Published on May 12, 2016
1. THE MUSCULAR SYSTEMBY: LILLY COURY AND TOBIN LOCKE
2. Disease Myotonia Myotonia congenital is a disorder that affects muscle contraction movement. Myotonia Congenital is estimated to affect 1 in 100,000 people worldwide.
3. Myopathy Myopathy almost always causes loss of muscle strength. Some patients also have rashes or breathing problems, or both - See more at: http://www.rheumatology.org/I-Am-A/Patient- Caregiver/Diseases-Conditions/Inflammatory- Myopathies#sthash.x97B6lUh.dpuf
4. THE MUSCULAR SYSTEM ACTIN- A GLOBULIN THAT IS PRESENT IN MUSCLE PLASMA AND THAT IN CONNECTION WITH MYOSIN PLAYS AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN MUSCLE CONTRACTION. BELLY- APPETITE OR CAPACITY FOR FOOD, GLUTTONY. CARDIAC MUSCLE-THE MYOCARDIUM. EXTENSOR-A MUSCLE THAT SERVES TO EXPAND OR STRAIGHTEN A PART OF THE BODY. FATIGUE- WEARINESS FROM BODILY OR MENTAL EXERTION. MYOSIN- THE PRINCIPLE CONTRACTILE PROTEIN OF MUSCLE. TENDON- A REINFORCING STRAND IN PRESTRESSED CONCRETE.
5. •https://m.youtube.com/watch? v=rMcg9YzNSEs •This video explains the muscular system in 6 minutes
6. FUN FACTS Muscles make up about 40% of total body weight. The smallest muscles, like the smallest bones, are found in the middle ear, some of these are the tensor tympani (connected to the ear drum) and the Stapedius. Muscles cannot push, they can only pull. The reason the arm can push is muscles in the back of the arm pulling on the elbow! The strongest muscles in the body? Pound for pound, it's the muscles that you chew with - called the masseters! Humans are born with all of the muscle fibers they will ever have. They don't grow new fibers, they just grow thicker. If all of the muscles in the body could all pull in one direction, it would create a force of 25 tons! Smiling takes 17 muscles in the face, while frowning takes 43! The heart is made up of muscle, called cardiac muscle. This muscle works all by itself with no thought. The heart beats anywhere from 60 to 100 times a minute, every minute, of every day in a human life! http://www.softschools.com/facts/human_body/muscles_facts/173/
7. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&q=muscle%20jokes&ved=0ahUKEwi0tPGXh6rMAhUHXh4KHVVdCVMQjB0IB g&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fdeeahearty%2Fme-md%2F&psig=AFQjCNF51-bMt2M0X6-P_QBmB- yQ_fuwag&ust=1461682871931779&rct=j&cad=rjt Yes, your face has muscles too. It takes 17 muscles to smile, but 43 muscles to frown.
8. Vocabulary Flexor- a muscle that serves to flex a part of the body. Ligament- a tie or bond. Muscle Fiber- one of the structural cells of a muscle. Myoifbril- a contractile febrile of skeletal muscle composed of mainly of a acitin myosin. Myology- the science or branch or anatomy dealing with muscles. Myosin- the principal contractile of a muscle. Skeletal Muscle- a muscle that is connected at either both extremities with a bone and consists of elongated multinucleated , transversely striated, skeletal muscle fibers, together with connective tissue, blood vessels and nerves. Smooth Muscle-muscle tissue in the walls of vicera and in blood cells. Dictionary.com
9. What is a Muscle? A muscle is a band of fibrous tissue in a human or animal body that has the ability to contract or maintaining the position of the human body. You have approximately 650 muscles in your body.
11. Parts of a Muscle
12. Myosin-the principal contractile protein of muscle. Motor Neurons- a nerve cell at conducts impulse to a muscle gland or other effector. Acetylcholine- transmits nerve impulses. Www.dictionary.com Words to Know Asln.mda.org
13. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Nq-P1ww5E How Muscles Contract
14. Cerebral Palsy Beyonddisable.com Cerebral Palsy is a disorder of movement, muscle tone, or posture caused by an immature development of the brain, most often before birth.
15. Muscular Dystrophy A disease that causes weakness and a loss of muscle mass. This often happens before birth with no cure. Mayoclinic.org
16. What Makes Sore Muscles A sore muscle is caused by working a muscle so much that it leaves a microscopic tear in the tissue which could lead to bruising. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjwybXM1prMAhWIeSYKHVj YBfAQjB0IBg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.australianmarathonreviews.com%2Ftrialing-a-new- treatment-for-a-calf-muscle- tear%2F&psig=AFQjCNEU51ldOieRJqt2IDNuA0i7p4USeg&ust=1461154342699596&rct=j
17. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwi1jf_O8qnMAhUJox4KHSkfBHQQjB0IBg&url=http%3A%2 F%2Fwww.burleighphysio.com.au%2Farticle%2Fcorksmuscle-contusionsbruises%2F&psig=AFQjCNEIoKFWYAPQspbF_qFROyE- cn0YGg&ust=1461677324814065&rct=j Bruises When the muscle is squashed or strained all the blood will rush to the wound which causes a bruise.
18. The Heart The heart is made of cardiac muscles which are involuntary meaning that they operate on their own.You can only live 15 seconds without a heart which is the most important muscle in your body. The muscles contract heart so that blood can go in and out.
19. Credits Griggosortho.com Www.youtube.com Www.slideshare.net Alsn.mda.org Previous.com
Human Muscular System – The muscles of the human body are illustrated and explained in high detail in our exploration of muscular system anatomy.
The muscular system makes up nearly half the weight of the human body, this is why when we train we sometimes put on weight instead of losing it.
Muscular system functions, organs and diseases: The muscular system is made up of tissues that work with the skeletal system to control movement of the human
The muscular system is an organ system consisting of skeletal, smooth and cardiac muscles. It permits movement of the body, maintains posture, and circulates blood ...
The muscular system is comprised of the sum total of muscles throughout the body that move the skeleton, maintain posture through steady contraction, and generate ...
Muscular system is the system of human body that provides the force for movements of body parts. It is composed of three types of muscles .....
The 650 muscles in the human body control movement and help to maintain posture, circulate blood and move substances throughout the ... Diseases of the muscular system.
The Muscular System Manual: The Skeletal Muscles of the Human Body, 4e: 9780323327701: Medicine & Health Science Books @ Amazon.com
Muscles of the human body - actions, attachments, and locations, and nerve supply.
human muscle system: the muscles of the human body that work the skeletal system, that are under voluntary control, and that are concerned with movement, posture, and ...