Published on December 14, 2016
1. In Him Was Life John 1:4 By David Turner www.Bible-Studies-online.com
2. He is the Creator and Sustainer of all things Col 1:16-17 For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him. (17) He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
3. He is the Author of Life John 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (2) He was in the beginning with God. (3) All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. (4) In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. (5) The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
4. He was there at the giving of life Genesis 2:7-9 Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. (8) The LORD God planted a garden toward the east, in Eden; and there He placed the man whom He had formed. (9) Out of the ground the LORD God caused to grow every tree that is pleasing to the sight and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Genesis 2:15-17 Then the LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it. (16) The LORD God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; (17) but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die."
5. He is the giver of eternal life John 3:14-16 "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; (15) so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. (16) "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
6. He has authority to give life to whom He wishes. John 5:21-29 "For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes. (22) "For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son, (23) so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. (24) "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. (25) "Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. (26) "For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; (27) and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man. (28) "Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, (29) and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.
7. The Scriptures testify that he is the giver of life. John 5:39-40 "You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; (40) and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.
8. He is the Bread of Life John 6:33-51 "For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world." (34) Then they said to Him, "Lord, always give us this bread." (35) Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. (36) "But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe. (37) "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. (38) "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. (39) "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. (40) "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day." (41) Therefore the Jews were grumbling about Him, because He said, "I am the bread that came down out of heaven."
9. (42) They were saying, "Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does He now say, 'I have come down out of heaven'?" (43) Jesus answered and said to them, "Do not grumble among yourselves. (44) "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. (45) "It is written in the prophets, 'AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me. (46) "Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father. (47) "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life. (48) "I am the bread of life. (49) "Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. (50) "This is the bread which comes down out of heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. (51) "I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh."
10. The life he gives is secure John 10:27-28 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; (28) and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.
11. He is the resurrection and the life John 11:23-26 Jesus *said to her, "Your brother will rise again." (24) Martha *said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day." (25) Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, (26) and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"
12. Only He gives Life John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
13. Eternal life = knowing God John 17:1-3 Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, (2) even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. (3) "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
14. Believing he is the Christ, the Son of God = having life in His name John 20:30-31 Therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; (31) but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.
15. With life comes fellowship 1 John 1:1-3 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life-- (2) and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us-- (3) what we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ.
16. Life is a promise He keeps 1 John 2:25 This is the promise which He Himself made to us: eternal life.
17. You can know you have eternal life 1 John 5:11-13 And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. (12) He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. (13) These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.