Published on June 10, 2016
1. London | Bristol | Amsterdam @simon_norris
2. @simon_norris UX STRAT, EUROPE Thinking beyond: humanising our approach to experience strategy
3. @simon_norris A brand is not just a logo, a website or your business cards... it's an experience Anon
4. @simon_norris What does it mean to call a taxi in a world where Uber is valued more highly than the entire taxi market of most cities?
5. @simon_norris What does it mean to book a room or apartment in a world where planning no longer means having to think days or weeks ahead?
6. @simon_norris And, what does money mean in an increasingly cashless world?
7. @simon_norris A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by doing the hard things well Jeﬀ Bezos
8. @simon_norris The client’s brief 1. Deliver a compelling brand for the banking customers of tomorrow 2. Identify or create opportunities for future growth of the brand
10. @simon_norris ’nimbl’ Quick and light in movement or action (of the mind); able to think and understand quickly
11. @simon_norris Brand philosophy & vision
15. @simon_norris 2 4 5 Ask a parent to activate your card online and view your PIN Make sure your allowance is set to top-up your account regularly Get the nimbl app and keep an eye on how much you spend and save All yours! Your money, your choice. Now you can spend in store and online or start saving today Your nimbl card is contactless Just tap to pay where you see the sign
18. @simon_norris Brand book
19. @simon_norris The client’s brief 1. Deliver a compelling brand for the banking customers of tomorrow 2. Identify or create opportunities for future growth of the brand
20. Future @simon_norris The road ahead - evolving the brand Building the vision around a sense of ‘conﬁdence’ we’ve deliberately created a space for nimbl to occupy and further grow into. Project Managing money is just one of a wider set of core life-skills parents wish for their children.
21. @simon_norris Managing money - evolving the brand Assertiveness Managing money Critical thinking Problem solving Decision making Eﬀective communication Creative thinking Team working Life skill
22. @simon_norris Developing life skills - evolving the brand Assertiveness Managing money Critical thinking Problem solving Decision making Eﬀective communication Creative thinking Team working Life skills
23. @simon_norris It ain’t what you do it’s the way that you do it Ella Fitzgerald
24. @simon_norris + + A product proposition Payment system for parents of school-aged children
25. @simon_norris Create a compelling brand Brand
26. @simon_norris Deﬁning the problem! Problem notion • An awareness of what might be the cause • Some sense of requirement Problem deﬁnition • A ‘true’ brief • A clear sense of the problem / opportunity • The ‘eﬀects’ it causes • An understanding of how to approach it versus Brand
27. @simon_norris Knowledge of what is does not directly open the door to what should be. Albert Einstein
28. @simon_norris Original objective: Micro thinking Brand Human Tech Brand Technology
29. @simon_norris Gaining perspective: Macro thinking Family Child Money Tech Brand Brand Tech Human
30. Evolving the brand ` Family Tech Child Money Brand Technology Brand Tech Human Brand @simon_norris
31. Evolving the brand ` Family Tech Child Money Brand Technology Brand Tech Human @simon_norris Experience
32. @simon_norris Design is the silent ambassador of your brand Paul Rand
33. The Double-Diamond design process @simon_norris Discover Define Deliver D iverge C onverge C reate choices M ake choices D iverge C onverge C reate choices M ake choices Develop Measurement
34. The Double-Diamond design process Discover Define Deliver D iverge C onverge C reate choices M ake choices D iverge C onverge C reate choices M ake choices Develop Measurement @simon_norris
35. The Double-Diamond design process Discover Define Deliver D iverge C onverge C reate choices M ake choices D iverge C onverge C reate choices M ake choices Develop Measurement @simon_norris
36. The Double-Diamond design process Discover Define Deliver D iverge C onverge C reate choices M ake choices D iverge C onverge C reate choices M ake choices Develop Measurement Developed by the UK's Design Council@simon_norris
37. The Double-Diamond design process Discover Define Deliver D iverge C onverge C reate choices M ake choices D iverge C onverge C reate choices M ake choices Develop Measurement @simon_norris
38. The Double-Diamond design process Discover Define DeliverDevelop Measurement Feedback loop Developed by the UK's Design Council@simon_norris
39. Discover DeliverDevelop The UX Strategy Illusion Define Developed by the UK's Design Council@simon_norris
40. Discover Deliver § DevelopDefine Developed by the UK's Design Council@simon_norris Experience focused
41. @simon_norris Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works. Steve Jobs
42. Taking the client on a design journey • There in an inherent challenge on taking a client on a journey across a prolonged research and discovery project; • Ensuring insights are surfaced and explained in terms of how they inform thinking; • Consensus with the methods and supporting rationale; • Collaboration is critical; • Matching with the client. @simon_norris
43. @simon_norris Meet the UX ‘thinkers’ Thinking as a designer, and what this represents }The power of two Tim ‘To design is to communicate clearly by whatever means you can control or master.’ Milton Glaser ‘Curiosity breeds creativity.’ Tim Aled
44. @simon_norris First-diamond methodology 2 wks Known Qualitative Explore 1-2-1 interviews Explore & Validate Focus groups Quantitative Validate Primarily Surveys 8 wks Analysis, sense-making and insight
45. Criss-crossing the process Measurement 1. Starts out highly explorative and ‘divergent’ in nature 2. New insights validate or create new paths for exploration and discovery 3. Over time, we build a sense of what’s important and what can be ‘pruned’ @simon_norris
46. @simon_norris The best vision is insight Malcolm Forbes
47. @simon_norris • Perceived generational divide; • Value of money less well-understood in a world of digital; • Children more money focused today; • Schools not seen to be playing an active part (implying adults see this as an educational issue); • Banks also not seen to be set-up to manage the ﬁnancial needs of today’s teenagers. “Mum, my money’s gone. So we sat down to look at her bank statements together.” Mum of Kate, 13 “He didn’t realise he was spending money.” Dad on his son’s in-app purchases The meaning of money 1. active learning
48. @simon_norris ‘Active learning’ was a cornerstone informing all our brand proposition development work. The meaning of money 1. active learning Family Parent Child Manage Transact nimbl
49. @simon_norris Drivers for pocket money: • Emotive recollections by parents: • Happiness; • Maturity; • Reward. • Parents who received pocket money are 3x more likely to give their children pocket money. • Extension of parental care whilst away from home. “I was able to ‘send’ him the money so I knew he’d get home safely.” Parent Under 1 in 3 parents give pocket money for ‘convenience’ reasons. Survey insight Feeling over function 2.
50. @simon_norris • The Why (feeling) proceeds The What (function); • To capture emotion and reﬂect parental desires for care into the brand proposition; • Create an enduring legacy to drive future brand evolution; “Today’s ﬁnancially conﬁdent children will become tomorrow’s ﬁnancially conﬁdent adults. It’s nimbl, not banking.” nimbl brand philosophy Feeling over function Creating a sense of legacy 2.
51. @simon_norris • Feeling independence & acting responsibly - freedom; • Responsibility is ‘given’ or ‘earned’; • The ‘felt’ conﬁdence is two-way - parent & child; “He kept taking it out of his wallet to show his friends.” Parent, 1-2-1 interviews Responsibility 3.
52. @simon_norris A daisy-chained ‘on-boarding’ experience Why we chose to celebrate symbolic importance 4. 2-3 hrs Parent orders card online Step 1 Order conﬁrmation received Step 2 Card arrives in post Step 3 How you getting on? Follow up emails Step 4 1-2 wks 2+ wks Get parents & children thinking about the card arrival and initial usage Usage tracking Little notiﬁcations along way to support on boarding Countdown comms Getting ready and building anticipation
53. @simon_norris A brand is not just a logo, a website or your business cards... it's an experience Anon
54. Thank you @simon_norris
55. London | Bristol | Amsterdam @simon_norris @we_are_nomensa
International Business Administration ... Efficient work style and problem solving; Keen perception; Teamwork and leadership capabilities
The latest Tweets from Simon Norris (@simon_norris). Founder & CEO @we_are_nomensa Humanising Technology ubernaut. LDN | AMS | BRS
Anmelden und ganzes Profil ansehen Anmelden und Profil ansehen. E-Mail. Telefon. Adresse. Messenger. Fax. Website
View the profiles of people named Simon Norris on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Simon Norris and others you may know. Facebook gives people the...
Simon Norris. Managing Consultant at Beach Baker Property Recruitment. Location United Kingdom Industry Real Estate
To connect with Simon, sign up for Facebook today. Sign Up Log In. About Simon Norris
NEW PRODUCT! Norris Designs Dry Sump Kit, please click here for more info.
The latest Tweets from Simon Norris (@simonnorris). Map and bike geek. Victoria BC
301 Moved Permanently. CloudFront