Published on July 6, 2016
1. HOWTOSTOPDRINKING ALCOHOLONYOUROWN? QUITALCOHOL,BECOMEFREE!
2. MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD STRUGGLE WITH IT, MANY FOR THEIR ENTIRE LIVES
3. An alcoholic suffers mentally, emotionally and, ultimately, physically and once it’s takes a toll, almost everyone wants to know how to stop drinking alcohol. STOP DRINKING ALCOHOL
4. According to the Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse, an estimated 3.2 percent of the Canadian population, about 886,000 people, ages 15 and older had a drinking problem or were dependent on alcohol in 2012 3.2% OF THE CANADIAN POPULATION SUFFER
5. SYMPTOMS OF ALCOHOL ABUSE DISORDER When you drink, you often consume more than you wanted to You often try to stop drinking but can’t You spend a lot of time trying to get alcohol, drinking or hungover You often crave beer, wine or other types of alcohol Your drinking has impacted your work and/or school performance and family life Continued drinking even after negative effects on your social life You still drink even though you know you might have a problem You have built up a tolerance and require more alcohol to feel drunk and you feel sick without it
6. DO ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS SOUND FAMILIAR?
7. LET'S LOOK AT THE EFFECTS OF ALCOHOLISM
8. EMOTIONAL EFFECTS Heavy drinkers aren’t usually happy people Learning how to stop drinking means coming face-to-face with all your demons Failure for not being able to stop Depression over the loss relationships due to drinking Low self-esteem
9. PHYSICAL EFFECTS Alcohol contributed to 8 percent of all Canadian deaths (under age 70) Liver damage is by far one of the most dangerous and common side-effects of alcoholism Alcoholism can also increase blood pressure and cause hypoglycemia You may also experience digestive problems, short-term memory loss and even full blackouts
10. TIPS TO STOP DRINKING ALCOHOL ON YOUR OWN
11. WEIGH THE PROS AND CONS OF DRINKING On a sheet of paper, draw a simple pros and cons table Under pros, write what alcohol gives you In the cons, write what it has taken away This can be something as small as a few extra dollars spent on a beer last night or as large as a relationship
12. SET LIMITS TO YOUR DRINKING Trying to quit “cold turkey” usually doesn’t work for most people Instead of refusing to drink at all, you should begin by setting limits This helps you regain control bit by bit You can start by assessing how much you drink per day In order to be successful, you will have to avoid bad influences
13. FORM NEW POSITIVE HABITS Most alcoholics develop a drinking routine In order to stop drinking, you need to break your old habits and replace them with healthier alternatives Make a commitment to do a different activity to unwind This can be going for a walk, writing, reading a book or spending time with family
14. TELL OTHERS ABOUT WHAT YOU’RE DOING If you let other people know that you’re trying to stop drinking, you’ll feel more inclined to keep your word A support system is vital to a successful alcohol recovery You can tell your most trusted friends and family or even other drinking buddies who you know want to quit themselves
15. GET A NEW STRESS RELIEVER It’s very hard to stop drinking at first because the stress makes you want to drink more However, the most important thing to do when you first start your new recovery plan is to find a new outlet Running is an amazing way to focus all of your emotions into one activity Taking up exercise as a form of stress relief is a great excuse to finally join a gym
16. Wecanhelp you... If you or someone you care about show signs of alcoholism and would benefit from knowing how to stop drinking alcohol, get in touch with our trusted Ontario alcohol rehab centre today. Our team of addiction experts have over a 100 years of combined experience.
17. QUITALCOHOL,BECOMEFREE! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions http://canadiancentreforaddictions.org/
How to Quit Drinking Alcohol. ... You absolutely cannot get anyone to stop drinking, only the person drinking will or will not quit when they decide.
Follow these steps to stop drinking alcohol. Identify your reasons. Make a list of the reasons you want to cut down on or stop drinking alcohol (What is a ...
Do you want to stop drinking altogether or just cut back? If your goal is to reduce your drinking, decide which days you will drink alcohol and how many ...
To try and stop or reduce without first seeking professional advice, could result in you becoming dangerously ill and even in death.
There are lots of reasons why you might want to stop drinking alcohol. Some people need to stop drinking as a result of developing an alcohol related ...
There are dozens of different theories on how to quit drinking alcohol. What I’m sharing is what worked for me, and what I believe is the best way to ...
Lesen Sie How to Stop Drinking Alcohol A Simple Path from Alcohol Misery to Alcohol Mastery von Kevin O'Hara mit Kobo. Scared to quit drinking? Learn a new ...
Stop drinking alcohol on your own with these free tips and helpful articles. You do NOT need AA or Rehab to quit drinking!
How To Stop Drinking Alcohol: How Quitting Alcohol Helped Lose 30 Pounds, Make More Money, Attract Better Friends And Lovers, And Got A Job Hosting ...
Are you beginning to lose important people or things in life so you want to know how to stop drinking alcohol? Discover our quick remedies and help yourself