Published on January 25, 2016
1. Improving Understanding Between Each Other Paul Boos IT Executive Coach
2. Why is it important to understand each other?
3. Exercise Time Game
4. Instructions • Separate into 3 or 4 teams • Elect a leader • Leader gets a goal & shares w/team (visual sharing only) • 1st team to arrange all chairs to meet their goal w/in 2 min wins! NO TALKING! Accredited to Chris Sims
6. What is going on in our heads? • Things aren’t always as simple as exposing them… • Let’s look at how our mental models can shape how we think…
7. Exercise • I’m going to present an image of people in rush hour in NYC; I’ll have an arrow pointing to one person. • I want you to write down the following: • Is this morning or afternoon rush? What gave you the clue? • What type of work do you think that person does & why you thought that? • What do you think that person is thinking? • If you were given $1000 to help that person in some way other than giving it directly to them, how would you go about doing it? Why did you select this choice?
8. Exercise (Again) • I’m going to again present the same image of people in rush hour in NYC; I’ll have an arrow pointing to a different person. • I want you to write down the following: • What type of work do you think that person does & why you thought that? • What do you think that person is thinking? • If you were given $1000 to help that person in some way other than giving it directly to them, how would you go about doing it? Why did you select this choice?
9. Next Step • For both your responses, categorize what your answers were into the following: What was factual? (What could I actually see…) What did I infer? (What did I believe may be occurring…) Why did I think that? (Any prior event that to led my thinking…)
10. Ladder of Inference Event How To Find Common Ground When Engineers Don’t Like Features – Teresa Torres, Jan 2013 Ladder of Inference credited to Chris Argyris by Peter Senge in the Fifth Disipline
11. The Event Of Conversation
12. The Event Of Conversation
13. The Event Of Conversation
14. The Event Of Conversation
15. How do we our beliefsfrom getting prevent in the way?
16. a shared vision Co-create
17. Exercise At your table, • Make a list of the types of visions that can be created • Add who typically creates these • Add the answer to this question: “In what ways can these become co-created?”
18. Debrief Take a look at how your visions become co-created… • What happens during this process of co-creation? • Where does the original idea for the vision come from..? What role does a person that originates an idea take on during co-creation? • Did anyone have teaming agreements as a form of vision?
19. The Johari Window Known to Self Unknown to Self KnowntoOthersUnknowntoOthers TELL ASK FEEDBACK DISCLOSURE SHARED DISCOVERY OPEN AREA BLIND AREA HIDDEN AREA UNKNOWN AREA
20. Ask forand provide feedback
21. assumptions Voluntarily make explicit
22. Exercise At your table, • List ways you make assumptions explicit • Think about the last few exercises to help you, specifically co-creating visions and the mental model exercise of people in the subway
23. Debrief • What happens normally when we have competing ideas? • Do assumptions usually get discussed? • What changes when we begin discussing assumptions?
24. Thanks - Keep in Touch Paul Boos IT Executive Coach 703-307-4322 email@example.com @paul_boos
Six Steps to Improved Understanding with Communication Strategies 1. Answering the question: “How do I see myself?” 2. Explaining your cochlear implant
Whether you have a learning disability in reading or just need skills reinforcement, learn how to improve reading comprehension with these tips.
The SFD Promotion Initiative is managed by GIZ under the umbrella of the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA). Since November 2014, GIZ has been ...
Understanding and Improving the Durability of Textiles, eBook (epub eBook) bei hugendubel.de als Download für Tolino, eBook-Reader, PC, Tablet und Smartphone.
Document Title: Improving the Understanding and the Reliability ... understanding of the accuracy and reliability of friction ridge examination.
Improving understanding Posted to Gurteen Knowledge-Log by David Gurteen on 25 November 2010
The Influence of the Bible in Improving the Understanding and Moral Character 1864: Amazon.de: John Matthews: Fremdsprachige Bücher
Understanding and Improving Health Understanding & Improving Health, Copyright © 2008, Bill M. Yeary, ND Page 95
Understanding and Improving Software Development Productivity: Amazon.de: Corbi Thomas: Fremdsprachige Bücher
Autor: García-Retamero, Rocío et al.; Genre: Buchkapitel; Im Druck veröffentlicht: 2013; Titel: Improving the understanding of treatment risk reduction