Published on October 22, 2014
1. What is TISP ? • Teacher In Service Program • Professional development workshop aimed at helping teachers bring exciting hands-on engineering lessons into their classrooms. • IEEE volunteers can connect with pre-university schools in their local communities to deliver the hands-on program.
2. Goals • Empower section volunteers to collaborate with their local pre-university community; • Promote applied inquiry-based learning; • Enhance the level of technical literacy of pre-university educators; • Encourage pre-university students to pursue technical careers, including engineering; • Increase the general level of technical literacy of pre-university students throughout their educational careers
3. Champions for Technological Literacy • Increasing the level of technological literacy in local school districts; • Contributing to the establishment of pre-engineering programs; • Facilitating enhancements in school science and technology curricula; • Developing collaborative relationships with educators; • Exposing more female and minority students to technology-related professions.
4. TISP Training Workshop • Learn tips and strategies on how to connect with their local educators; • Participate in hands-on activities; • Hear from key local educators; • Receive resources to help them conduct teacher in-service presentations.
5. TISP in Kerala • TISP 2011 • TISP Week 2012 (Breaking all records) • TISP Follow Up 2013 • TISP For the Visually Challenged • TISP Follow Up 2014…………………. And beyond All were proud initiatives of IEEE Kerala Young Professionals
6. Engineering ?
7. Engineering & Society Connect, collaborate, solve challenges and share knowledge among a growing community of engineers, technologists, social scientists, NGOs, local governments and community advocates, who are dedicated to improving the quality of life all over the world. • Engineering 4 Change
8. Area’s of Interest • Water • Energy • Health • Structure • Agriculture • Sanitation • Info Systems
9. Case Study ~ Energy • 1 in 4 people in the world live without electricity. • Energy poverty is the biggest limitation to improving living conditions. • Alternative energy solutions are demonstrating real promise and opportunity for further development. What do we need to do as Engineers ?
10. Solving Issues ! • We need workspace’s is where members can come together to collaborate and solve challenges. WE NEED MORE ENGINEERS ! We need more TISP Volunteers !
11. Hands On Lessons • Tall Tower Challenge • Electric Messages • Critical Load
12. Thank You @bibinparker 9745825450
View Alka Ajit’s professional profile on LinkedIn. ... Kerala IEEE Technical Symposium(KITeS) 2014. Participated in TISP Boot Camp 2014 held at Ernakulam.
Reflections Boot Camp 2014. by joanupell. on Aug 16, 2015. Report Category: Documents. Download: 0 Comment: 0. 14. views. Comments. Description.
Slide 1 Liberate Boot Camp Miami May 2014 13-24 May Slide 2 Customer Management L IBERATE 2Liberate Boot Camp| 14-23 May Slide 3 Customer Management ...
Slide 1 MODIFICATIONS FOR ALL LEARNERS REBECCA MORSEFIELD EDTPA BOOT CAMP JANUARY 13, 2014 Slide 2 Slide 3 SUPPORTING ALL LEARNERS “Every student can ...
Www.pcrcorp.org Small Businesses Boot Camp: Access to Capital October 22, 2014 Constance Anderson, Director PCR-SBDC. by lesley-francis
IEEETT WIE Affinity Group - 2014 Milestones ... 2nd Quarter 2014 IEEE WIE Academic ... IEEETT WIE AF & The UWI Computer Science Society Programming Boot Camp
Nithin Benny is on Facebook. ... Web Team Head · April 2014 to present · Kannur. ... IEEE Student Branch VJEC.
IEEE Teacher in Service Program â India T L Prasanna Venkatesan Chair , TISP India Committee Member , IEEE Educational Activities Board TISP Symposium ...