Published on March 10, 2014
INCREASING GROUP PRE-BOOKED VISITS
AGENDA • WHY DO WE NEED PRE-BOOKED VISITS? • SOUTH PARKS BRANDS • CONSUMER GROUPS, YOUTH GROUPS & COACH OPERATORS – Background – Short Term Plan – Long Term Plan • SUMMARY
WHY DO WE NEED PRE-BOOKED VISITS? • Forecasting/weatherproofing • Acts as a guaranteed source of income • Allows more effective up selling of products • Reduces queues at attraction entrances – Frees up staff time concentrate on other tasks instead of selling tickets • Guarantees entry during busy periods
SOUTH PARKS • The Nation’s Thrill Capital! • Two main target markets: – Teenagers & Young Adults – Families with both Younger & Older Children • The UK’s only LEGO ® themed Resort Theme Park • Predominantly targets families with children aged 3-12 years old • Britain’s ‘Wildest’ Adventure! • Predominantly targets families with young children
CONSUMER GROUPS • CHARACTERISTICS: – Short lead time. – Reactive to short term tactical offers – Predominantly use online channels to make advanced bookings. • TARGETING/MARKETING TOOLS: – General consumers responsive to conventional forms of advertising (TV, Radio, Press) although this would not target groups. – Also react well to emails, social media, websites & paid search. • KEY DATES: – Holiday periods – Special Events – New attraction/ride launches
CONSUMER GROUPS • SHORT TERM PLAN – Implement tactical sales around key dates. – Entice bookings by offering limited time incentives. – Focus on non-bookers reactivation.
CONSUMER GROUPS • LONG TERM PLAN – Encourage different group types to book by offering targeted tickets. – Guarantees on tickets for advance bookers. – Plan specialist group events, similar to the Great Merlin Get Together to attract groups at off peak times. – Follow up visit feedback
• CHARACTERISTICS: – Longer lead times – React better to early booking offers and events (Great Merlin Get Together/Sleepovers). – Bookings mainly via the phone – however this is likely due to a lack on online booking functions. – Heavily affected by pricing – particularly Youth Groups. – Conscious of Health and Safety • TARGETING/MARKETING TOOLS: – Trade materials, such as magazines, direct mailings and trade shows. – Email and website marketing if booking period is long enough. • KEY DATES: – Generally outside of School Holidays for Youth Groups. – Weekends are primary time to visit. – Specially organised events. YOUTH GROUPS
• SHORT TERM PLAN: – Offer help to organise events. – Make it easier to book. – Offer added value incentives. YOUTH GROUPS
• LONG TERM PLAN: – Push early booking offers – Increase number of specialist events YOUTH GROUPS
• CHARACTERISTICS: – Lead times dependant on the type of group booking. – React well to incentives – Heavily reliant on Schools – Highly affected by adding hotels to resorts • TARGETING/MARKETING TOOLS: – Trade materials such as magazines & trade shows – May occasionally visit attraction websites to look for information • KEY DATES: – Schools week and lead up to Summer holidays generally busiest period. COACH OPERATORS
• SHORT TERM PLAN: – Incentivise coach companies – Particularly for bigger companies, motivate staff trying to sell days out (similar to Merlin Contact Centre) – Develop familiarisation trips COACH OPERATORS
• LONG TERM PLAN: – Develop marketing toolkit – Longer term incentives – Implement GMGT type events targeted at schools – Develop ‘Print Yourself’ tickets for companies. – Reactivation campaign COACH OPERATORS
SUMMARY • All groups react well to incentives. • Special events have increased sales in the past. • Follow up visit feedback has potential to drive bounce back sales. • Reactivation campaigns could work across all groups. • Targeting tickets. • Focus on other major organised groups (such as student societies).
One of our Titanic Belfast Group Hosts will then board the ... needs on your group booking form. Titanic Belfast is a ... increase MUST be ...
Search attractions & activities; Adventure; Arts; Culture & history; Events; Food & wine; ... © 2016 South African Tourism | Disclaimer ...
... Future Trends in Tourism and Hospitality. ... population and groups of guests. Hospitality and tourism present ... small increase in tourist ...
No booking fees • Save money! ... Booking.com is part of The Priceline Group, the world leader in online travel & related services. « » ...
Industry groups & bodies ... For every 1% increase in total expenditure in UK tourism, ... Attractions. Each year, ...
Tourism and the environment. ... built mainly as a world tourist attraction also provided an opportunity for the city ... conservation groups or tourism ...
A destination marketing organization ... trade shows and incentive groups to Puerto Rico. ... Tourist attraction; Tourist gateway; Tourist trap;
Tourism/Introduction. From Wikiversity ... natural attraction - a tourist attraction that has not been ... tourism industry - a group of businesses that ...
... activity facilities and other hospitality services provided for individuals or groups ... of tourism. Attractions: ... increase so does the ...
London group hotel bookings on LondonTown.com, ... In the midst of the peak tourist season, ... Best attractions ...