Published on October 2, 2016
1. India AutoBook 2016Photo: Volkswagen PREVIEW
2. ii WELCOME! The Indian Automotive Industry has emerged as one of the world’s fastest growing passenger car markets, especially since India’s liberalization strategy began in 1991. In 2010, India came second after China as the fastest growing car market. The country is currently the sixth largest manufacturer of vehicles, producing over 24 million vehicles in 2015 (including motorcycles). It is becoming an export hub for sports utility vehicle (SUVs) to Europe, South Africa and Southeast Asia as the major international automobile manufacturers are seeking to maximize the cost-competitiveness of India’s manufacturing practices. Additionally, India also has the largest base to export compact cars to Europe. India is estimated to become the world’s third largest automotive market by 2017 and will account for more than 5% of the global vehicle sales. Business Development, Outsourcing, and Localization The information was compiled from personal research, the internet and support of friends at automotive companies, automotive organizations, industrial estates and business associates and is intended to support: 1) Business Development - managers who seek to identify potential customers and sales opportunities in China’s automotive industry. 2) Outsourcing – local and international commodity managers, buyers who are looking to source automotive components from China. 3) Localization – international managers desiring to expand their market and set up a footprint in China – either for distribution or local production. Focus on contacts To make your work easier, the China AutoBook features QuickLinks to access web sites, Google Maps locations and social media sites of the featured companies and their representatives. Simply click on the following icons to connect: I am sure this book will give you lots of information and inspire you to do business in the USA. Radolfzell, August 2016 Ulrich Kaiser
3. Chapter 1 Introduction Photo: Maruti
4. Overview of India’s Automotive Industry The Indian Automotive Industry has emerged as one of the world’s fastest growing passenger car markets, especially since India’s liberalization strategy began in 1991. In 2010, India came second after China as the fastest growing car market. The country is currently the six largest manufacturer of vehicles, producing over 24 million vehicles in 2015. It is becoming an export hub for sports utility vehicle (SUVs) to Europe, South Africa and Southeast Asia as the major international automobile manufacturers are seeking to maximize the cost-competitiveness of India’s manufacturing practices. Additionally, India also has the largest base to export compact cars to Europe. India is estimated to become the world’s third largest automotive market by 2017 and will account for more than 5% of the global vehicle sales. In 2014, the industry contributed to 2 million direct employment and 27 million indirect employment. The automotive industry made up to 47.3% of Indian manufacturing GDP, 7.1% of the country’s GDP. The automotive industry of India impacts several related manufacturing industries (e.g. Iron & Steel, Aluminium, Lead, Rubber, Plastics, Glass, Machine tools, Moulds & dies, Chemicals, and Capital Goods) and several in the Services sector (e.g. Logistics, Banking, Insurance, Sales & distribution, Service & repair, and Fuels). Section 1 AT A GLANCE 1. India is the six largest manufacturer of vehicles, producing over 24 million vehicles in 2015. 2. India’s automotive components industry has scaled three times in the last decade to US$ 40 billion in 2015. 3. The Government of India provides several favorable policy and ﬁnancial incentives to investors through the Make in India Program. 4. Make in India is a major national initiative designed to facilitate investment, value addition and local employment; foster innovation; enhance skill development; protect intellectual property, and build best-in-class manufacturing infrastructure for all industries in India. Overview Page 5
5. The Indian automotive market is one of the most competitive markets due to low costs. This factor makes India an attractive assembly base for foreign automotive manufacturers. The quality and productivity of multinational automaker plants such as those of Hyundai, Toyota and Suzuki in India rank among the top of the world. The main automobile hubs in India are based at Chennai, Gurgaon, Manesar, Pune, Ahmedabad, Halol, Aurangabad, Kolkata, Noida and Bangalore. Chennai is the biggest hub accounting for 60% of Indian auto exports. The auto components industry, although largely concentrated near automobile hubs, is also fairly widespread in other parts of the country. Cars is the major segment in the Indian automotive industry with a growth rate of more than 19% annually. The Indian car industry is witnessing a shift in demand going from two wheelers to cars. This is because of growing availability of low cost cars and the car being a symbol for prestige. Indian Automotive Industry: from Protectionism to Liberalization The history of the Indian Automobile Industry could be traced back to 1898 when the ﬁrst motorcar was brought into India and Import duty on vehicles was introduced, though railways came to India earlier in 1850’s. In 1919, at the end of WW I, a large number of military vehicles came onstream. In 1928, the wholly owned Indian subsidiary of American General Motors began assembling CKD trucks and cars in Bombay. In 1930, Canadian Ford Motors began a similar operation in Madras, Bombay and Calcutta. In 1942, Hindustan Motors Ltd. was incorporated and it produced the ﬁrst vehicle in 1950. In 1944 Premier Automobiles Ltd. was established and in 1947 the company produced its ﬁrst vehicle in India. Page 6 Table 4: Top 10 selling passenger cars in ﬁscal 2016Table 4: Top 10 selling passenger cars in ﬁscal 2016Table 4: Top 10 selling passenger cars in ﬁscal 2016Table 4: Top 10 selling passenger cars in ﬁscal 2016Table 4: Top 10 selling passenger cars in ﬁscal 2016Table 4: Top 10 selling passenger cars in ﬁscal 2016 Fiscal 2015 Model Rank Model Fiscal 2016 % Change 264,492 Alto 1 Alto 263,422 -0.4% 201,338 Swift 2 DZire 199,100 4% 192,010 DZire 3 Swift 195,043 -3% 161,250 WagonR 4 WagonR 169,555 5% 99,088 Grand i10 5 Grand i10 126,181 27% 78,334 Eon 6 Elite i20 126,028 62% 77,747 Elite i20 7 Celerio 87,428 28% 77,384 City 8 City 77,548 0.2% 68,143 Celerio 9 Eon 68,199 -13% 66,703 Amaze 10 Amaze 54,594 -18%
6. Table 6: SWOT Analysis of the Indian Automotive Industry Strengths Investments by foreign car manufacturers Increase in the export levels Low cost labor Large pool of engineers Skills for producing small cars Increasing demand for European quality Growing working class and middle class income Number of new models launched Easy ﬁnance schemes for the segment from Indian banks Emergence of large automotive clusters in the country: Delhi- Gurgaon-Faridabad in the north, Mumbai-Pune-Nashik- Aurangabad in the west, Chennai- Bengaluru-Hosur in the south and Jamshedpur-Kolkata in the east R&D hub: strong support from the government in the setting up of NATRiP centers. Private players such as Hyundai, Suzuki, GM keen to set up an R&D base in India Weaknesses Low labor productivity Low quality compared to other automotive countries Production costs higher than China Low investment in R&D High interest rate and overhead level High vehicle ﬁnance rates Opportunities Growing population in the country Improving living standards Increasing rural demand Growing demand for better car technology Government’s initiative in improving road infrastructure Rise in income level Viewing cars as status and prestige More women drivers Buyer sentiment signiﬁcantly improved Half the country’s population in the working-age group Potential to grow to six Million-plus units annually by 2020 Huge demands for low-cost electric vehicles suited for short- distance urban commutes and reliable through India's summers and monsoon Threats Increase in the import tariﬀ and technology cost Smaller players that do not fulﬁll international standards Congestion in urban areas Economic growth improving but inﬂation still not under control FOREX rate ﬂuctuation Page 7
7. Chapter 2 Statistics
8. Chapter 3 OEMs
9. Maruti Suzuki India Limited, formerly known as Maruti Udyog Limited, is an automobile manufacturer in India. It is India's largest passenger car company, accounting for over 50 percent of the domestic car market. In February 2012, the company sold its ten millionth vehicle in India. It is a subsidiary of Japanese automobile and motorcycle manufacturer Suzuki Motor Corporation. The company oﬀers full range of cars from entry level Maruti 800 & Alto to stylish hatchback Ritz, A-star, Swift, Wagon R, Estillo and sedans DZire, SX4 and Sports Utility vehicle Grand Vitara. Section 1 AT A GLANCE 1. Subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation 2. Capacity: 1.5 million cars annually 3. Over ten millions of vehicles sold in India Maruti Suzuki Page 12 Maruti Suzuki India Head Oﬃce 1, Nelson Mandela Marg Vasant Kunj II, Vasant Kunj New Delhi, Delhi - 110070 Tel: +91(11) 4678 1000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tapan Sahoo Senior Vice President
10. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd was incorporated on February 24, 1981 with the name Maruti Udyog Ltd. The company was formed as a government company, with Suzuki as a minor partner, to make a people's car for middle class India. In October 2, 1982, the company signed the license and joint venture agreement with Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan. 74% of the company then was owned by the Indian government, and 26% by Suzuki of Japan. Over the years, the company's product range has widened, ownership has changed hands and the customer has evolved. In the year 1987, the company tapped into the foreign market by exporting ﬁrst lot of 500 cars to Hungary. In the year 1992, Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan increased their stake in the company to 50%. In 2002, their stake was increased to 54.2%. During the year 2007-08, the company signed an agreement with the Adani group for exporting 200,000 units annually through the Mundra port in Gujarat. As of May 2007, the government of India sold its complete share to Indian ﬁnancial institutions and no longer has any stake in Maruti Udyog. The company changed their name from Maruti Udyog Ltd to Maruti Suzuki India Ltd with eﬀect from September 17, 2007. During the year 2007, the company entered into a joint venture agreement with Magneti Marelli Powertrain SpA and formed Magneti Marelli Powertrain India Pvt Ltd for manufacturing Electric Control Units. They also entered into another joint venture agreement with Futaba Industrial Co Ltd and formed FMI Automotive Components Ltd for manufacturing Exhaust Systems Components. In March 2009, the company launched A-star or Suzuki Alto at Geneva Motor Show. Sales began in the EU. As of January 2016, Maruti Suzuki had a market share of 47% of the Indian passenger car market. Maruti Suzuki is the ﬁrst company in India to introduce factory ﬁtted CNG vehicles (Eeco, Alto, Estilo, WagonR, SX4 and Ertiga). Today, Maruti Suzuki alone makes 1.5 million Maruti Suzuki family cars every year, one car every 12 seconds. Its only competitors were the Hindustan Ambassador and Premier Padmini. The company is engaged in the business of manufacturing, purchase and sale of motor vehicles and spare parts (automobiles). The other activities of the company include facilitation of pre-owned car sales, ﬂeet management and car ﬁnancing. 13
11. Over 13,200 professionals are employed to turn out 15 car models with over 150 variants. The drive is backed up by a nationwide service network spanning over 1,500 cities and towns, with more than 3,000 outlets. The company's network is now servicing about 1.2 million vehicles every month. Its sales network spreads across 1,471 cities and will double by 2020. It also provides a network of training infrastructure that imparts driving skills. Maruti Suzuki currently has four plants in India, three located in Gurgaon, Haryana and one located at Manesar Industrial Town, Gurgaon, Haryana. An upcoming Gujarat plant will go on stream in early 2017 and has acquired 600 acres of land. Manufacturing facilities The company’s manufacturing facilities at both location have a combined production capacity of 1,450,000 vehicles annually. Gurgaon, Haryana The Gurgaon manufacturing facility has three fully integrated manufacturing plants and is spread over 300 acres (1.2 sqkm.) The Gurgaon Facilities manufactures the 800, Alto, WagonR, Estilo, Omni, Gypsy, Ertiga, Ritz and Eeco. The Gurgaon facilities also manufacture 240,000 K-Series engines annually. Maruti Suzuki India, Gurgaon Facility Old Palam Gurgaon Road, Palam Vihar Extension, Gurgaon Haryana - 122016 Tel: +91 (124) 234 6721 Rajiv Agarwal Senior Manager, Gurgaon 14
12. Manesar, Haryana The Manesar manufacturing plant was inaugurated in February 2007 and is spread over 600 acres (2.4 sqkm). Initially it had a production capacity of 100,000 vehicles annually but this was increased, taking the total production capacity to 800,000 vehicles annually. The Manesar Plant produces the A-star, Swift, Swift DZire, SX4, Vitara Brezza, Ritz , Baleno and Celerio. Maruti Suzuki India, Manesar Facility IMT Manesar, Gurgaon Haryana - 122051 Tel: +91 (11) 678 1000 Robin Gupta Manager Maruti Powertrain India Ltd Power Supply Colony, IMT Manesar, Gurgaon Haryana- 122051 Tel: +91 (973) 850 5970 Purushottam Panda Vice President, Maruti Powertrain India Maruti Powertrain Plant Sector 8, IMT Manesar Gurgaon, Haryana - 122051 Tel: +91 (999) 025 0791 15
13. Section 2 Indian OEM Vehicle Manufacturers 16 The full version of the India AutoBook includes proﬁles of the following companies. You can order your subscription to India AutoBook here.
14. Chapter 4 Indian Tier 1 Photo: Spark Minda
15. The AMTEK Group, headquartered in India, is one of the largest integrated component manufacturers in India with a strong global presence. It has also become one of the world’s largest global forging and integrated machining companies. The Group has operations across Forging, Iron and Aluminium Casting, Machining and Sub-Assemblies. It has 65 facilities across India, Japan, Thailand, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Romania, UK, Brazil, Mexico and US. The AMTEK Group is comprised of corporate entities AMTEK Auto, JMT Auto, AMTEK Global Technologies and other subsidiaries and associates. With the infrastructure and technology platform developed over 25 years, the Group is well positioned in the Indian Auto and Non-Auto component markets. AMTEK India recently has reported a sales turnover of approximately US$ 80 million and a net proﬁt of US$ 9 million. The Company's product portfolio consists of a range of components for 2/3 wheelers, cars, tractors, light commercial vehicles (LCV), heavy commercial vehicles (HCV) and stationary engines. Section 1 AT A GLANCE 1. 65 manufacturing facilities globally 2. Forging, Iron and Aluminium Casting, and Machining AMTEK Page 18 The AMTEK Group Corporate Oﬃce - New Delhi 3 LSC Pamposh Enclave Greater Kailash - 1 New Delhi - 110048 Tel: +91 (11) 4234 4444 Email : email@example.com Arvind Dham Chairman Ashish Pandit Vice President Surendra Verma CEO & Managing Director Prasad RKSV Kanuri Chief Executive Oﬃcer
16. Speciﬁcally in the Automotive Industry, AMTEK operates it business in ﬁve divisions including: Forging Division Cold Forging Division Iron Casting Division Aluminium Casting Division Automotive Machining Division For its auto division, AMTEK has entered into several joint ventures. These include: Machining - Magna Powertrain, Canada Forging - Sumimoto Metals, Japan Iron Casting - Riken Corporation, Japan Iron Casting - Dongling Group, China AMTEK also operates in other non- automotive sectors such as the railways, tractors, earthmoving and construction, aerospace and oil and gas. The four well-known companies within the Group are Amtek Auto Limited; Castex Technologies Limited; Metalyst Forgings Limited; and JMT Auto Limited. AMTEK has several factories, spread across India. Below is the list of locations for these facilities. Unit I Plot No. 16, Industrial Estate Rozka-Meo (Sohna) Dist. Mewat - Haryana Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Unit II Begumpur Khataula, P O Khandsa Gurgaon District - 122103, Haryana Email: email@example.com Unit III Village Mohammadpur Jharsam, Gurgaon District, Haryana Unit-XI A-459, Industrial Area, Chopanki Alwar District - Rajasthan Unit - V Plot No. 1, Sector- II New Industrial Area, Dist- Raisen, Mandideep - 462046 Madhya Pradesh Unit - VI and XVII Plot No. 1, Industrial Area Dharuhera, Rewari District - Haryana Unit VII Plot No. 53, Sector III Industrial Area, IMT Manesar Gurgaon - Haryana Unit VIII Gat No. 1074-1085 Sanaswadi Shikrapur Chakan Road, Taluka Shirpur Pune - Maharashtra Unit IX and X Dadi Bhola Opposite Peer Sthan, Nalagarh Solan District - Himachal Pradesh Unit-XI B-6, MIDC Area, Ranjangaon Pune - Maharashtra Unit-XII Survey No. 1, C-2, VR-5 Tata Nano Vendor Park Sanand - Gujarat Unit-XIII Plot No. 73, Tata Vendor Park Udham Singh Nagar Di Uttarakhand Unit XIV 1195, Rico Industiral Area Phase-IV, Bhiwadi - Rajasthan 19
17. Unit XIV Shed No. 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 Village-Malpura, Dharuhera Rewari District - Haryana Unit XV RNS 21, SPICOT Industrial Growth Centre, Sriperumbudur Taluk, Orgadam Kancheepuram - Tamil Nadu Unit XVI Gate No. 251, Telegaon Chaken Road, Kharabwadi, Khed Pune - Maharashtra Unit XVII Narsingpur Road Begampur Khautola Gurgaon - 122001 Haryana Unit XVIII Gat No. 1081/1 & 1079 Shikrapur Chakan Road, Talegaon Dhamdhere, Sanaswadi - 412208 Maharashtra Unit XIX Plot No. 191, Sector-4, Bawal Rewari District - 123501 Haryana AMTEK Customers 20 Amtek Global Presence
18. Section 2 Indian Automotive Cluster 21 The full version of the India AutoBook includes proﬁles of the following companies. You can order your subscription to India AutoBook here.
19. Chapter 5 Asian Tier 1 Photo: Automativemanufacturingsolutions
20. Advics Group is a brake system supplier who provides advanced and high quality brake systems with components supply to the global market. The company is part of the AISIN Group. The company develops, produces and manufactures brake systems in India at three locations. Their products include: Electronic Stability Control Anti-lock Brake System Brake Booster Master Cylinder Hydraulic Booster Load Sensing Proportioning Valve Disc Brake and Drum Brake Electric Parking Brake Foot Release Parking Brake Pedal Premium Brake Pads Section 1 AT A GLANCE 1. Japanese Owned Tier 1 2. Manufacturer of braking systems 3. Belongs to the Aisin Group of companies Advics Page 23 ADVICS North India Private Limited Plot No. 7, 8 & 9, Sector 308, IMT Rohtak, Haryana 124027 Tel: +91 (12) 6230 6245 Ashish Mogha Senior Executive Manoj Shekhar Singh Assistant Manager
21. Section 2 Japanese Automotive Suppliers in India 24 The full version of the India AutoBook includes proﬁles of the following companies. You can order your subscription to India AutoBook here.
22. Chapter 6 North American Tier 1 This chapter will provide information about United States Tier 1 companies in India. Photo: Minda Stoneridge
23. AAM is a leading, global Tier-One automotive supplier of driveline and drivetrain systems and related components for light trucks, SUVs, passenger cars, crossover vehicles and commercial vehicles. Globally, the company employs over 13,500 people, in more than 30 locations in over 13 countries. The company supplies a wide range of customers including GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Volkswagen, Audi, Scania, Tata Motors, Audi, Harley-Davidson, Mack Truck, John Deere, Mahindra Navistar and Nissan. The company product range and products include: Vehicle Architectures; Light Truck/SUV, Passenger Car/CUV, Passenger Car and Commerical Vehicles Driveline Systems; Rear Beam Axles, Rear Axle Systems, Front Axles, Driveshafts, Multi-Piece Driveshafts, TracRite Axle Diﬀerentials, Torque Transfer Device, Electronic Control Coupling, CZV Joints. Drivetrain systems; Transfer Cases, Power Transfer Units, TracRite Transaxle & Transfer Case Diﬀerentials. Powertrain Components; Transmission/Transfer Case Components, Intake Manifolds, Oil Pans, Bell Housings. Chassis System Components; I-Ride Supension Module and SmartBar Electronic Stabilizer System. Metal Formed Products; Power Transfer Unit/ Transfer Case Components Wheel Hubs & Spindles Section 1 AT A GLANCE 1. US-owned Automotive parts maker 2. Founded in 1994 3. Manufactures a wide range of automotive products American Axle and Manufacturing Page 26 AAM India Manufacturing Corporation Pvt Ltd, Pune Business Oﬃce 401-402 D Wing Weikﬁeld Info Park, Pune Nagar Road Pune- 411014 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Chaitanya Apte Director (Procurement and SCM)
25. Below is a list of AAM manufacturing and oﬃces locations in India. Chennai Manufacturing Facility AAM India Manufacturing Corporation Pvt.Ltd. Plot No. P62, Eight Avenue First Cross Road, Mahindra World City Chengalpattu, Kancheepuram District 603 002 The Chennai Manufacturing Facility is located in Chennai, India. Chennai is located on the coast of South India and ideally situated in one of the fastest growing automotive production hubs of Asia. The products produced in this facility are for Heavy Commercial Vehicles. Pantnagar Manufacturing Facility AAM India Manufacturing Corporation Private Limited Plot NO. 36A, Sector 11 Integrated Industrial Estate (IIE), SIDCUL Pantnagar - 263 153 Dist. Udham Singh Nagar- Uttarakhand The Pantnagar Manufacturing Facility manufactures axle assemblies for light trucks, passenger cars and SUVs for the Indian market. The facility is located in Pantnagar, Uttarakhand in north India. Pune Manufacturing Facility AAM India Manufacturing Corporation Private Limited Gat No. 787 and 788 Village Hanga, Taluka Parner District Ahmednagar Maharashtra The Pune Manufacturing Facility is located in Supa, 90 kilometers east of Pune, India. This state-of-the-art facility manufactures axle assemblies for heavy commercial vehicles. Situated in India's premier automotive hub, this facility manufactures world-class products to customers in India and abroad. Pune Business Oﬃce & Engineering Center AAM India Manufacturing Corporation Private Limited 401-402 D Wing Weikﬁeld Info Park Pune Nagar Road Pune- 411014 AAM's Pune Business Oﬃce & Engineering Center provides product design & development, IT and procurement services. This oﬃce allows AAM to utilize its engineering and IT capabilities 24 hours a day and further expands AAM's global presence in the Asian Region. Pune Engineering& Development Center AAM India Manufacturing Corporation Private Limited Gat No 1342 ,Gram Panchayat Road Ubalenager , Wagholi Taluka- Haveli District Pune-421207 Tel: +91 (91) 5824 6222 Pune Engineering and Development Center is dedicated to new product development, ﬁeld service support and small parts fabrication. Featuring product and technology demonstrations to customers and upgrades including engineering labs, materials labs and a fatigue test facility, this center is designed speciﬁcally to serve AAM's customer base in India. 28
26. Section 2 American Automotive Suppliers in India 29 The full version of the India AutoBook includes proﬁles of the following companies. You can order your subscription to India AutoBook here.
27. Chapter 7 German Tier 1 Photo: Knorr-Bremse
28. ACTech designs and produces casting prototypes and small batches for customers from various industries: for the automotive industry and its suppliers, for the aerospace industry, for machine and plant manufacturers. They provide all design and production processes for the production of a complete casting prototype. From the 3D data set, they produce complete castings which are ready to be installed and tested. The prototyping processes, combined with CNC pattern making and CNC machining, provide for fast production of prototypes that, from the very ﬁrst casting, are comparable to series production. Their expertise beneﬁts their customers by reducing development time and lowering costs compared to using conventional methods. The result is a smooth production launch for their customers. Today, more than 1,000 companies worldwide utilize their services. ACTech’s products include Cylinder Head Crank Shaft, Crank Case Intake Manifold, Exhaust Manifold Turbine Wheel, Oil Pump Wheel Hub, Valve Fine blanking, Machining Aluminum machining, Casting Iron casting, and Aluminum Casting. ACTech GMBH India Pvt Ltd is a trader and supplier of prototype castings, cylinder heads, crank cases, manifolds, turbo charger housings, gear box casings and cnc machine components. Section 1 AT A GLANCE 1. Global headquarters in Germany 2. 389 employees ACTech Page 31 ACTech GmbH Liaison Oﬃce No 15/2, Sangama Diagonal Road, Vasantnager Bangalore - 560 052 Tel: +91 (80) 4113 1342 Email: email@example.com Thomas Beier Sales Manager Asia Tel: +49 (37) 3116 9138 Mob: +49 (16) 2295 4605 Thomas Karunakaran Manager, ACTech GmbH Liaison Oﬃce India Tel: +91 (80) 4113 1346 Mobile +91 (90) 0848 9177
29. Facts and Figures Page 32
30. Section 2 German Automotive Suppliers in India 33 The full version of the India AutoBook includes proﬁles of the following companies. You can order your subscription to India AutoBook here.
31. Chapter 8 European Tier 1 Photo: Valeo
32. Autoneum is a Swiss industrial group that is headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland. The company is an automotive supplier that was founded in 2011 from a Rieter Holding AG spin-oﬀ. The company employs over 9,600 people and is present in 45 locations spanning 20 countries. The company is a global leading supplier of acoustic and thermal management systems for vehicles. The company also helps manufacture multifunctional and lightweight components and systems for noise and heat protection. Their product range includes: Engine Bay (engine covers, hood liners, outer dashes, water box shields) Interior Floor (Inner dashes, non-woven carpets, tufted carpets, ﬂoor insulators, ﬂoor mats) Underbody (underﬂoor shields, Floor pans, heat shields, outer tunnel insulators, wheelhouse outer liners) Body Treatment (Dampers/stiﬀeners, sealant materials, other acoustics components) Measurement Systems Autoneum has a large global presence, two of which are located in India. Section 1 AT A GLANCE 1. Swiss owned Tier 1 2. 2013 Sales CHF 2.053 Billion Autoneum Page 35 Autoneum India Pvt. Ltd. SP-1, RIICO Industrial Area Phase 2, 301701 - Behror Tel: +91 (14) 9429 7603 Autoneum Nittoku Sound-Proof Products India Pvt. Ltd. RNS - 15, SIPCOT Industrial Growth Centre, Vadakapattu Post Oragadam, 603204 - Chennai Tel: +91 (44) 6712 0000 Shankar Pahari General Manager Chellapillai Vijayakumar Deputy Manager-Purchase Sunil Kumar Head Sales & marketing
33. Section 2 Page 36 The full version of the India AutoBook includes proﬁles of the following companies. You can order your subscription to India AutoBook here.
34. Chapter 9 Organizations Photo: ACMA
35. The Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) is the leading association in India representing automotive companies. This society helps to create communication channels for the Automobile Industry with the Government as well as National and International organizations. The society collaborates with stake holders and takes part in forming rules, regulations and policies related to the Automobile Industry. SIAM organizes the biennial Auto Expo Series, The Motor Show of trade fairs in co- operation with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Automotive Component Manufacturers Association of India (ACMA). The societies members include: BMW Fiat Ford Honda Hyundai Isuzu Mahindra Maruti Suzuki Mercedes-Benz Nissan Renault Scania Skoda Tata Motors Toyota Volkswagen Volvo Section 1 AT A GLANCE 1. Automotive Manufacturers Society 2. Based in New Delhi SIAM Page 38 Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) Core 4-B, 5th Floor, India Habitat Centre Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003 Tel: +91 (11) 2464 7810 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mr Vinod K. Dasari President SIAM Atanu Ganguli Senior Director Jasleen Kaur Executive Oﬃcer
36. Chapter 10 World Class Manufacturing Equipment Manufacturers that provide world class manufacturing equipment supporting the Automotive Industry in India. Sponsored Feature
37. Chapter 11 Events An overview of important Automotive exhibitions and events for consumers and professionals 2016 in India. Photo: Audi
38. Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers Core4-B, 5th Floor India Habitat Center, Lodi Road New Delhi-110 003 Tel: +91 (11) 4710 3010/ 2464 7810-12 Email: email@example.com Event Location India Expo Mart, Greater Noida, Delhi, NCR Roy Jacob Director, Confederation of Indian Industry Tel: +91 (12) 4401 4060-67 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com The Auto Expo is a biennial automotive show held in New Delhi, India. It is Asia's largest and the world's second-largest motor show. Until 2012, the expo was organized at Pragati Maidan, but since 2014 it is organized at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida. It is organized jointly by the Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM). The latest edition, Auto Expo 2016 was held between 5 - 9 February 2016. The Auto Expo was conceived in the year 1985 and had its debut showcasing in 1986. The Auto Expo 1986 was a window for technology transfers showing how the Indian Automotive Industry was absorbing new technologies and promoting indigenous research and development for adapting these technologies for the rugged Indian conditions. The 9 day show was marked by then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. The Auto Expo is accredited by the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles. The 12th Edition of the Auto Expo was divided into two events: 12th Auto Expo 2014 (Components) which was held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from 6 to 9 February 2014. 12th Auto Expo 2014 (The Motor Show) which was held at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida, Delhi-NCR from 7 to 11 February 2014, with press preview days on 5 and 6 February. Section 1 AT A GLANCE 1. Date: 5-9 February 2016 2. Venue: India Expo Mart Auto Expo Page 42
39. Section 2 Automotive Events in India 43 The full version of the India AutoBook includes proﬁles of the following events. You can order your subscription to India AutoBook here.
40. Chapter 12 Media An overview of important print and online media for the Automotive Industry in India. Photo: ANAND
41. Automotive India news is a premium auto sector B2B online daily news portal, delivering news to global readers on the Indian automotive industry. Their news coverage span across auto sectors including auto components, vehicle manufacturing, technology, aftermarket, shop ﬂoor practice, raw material & supply chain management, sales & marketing, service station equipments and other latest trends in the auto segment. Apart from India speciﬁc news, they also provide analytical news items on auto components and emerging vehicle technologies, primarily on the connected car industry across the world. Their in-depth news analysis can be useful for decision makers, vehicle manufacturers and component producers and auto R&D houses across the world. Also, they regularly publish special articles on the pros and cons of government policies pertaining to the Indian automobile industry. In addition, the readers can ﬁnd exclusive reports on auto sales and marketing trends in India. We are the only online publication in India widely covering the Indian auto dealership industry too. Section 1 AT A GLANCE 1. A news outlet that covers all aspects of the Auto industry. Automotive India News Page 45 Automotive India News JMC Publications F-51, Fifth FLR, Manish Complex, 10, Convent Road, Richmond Town Bangalore – 560 025 Tel: +91 80 2210 7045 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
42. Section 2 Automotive Media in India 46 The full version of the India AutoBook includes proﬁles of the following events. You can order your subscription to India AutoBook here.
43. Chapter 13 Supporting Industry This chapter presents an overview of supporting industry and service providers to the Automotive Industry in India. Please submit your information here to be included in the next edition.
44. Section 1 Logistics 48 Service Provider Contact Information Ceva Logistics India Head Ofﬁce Pune India Ofﬁce Nos: 8 & 9, Hermes Kunj Mangaldas Road, Pune, 411001 Tel: +91 22 3090 7777 Email: email@example.com DACHSER India Private Limited Head Ofﬁce Mumbai India AFL house, Lok Bharti Complex, Marol Maroshi Road, Andheri East, Mumbai 400 059 Tel: +91 22 4232 8200 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Schenker India Pvt. Ltd. Head Ofﬁce Gurgaon India DLF Building No. 8-C, 12th Floor DLF Cyber City, Phase II Gurgaon Tel: +91 12 4464 5000 Email: email@example.com C.H. Robinson Global Forwarding Bangaluru India 95/3 Gowrasri ARCADE Marthahalli, K.R. Puram Ring Road, Donnanekkundi 560037 Tel: +91 80 4516 1604 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Yusen Logistics (India) Private Limited Head Ofﬁce Mumbai India 12F, 'Windfall', Sahar Plaza Complex, Sir M. V Road, Andheri-Kurla Road, Mumbai, 4 00059 Tel: +91 22 4053 6101 Email: email@example.com
45. Acknowledgements Photo: Land Rover
46. about this book l © 2016 Kaiser International Limited Publisher: Uli Kaiser firstname.lastname@example.org Editorial Contact: Tilmann Kaiser email@example.com Business Development: Phil Hertzog firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you to everyone supporting this publication with resources, information, data, feedback. Copyright of all company logos are with the respective companies Copyright of all car photographs are with the respective companies Copyright of all product photographs are with the respective companies Copyright of all web site photographs are with the respective companies Kaiser International Limited Markthallenstr. 2, 78315 Radolfzell, Germany Phone: +49 7732 9456 842 Mobile: +49 151 11830 904