Published on March 19, 2014
Tarah Theoret – Reader Concierge
2 NetGalley by the Numbers • 175,000+ members (6,000 in Canada) • 300 publishers (17 in Canada) Popular and frequent destination site" • Averaging 3.6 million page views/ month • Over 80% return visitors – 60% of returning visitors came 9+ times • 15-20% monthly traffic from direct NetGalley marketing – Direct email marketing – Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter
• Manual approval (by publisher) • Widget (2x more likely to download) • Auto-approved member • Read Now • Marketing promotions New browsing categories support each strategy. Use Multiple Strategies Approved Declined ReadNow Auto-Approved Widget
Members browse and complete a Profile to request." " " " " " " " " Members Find and Request Titles
Sort pending requests by member type and preferred region. Requests: New Filters and Stats Plus, easily view your personal request history with the member.
• Quickest & easiest access to a title – Streamlined sign-up if new to NetGalley • Logging in via widget grants instant approval for that title! • The only way to give access for PRIVATE titles • It’s versatile (email, online, QR codes, anywhere a link can go) • You can always see who accessed via widget • Create for one person or thousands at once Widgets: Why?
They Want Your Widgets!
• Access to any titles available in the NetGalley catalog • You can always see whether they have accessed a title • Can be filtered by member type • Use in combination with detailed activity reports, and widgets " " " " Auto-Approved Members
Communicate with Important Members
• Post chapter samplers • Limited time promotions “Read Now” Titles
• Newsletters and Featured Category • By genre or member type " • Homepage and Featured Category Bundle • New in 2014! " • Feed Your Reader eblast promotions • Hit targeted segment of members " • First Taste campaigns • Be the first to interact with new members " Get a Boost with NetGalley Marketing
Initial eblast: " 33.6% Open rate Follow-up eblast: " 64.1% Open rate" 6837 Impressions" 255 Reviews Targeted Campaign, Coordinated Follow-Up
Customized target list:" members approved for previous titles" " 76% open rate" Nearly 700 clicks
Request titles from NetGalley to download the full content file CataList and NetGalley
Thank You For Listening! Reach Us Anytime firstname.lastname@example.org
"Increasing Discoverability with NetGalley" - Tarah Theoret (NetGalley) at BookNet Canada's Tech Forum (BookNet 101) - March 5, 2014.
Share Improving Discoverability. ... Increasing Discoverability with NetGalley ... IBPA 2014 PubU Micro Media for Book Discoverability
Share Campus tech forum 2014. ... Beyond Campus Technology Forum April 8, 2014 Kim Thanos Lumen Learning ... 90% Increase student success by 10% ...
Current: International Account Director at NetGalley: Past: NYC Event Director at BookMachine, Publisher Liaison and Communications Manager at NetGalley ...
... PubSmart 2014 is ... Tarah Theoret of NetGalley; ... There’s more about that program in Ether Exclusive: Charleston’s PubSmart Joins ...
TOC 2013 Schedule: Full Listing. ... Tarah Theoret (NetGalley LLC ... providing increased opportunities for discoverability and ...
QA Analyst and Assistant Product Manager at NetGalley Past Learning Design Program Assistant at John Wiley and Sons, Editorial Assistant at John Wiley &