Published on October 23, 2014
1. CCSSRR HHRR HR & CSR David Ducheyne Chief People Officer Securex
2. As a rule We do not talk much about CSR outside the company. CCSSRR HHRR So I will talk 20%of the time on CSR and 80% about (responsible) HR. (If that’s OK with you).
3. CCSSRR HHRR Community Involvement and development Organizational Governance Human Rights Labour Practices The Environment Consumer Issues Fair operating Practices ISO 26000
4. Why? Creating Competitive advantage Reputation Ability to attract and retain workers or members, customers, clients or users Maintenance of employees' morale, commitment and productivity View of investors, owners, donors, sponsors and the financial community Relationship with companies, governments, the media, suppliers, peers, customers and the community in which it operates. CCSSRR HHRR
5. CCSSRR HHRR
6. Ask yourself: Meaning of CSR CCSSRR HHRR Risk Ethical Exhibitionism (look how good we are) Social Tourism (hit and run) Fundamental Vison on how we do business? Focus Future Sustainability as guiding principle = long term Balance between Financial, Social, Environmental considerations.
7. Maybe You want to do CSR because you think it’s a good thing to do in the first place. CCSSRR HHRR The rest follows.
8. Take your pick CCSSRR HHRR © Richard Bruford
9. Incremental steps CCSSRR HHRR 1,000,000 kms less
10. Incremental steps What about the other 12,000,000 kms? CCSSRR HHRR
11. We go for incremental CCSSRR HHRR More opportunities for celebrating success and progress. Is less daunting and feels achievable for those leading the change. Easier to plan and provide support for. A chance to catch one’s breath before preparing for the next effort. Those impacted by the change will be less resistant; asking for and supporting a small modification in behaviour versus a large change in behaviour is likely to be received better. Nudging possibilities
12. Fuzzy Conviction CCSSRR HHRR Can you strive for CSR and have a car fleet?
13. What about CCSSRR HHRR Tobacco Industry Manufacturing of guns Oil Industry Delocalisation Cheap Labour vs Decent Work? …
14. It’s about Finding Balance CCSSRR HHRR
15. It’s about Looking for improvement CCSSRR HHRR
16. HR & CSR CCSSRR HHRR Help to make the change focus on behaviour incremental change Focus on Employment and Sustainable Employability human-centric strategy
17. CSR @ Securex CCSSRR HHRR Foundation Share our competencies Support People to find a way forward (Teach for Belgium, Microcredits) Involve Employees (leverage volunteering) Sustainability as value. Improving Integrating other ways into the company Company, People, Environment
18. Manifest CCSSRR HHRR
19. CCSSRR HHRR People are a company’s most important asset. How “real” is that?
20. Turn it around An organisation is an asset to its people. CCSSRR HHRR There is more than economic output. Let’s make people and business successful in business and in life.
21. Added Value? Income Status Meaningful Relationships … Sustainable Employability = the capacity to work tomorrow. CCSSRR HHRR
22. Work has become too much confection! CCSSRR HHRR
23. CCSSRR HHRR Is this what we are doing?
24. How many people say they’re happy in their work*? 85% How many people in Belgium report a bad mental health? 20% How many people are actively engaged (worldwide)? *** 13% CCSSRR HHRR How many think that the mental workload is too high? *? How many employees in Belgium think their job is a qualitative one **? 50% 22% • Securex 2012 ** European Foundation for the improvement of Living and Working Conditions 2005 *** Gallup 2013
25. CCSSRR HHRR
26. We have lost the human side of work! CCSSRR HHRR
27. Missed Opportunities CCSSRR HHRR
28. CCSSRR HHRR
29. CCSSRR HHRR Working Longer Budgettary Solution Skills Solution: someone is expected to offer his/her skills during 45 years We need to do something to make this happen. Easy Decision. Difficult implementation.
30. Work Participation http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/cache/ITY_OFFPUB/KS-FP-13-001/EN/KS-FP-13- 001-EN.PDF 30 CCSSRR HHRR
31. CCSSRR HHRR “Working longer” Can we force this ? Of een kwestie van “willen” en “kunnen”
32. CCSSRR HHRR Dove c'è gusto non c'è perdenza. Where there is enjoyment there is no loss.
33. We will not make it if we have to force people in working longer by introducing penalties, bonuses, … and other extrinsic elements. We must start talking about the quality of work, individual responsibilities and a work-ethic which sees 45 years as the (new) normal. CCSSRR HHRR
34. Shared Responsibilities CCSSRR HHRR EMPLOYEE CITIZEN ORGANIZATION Political Environment
35. Sustainable employability Sustainable people strategy CCSSRR HHRR HOW?
36. CCSSRR HHRR ABILITY SUSTAINABLE EMPLOYABILITY AGILITY
37. CCSSRR HHRR HEALTH ABILITY SUSTAINABLE EMPLOYABILITY AGILITY RESILIENCE
38. Individual perception of Employability CCSSRR HHRR © 2013 Securex
39. How people see the company CCSSRR HHRR
40. We need to CCSSRR HHRR Customize work. Build jobs around people. Create a context in which people can be successful.
41. CCSSRR HHRR IDEAL SIZE? CONFECTION? CUSTOMIZED? HOW ?
42. MAATWERK (Personalisation, Customizing, Individualisation) CCSSRR HHRR Adapt the context to the person Individual characteristics Strengths, needs, aspirations To increase The employability Overall Performance
43. CCSSRR HHRR RESISTANCE NOT EFFICIENT NOT COLLECTIVE NOT FAIR PRECEDENTS EGO-CENTRIC TENDENCIES
44. CCSSRR HHRR
45. The cost of standardization LOW QUALITY OF JOBS 15% NOT SATISFIED HIGH EXPULSION LOW PARTICIPATION EXCLUSIVE LABOUR MARKET LABOUR MARKET FRICTION INCREASE BURNOUT CCSSRR HHRR
46. CCSSRR HHRR CUSTOMIZING WORK NOT EASY FAIR INCLUSIVE ONLY CHOICE
47. Helping people to be employable and productive is answering to the needs of society and is therefore a part of any CSR CCSSRR HHRR Strategy.
48. CCSSRR HHRR
49. CCSSRR HHRR 5 TENETS DEVELOP A PEOPLE VISION DESIGN A CONTEXT DEVELOP AN ARCHITECTURE OF CHOICE ADAPT HR PRACTICES EMPLOYABILITY PLAN
50. CCSSRR HHRR Empathy Kind-ness Fair-ness Reci-procity Starting Point = strengths and needs of the employee(s). Target = create a context in which people can be successful Adds value to an individual’s Life
51. Starting Point = Strengths and needs of the employee(s). Target = create a context in which people can be successful CCSSRR HHRR Ultimate Adds value to an individual’s Life
52. CCSSRR HHRR Do I create this context?
53. CCSSRR HHRR CONTEXT BUILDING PEOPLE VALUE CHAIN LEIDERS CHAP CULTUUR PROCESSEN ORGANISATIE OMGEVING AGILITY ABILITY PERSOONLIJK KLANT BEDRIJF MAATSCHAPPIJ
54. CCSSRR HHRR SUSTAINABLE WAY OF LEADERSHIP SWOL BE(COMEMORE OF) YOURSELF HELP OTHERS TO BE(COMEMORE OF) THEMSELVES SHOW AND DEMAND ALLEGIANCE TO THE CAUSE LEAD BY EXAMPLE CREATEMEANINGFULNESS
55. CCSSRR HHRR LETTING GO (AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE) HOLDING ON (AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE)
56. CCSSRR HHRR TIME RESULT PRESENCE AVAILABILITY FIXED WORKING PLACE FLEXWORK STANDARD CUSTOMIZED STEERING LEADING CONTROL TRUST LIMIT ENABLE
57. CCSSRR HHRR FUNCTION CONTRIBUTION PERMANENT TEMPORARY THE BOSS CO-CREATION ORGANISATION NETWORK HAVE TO, BE ALLOWED WANT TO, BE ABLE TO TOP-DOWN STANDARD CHOICE
58. Letting go Holding on Values CCSSRR HHRR Time Place How? Vision Result Means Care
59. CCSSRR HHRR Result: a context that facilitates choice
60. CCSSRR HHRR Do I manage?
61. ARCHITECTURE OF CHOICE CCSSRR HHRR
62. MASS CUSTOMIZATION CCSSRR HHRR STANDARDIZED CHOICE I-DEALS PERSONALISED CHOICE
63. CCSSRR HHRR MASS CUSTOMIZATION I-DEALS COLLECTIVE SEGMENTATION STANDAARDISATION PROCEDURES OPT-IN OR OPT-OUT ACCESSIBLE INDIVIDUAL AD HOC DEVIATION NEGOCIATED WIN-WIN-WIN NO SECRETS
64. CCSSRR HHRR MASS CUSTOMIZATION CONTROLLABLE ASSESSMENT OF CONSEQUENCES COLLECTIVE BARGAINING DIGITALIZATION POSSIBLE CLEAR COMMUNICATION PROCEDURAL JUSTICE LESS FLEXIBLE NOT POSSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING
65. FTE 50% 80% 100% Flexibili-time 7u30 19u00 Thuis Fix Place Mobiel Satellite Expert Manager Career orientation Sales Consultant Profession Health HR Finance IT … Career Speed No Fast Accelerated Engagement & Competencies Experienced Premium CCSSRR HHRR 65 What could it look like ? Slow Confirmed
66. CCSSRR HHRR I-DEALS VERY FLEXIBLE ADJUSTMENTS POSSIBLE CREATIVE TAILOR-MADE BINDING EFFECT MOTIVATIONAL EFFECT LIMITED ACCESS? PRECARITY INTERNAL FAIRNESS WORKLOAD
67. CCSSRR HHRR Job Learning Career Remuneration Work-Life Health Technology Mass Roles Classroom Career Path Cafetaria Telework, Flex Health Program BYOD I-Deals Job Sculpting Coaching Career Sculpting Deals School Bell Health Coach BYOD
68. CCSSRR HHRR I deals Mass Customization Legal Flexibility Law / Rules
69. EVERYBODY DOES IT (ALREADY) I-DEALS NOT ALWAYS AND FOR EVERYBODY NO SHADY DEALS EMPATHY – JUSTICE – KINDNESS - RECIPROCITY QUID COLLECTIVE BARGAINING CCSSRR HHRR
70. CUSTOMIZATION IS AN INSPIRATION FOR THE HR-STRATEGY HR-PRACTICES CAN EVOLVE CCSSRR HHRR
71. CCSSRR HHRR Do we let HR-practices evolve?
72. CUSTOMIZED JOB CUSTOMIZED LEARNING CUSTOMIZED CAREER CUSTOMIZED REWARD WORKING LONGER CCSSRR HHRR PEOPLE PRACTICES
73. Let’s not think we will evolve by doing what we’ve always done. CCSSRR HHRR
74. QUALITY OF WORK JOB SCULPTING CCSSRR HHRR CUSTOMIZED JOBS
75. CCSSRR HHRR
76. CCSSRR HHRR JOBSCULPTING JOBS STEERED BY THE INDIVIDUAL INDEPENDENT OF FUNCTIONAL ARCHITECTURE INFORMAL / FORMAL
77. CCSSRR HHRR Meaningful Flow Talent Learning Opportunities Autonomy Dynamic and temporary Experiences of success Dignity Recovery Individual Support Jobsculpting
78. CCSSRR HHRR FUNCTIONAL-ARCHITECTURE GIVING SPACE JOB-EVALUATION IN FUNCTION OF SUSTANABLE EMPLOYABILITY
79. CUSTOMIZED LEARNING LEARNING STYLE LEARNING NEED CCSSRR HHRR
80. CCSSRR HHRR Collective Standard - Class Room Individueal Standard - Menu Collective Customized - Team approach Individual Customized - Coaching Learning Environment
81. Budget Paradox CCSSRR HHRR
82. CCSSRR HHRR Customized • Starting Point is individual learning need • Taking into account the Learning Style • Self-paced • Coaching • Supported by Technology
83. CCSSRR HHRR CUSTOMIZED CAREER STEERING ENGAGEMENT, COMPETENCIES
84. Before Now # organisations 1-2 5 Degree Essential Start Job tenure Long Temporary Hierarchy Many Layers Flat Knowledge Stable Volatile Learning Job-related Employability Career Steering Organisation Individu Career Steps Reactive Proactive CCSSRR HHRR
85. CCSSRR HHRR
86. Career is a sequence of jobs, roles, missions, assignments across employment regimes and CCSSRR HHRR organizations CAREER COMPETENCIES CAREER GUIDANCE CREATE LABOUR MARKET VALUE
87. CUSTOMIZED REWARDS? SENIORITY ? CCSSRR HHRR MARKET VALUE PERFORMANCE LIFE-CYCLE
88. CCSSRR HHRR
89. CCSSRR HHRR
90. CCSSRR HHRR
91. AVOID I-DEALS ON REWARDS MASS-CUSTOMIZATION THROUGH CAFETARIA PLANS LEGAL ISSUES PERFORMANCE RELATED REMUNERATION RECOGNITION AND APPRECIATION CCSSRR HHRR
92. CCSSRR HHRR WORKING LONGER EXPULSION AVOIDANCE DEVELOPMENT NUDGING
93. CCSSRR HHRR CLOSE EXIT ROUTES DEVELOPMENT BEFORE 45+ AVOID AVOIDANCE NUDGING: THE NEW “PATERNALISM”
94. CCSSRR HHRR Job Learning Career Reward Work-Life Health Culture Development Avoidance
95. CCSSRR HHRR CAO 104 WAT IS UW DOELSTELLING? WAARDEREND VERMIJD STIGMATISERING GERICHT OP MAATWERK ONTWIKKELINGSGERICHT BUDGETVRIENDELIJK
96. CCSSRR HHRR COLLECTIVE EMPLOYMENT PLAN PERSONAL EMPLOYABILITY PLAN
97. CCSSRR HHRR Do I convince my CEO?
98. CCSSRR HHRR
99. A human-centric approach is the only CCSSRR HHRR sustainable alternative Imagine doing the reverse thing?
100. CCSSRR HHRR 5 TENETS DEVELOP A PEOPLE VISION DESIGN A CONTEXT DEVELOP AN ARCHITECTURE OF CHOICE ADAPT HR PRACTICES EMPLOYABILITY PLAN
101. CCSSRR HHRR David Ducheyne David.Ducheyne@securex.be www.securex.be 0479 91 08 67 www.linkedin.com/in/davidducheyne www.twitter.com/dducheyne @dducheyne
http://ecommerce-for-business.com/shackles-boats-theboatonlinestore/ We offer a ...
Pretty similar to gold bars are these silver slabs. Silver is considered as the mo...
If you are an investor of gold bars and coins, one of the major things that you ou...
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 21st 2014
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 28th 2014
hrchitects.net ... Contact; 1 Ethics: does winning make you dishonest? Posted on February 11, 2016 by David Ducheyne. ... I still do. When my children ...
21/10/2014: Seminarie "Duurzaam ... Het FIDO organiseert daarom een Middag DO rond dit thema. David Ducheyne ... Deze Middag DO vindt uitzonderlijk niet ...
Talent avenue - Isabelle Meulemans (Middag DO 21/10/2014) ... HR & CSR - David Ducheyne (Middag DO 21/10/2014) Sustainable employability Maatwerk
Het FIDO organiseert daarom een Middag DO rond dit thema. David Ducheyne ... zal het kader schetsen van duurzaam HR-beleid en een ... David Ducheyne ...
Chirbit supports most existing audio formats. Share. Share your audio on your favorite social platforms. Blog; Contact; FAQ; iOS App; @chirbit on Twitter;
MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2016. Hollywood magic for your videos. Easy video editing for beginners and more advanced users; Excellent image stabilization from ...
Schweiz (Deutsch) Suisse (Francais) United Kingdom
Advertising Programmes Business Solutions +Google About Google Google.com © 2016 - Privacy - Terms. Search; Images; Maps; Play; YouTube; News; Gmail ...