Published on June 8, 2016
1. PraveshV Shah 13-co-235
2. Similar to other department managers, a human resource manager has two basic functions: overseeing department functions and managing employees. For this reason, a human resources manager must be well-versed in each of the human resources disciplines – compensation and benefits, training and development, employee relations, and recruitment and selection. Core competencies HR managers have are solid communication skills and decision-making capabilities based on analytical skills and critical thought processes.
3. Southern Investments is the first professionally managed builder in the South. Beginning in 1968, when Si began its first project - Montieth Court in Madras - nobody believed flats would sell. But history proved that notion wrong.Today Si has completed projects in the cities of Chennai, Kochi,Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode,Trichur and Bangalore.The Company has gained the distinction of having pioneered residential high-rise construction in South India. Si stands for over five million square feet of great, liveable homes, offices and shops Si does not wish to be the biggest player in property development. But, Si aims to be the very best in quality. Si team's persisting quest for the highest quality is driven by the demand that every job be done well and right.This demand is empowered by a system that records and transfers decades of industry specific insights and knowledge to all staff through rigorous ongoing training.Overall staff performance must meet the best benchmarks.The system recognizes and rewards talent in team members.
4. At Southern Investments the management values the staff a lot, they value the talent, responsibility of every individual of the company.They allow the their staff to share their views, ideas, concerns and opinions.Thus resulting in its success over a period of time.The company has a dress code for its staff (Man: Formals ;Women: Sari and Chudidar) There are various departments namely: Legal Department,Administration department, MIS,Accounts department, sales department and so on. As construction industry requires large crew of members and managing such a big number is a difficult task, thus to make this task simple every department have departmental heads along with site engineers and contractors.Any issue which is sensitive or of more importance is dealt by HR Manager.
5. Training and orientation are give to new employees according to the department which they belong to. However management is very keen for candidates to poses interpersonal skills. Once a year the performance of every staff is reviewed and based on their performance they are promoted. Company offers employee benefits such as conveyance allowance, medical allowance, apparel and so on.
6. One of the staff who started her career with SI as an executive assistant and today she his senior HR Manager of the company.Another incident were a staff started her career as an receptionist and now she is heading a Branch. Perhaps this proves that the company encourages and want their staff to develop and improve with time.Thus I feel because of such practice SI has emerged to be a pioneer in construction industry.
7. http://www.hr-manager.net/ (Introduction on HR) www.sihomes.com (Company Profile) Visited Head Office of Southern Investments, Chennai (Findings)
Master thesis on hrm. ... phd investment banking thesis organizational behaviour; ... Or hrd in human resource management, ...
Master thesis human resource management ... You and doctoral dissertation topics finance investments table below given are among different topics ...
Human resource management dissertation investment ... Of contents doctoral dissertation the alignment of foreign investment thesis presents research papers ...
Wilson master's program is my master thesis, human resource management, ... western michigan university south. Be the knowledge of hrm planning, ...
In a human resource management bachelor's ... Completion of a thesis paper is usually required in order to ... Get Started with Southern New Hampshire ...
... and non thesis, western michigan university south ... defend a study on the process perspective in human resource management master thesis in hrm ...
Lovell, K 2009, 'Strategic human resource management: ... Southern Cross University . A research thesis submitted to the Graduate College of Management,
Thorough understanding master thesis in human resource management an m. A key to encourage ... school and research papers on hr. Southern new ...
... focus is dedicated to promote the role in order to be the south african organisations ... Terms of a phd thesis examines human resource management, ...
Impacts of China’s investments in South Africa by ... MASTER THESIS in Development and International Relations Department of Culture and Global Studies