Published on October 7, 2016
1. © The artwork used in this presentation, ‘Wattle’, is courtesy of Jeremy Devitt, National Aboriginal Design Agency. Your Business and IBA THE WARLU WAY Destination Pilbara 30 September 2016
2. INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AUSTRALIA 2 ABOUT IBA Our Vision and Approach
3. INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AUSTRALIA 3 IBA can assist at each stage of the business life cycle.
4. INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AUSTRALIA 4 Business workshops Business Info Sessions For people wanting to find out about starting a business, what it takes and how IBA can help Business Start Up workshops A one-day workshop for those who would like to refine and strengthen their business proposal prior to launching or pitching to financiers or partners Business Growth workshops For existing business operators looking to successfully grow their business by avoiding the common pitfalls
5. INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AUSTRALIA 5 Business development support Indigenous Procurement workshops Assists Indigenous businesses take full advantage of the Australian government’s Indigenous Procurement Policy (IPP) Business online learning An online learning course designed to assist customers develop and plan their business at their own pace, time and from anywhere with internet access Business workshops • Provided by in-house business expertise and external technical specialists • Coaching and advice tailored to assist customers achieve their goals • Business planning support, strategic growth, people management and marketing some examples of Business development support available
6. INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AUSTRALIA 6 Business Finance Term Loan • working capital • purchase plant and equipment • and other commercial assets. Structured to suit the needs of the business. Operating Lease Asset reliability – new assets are covered by warranties. • Helps to conserve cash in the acquisition of capital equipment • Fixed payments for the term of the lease. • Fully tax deductible payments End of term options: - return the equipment; - upgrade it; or - extend the Agreement. •
7. INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AUSTRALIA 7 • Are self-starters, aware of the risks and challenges of small business, client focused and good communicators. • Have a passion to succeed, a willingness to learn, management skills and experience in their industry. • Have operated a business and have experience managing money and budget, and a well developed business concept or plan. • Understand the commitment required to run a business. Small business owners stand a greater chance of being successful if they:
8. INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AUSTRALIA ‘I am smart enough to realise that I can’t do everything…So I’ve appointed team leaders from amongst my staff…people who can look after what’s happening on the factory floor…It’s a challenge, and it’s about getting the business set up correctly’. Nicole Stewart – a proud Taungurung woman – became a second-generation owner of Complete Workwear Laundry Services.
9. © The artwork used in this presentation, ‘Wattle’, is courtesy of Jeremy Devitt, National Aboriginal Design Agency. ‘There’s no doubt that if we didn’t know IBA… we would not be where we are today. But you need to bring something to the table in the first place. You need necessary skills and the drive to put the hard yards in’. - Wayne McGinness, Aboriginal Steel Art
10. INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AUSTRALIA 10 OUR REACH Our Regions • North East Australia • South East Australia • Central Australia • West Australia Our Service Centres • Adelaide • Alice Springs • Brisbane • Broome • Canberra • Cairns • Darwin • Grafton • Melbourne • Perth • Sydney • Townsville
11. INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AUSTRALIA IBA Partners 11 Program Performance & Improvement Credit Team Account Management Team Start Up & Development Team CUSTOMER Business Development & Assistance Program
12. INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AUSTRALIA 12 Start-Up & Development Team • Help to explore the viability of a business idea; identify areas that need development in terms of skills and the idea itself. • Leverage an established network of other government agencies, non-government organisations and industry partners to connect Indigenous businesses with complimentary services and product offerings. • Provide expert advice on how to further develop the business proposal to assist customers in applying for IBA Business Finance. • Work on how best to structure the finance needs of a business.
13. INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AUSTRALIA 13 Credit Team • Provide access to expert credit assessors to stress-test the financial projections and ensure a business does not take on excessive debt. • Identify approaches to mitigate risks associated with the business proposal. • Determine the level and type of debt that IBA will finance for the business. Account Management Team • Monitor and support business performance by identifying opportunities for growth and/or areas of risk that need to be managed by the owner(s) during the operation of the business.
14. INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AUSTRALIA 14 Program Performance & Improvement • Monitor, review and report on performance to ensure quality services are delivered to our customers. Stephan Ballangarry (third from left) is helping to create employment opportunities through his business, Tuff Yards Landscaping & Earthmoving.
15. INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AUSTRALIA 15 Partnerships that support Indigenous business Exploring opportunities Building capability Designing pathways Realising opportunities Sustaining and growing Safeguarding CUSTOMER Sharing intelligence Client Relationship Management Working Together Building Strong Relationships Sharing Outcomes
16. INDIGENOUS BUSINESS AUSTRALIA 16 iba.gov.au 1800 107 107 YOUR IBA CONTACT: Perth: Jonathan Wilson Perth: Noel Morich Broome: Audrey Viljoen
IBA BIG-AS-TEXAS PARTY : Dallas, Texas 2016—Event ... We will have a short presentation after ... host hotel in Allen beginning at 6:00 am on Friday September 30, 2016.
The IBA sponsors international conferences and workshops about bear biology, ... 2016 Anchorage, ... September 15-20, 2013 Provo, ...
March 30, 2017 : IBA Compliance Division Spring Law Review ... September 19, 2017 to September 20, 2017: ... © Copyright 2016 Illinois Bankers Association ...
IBA conferences fulfil a number of our objectives ... London, England, 30–31 March 2017. Book now ... 8–9 September 2017. Sponsorship. 6th Construction ...
As of July 30, 2016 EAS participants ... Be sure to mark your calendar… for the upcoming September IBA/RAB ... Iowa Broadcasters Association P.O. Box ...
The Annual Conference in 2016 will be ... IBA Annual Conferences including Washington 2016 ... 2013. Dublin, 2012: IBA Annual Conference, Dublin, 30 September ...
Welcome to the Iowa Bonsai Association's website. IBA was founded in 1979 to ... 1:00 PM with presentation at 11:30 AM Des ... IBA NEWSLETTER; September 2016 ...
Sukkur IBA - Official, Sukkur ... 2016 at IBA Communi ... Sher Muhammad gave them a brief presentation about Sukkur IBA and shared several community service ...
This presentation has been prepared based on ... revenue of S$79.3 million for the quarter ended 30 September 2016 and S$235.3 million for the nine months ...