Landscape Read ...
06 - 10 Nov, 2013. India vs Australia ... PEPSI IPL 2013 FINAL 26 May, 2013. PEPSI IPL 2013 QUALIFIER 2 ... 14 May, 2013. IPL MATCH 60 : ...
... Enforcement and Breach Notification Rules and do they know that they must be in compliance with the 2013 HIPAA Omnibus Final ... , customer service web ...
Only ESPN Insider gives you access to exclusive ... fantasy tools and custom game simulators. Become an Insider today! ... loyalty in KC (about 14 hours ...
... Tech Insider; Nov. 1, 2015, 3:27 PM; 367,923; 113; One of the most popular alternatives to modern medicine doesn't work. Yvette d ...
Export Compliance Programs; ... Recently Published Regulations ... BIS publishes a Final Rule:Wassenaar Arrangement 2013 Plenary Agreements ...
... Dwight rents a bus and sets up the office inside. ... the office makes a tower with their customer complaint cards, ... 14 Feb. 2013 Moving On. Andy ...
UCLA inside linebackers Isaako Savaiinaea and Kenny Young ... Posted in Football | Tagged Theo Howard, UCLA football ... December 2013 (73) November ...