Published on June 14, 2016
1. Running ANOVA on SPSS http://www.palmx.org/drtamil/spss/ sga-ttest-youtube.sav
2. ©firstname.lastname@example.org 2016 Factors Affecting SGA SGA (Y/N) (Birth weight) Mother’s Nutrition (BMI/Obesity) •Weight •Height Smoking Hypertension
3. ©email@example.com 2016 Dependent Outcome Birth weight of the babies Small for gestational age i.e. less than 2.7kg for term babies – Y/N By Yehudamalul - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0,
4. ©firstname.lastname@example.org 2016 What test to use? Conduct the appropriate statistical test to test whether there is any association between Classification of Weight (OBESCLAS) and BIRTH WEIGHT (in kg).
5. ©email@example.com 2016 Factors Affecting SGA Outcome (Birth weight in kg) Proxy for Mother’s Nutrition (OBESCLAS) - underweight - normal -overweight Smoking (Y/N) Hypertension (Y/N)
6. ©firstname.lastname@example.org 2016 What test to use? Birth weight – interval/continuous data. Body Mass Index is classified into ◦ Underweight ◦ Normal weight ◦ Overweight Therefore it is categorical data. Basically we are comparing the mean babies birth weight between underweight, normal and overweight mothers. Assuming birth weight is normally distributed, most suitable test is ANOVA.
7. ©email@example.com 2016 Comparing birth weight distribution
8. Running ANOVA on SPSS http://www.palmx.org/drtamil/spss/ sga-ttest-youtube.sav
9. ©firstname.lastname@example.org 2016 Comparing mean birth weight Underweight 2.4 + 0.3 Normal 2.7 + 0.5 Overweight 3.1 + 0.6
10. ©email@example.com 2016 Levene’s Test for Equality of Variances tests the condition that the variances of both samples are equal. If it is significant as above (p<0.05) then the variances are unequal. Therefore, for post-hoc, the Bonferroni procedure can’t be used, as it assumes equal variances. Since we have a large sample size, the Bonferroni test can be used if interpreted with care. Implication of Homogeneity test
11. ©firstname.lastname@example.org 2016 Significant diff of means, p < 0.05
12. ©email@example.com 2016 Sig. diff. of means, but between which and which group? Post-hoc!
13. ©firstname.lastname@example.org 2016 Birth weight of babies born to Underweight mothers are significantly lower than babies born to Normal & Overweight mothers. Birth weight of babies born to Normal mothers are significantly lower than babies born to Overweight mothers. Implication of post-hoc test
14. ©email@example.com 2016 Conclusion Babies of Underweight mothers has significantly lower birth weight (2.4 + 0.3) compared to babies of Normal (2.7 + 0.5 )and Overweight mothers (3.1 + 0.6). Babies of Normal mothers has significantly lower birth weight (2.7 + 0.5) compared to babies of Overweight mothers (3.1 + 0.6). The difference is statistically significant since p value smaller than 0.05. “Big Mothers Get Big Babies!”
15. ©firstname.lastname@example.org 2016 Exercise Repeat the same statistical test between; ◦ Type of Work and Birth Weight
Step-by-step instructions on how to perform a One-Way ANOVA in SPSS Statistics using a ... enter data in SPSS Statistics to run a one-way ANOVA ...
Step-by-step instructions on how to perform a two-way ANOVA in SPSS ... to run through in SPSS ... SPSS Statistics to run a two-way ANOVA ...
How to Run an ANOVA in SPSS. One-way analysis of variance (One-Way ANOVA) procedures produce an analysis for a quantitative dependent variable affected by ...
SPSS One-Way ANOVA tests whether the means on a ... 2014 under ANOVA in SPSS. SPSS One-Way ANOVA. ... Running SPSS One-Way ANOVA. We'll now run the actual ...
In this video, I demonstrate how to perform and interpret a oneway analysis of variance (ANOVA) in SPSS. I do so using two different procedures ...
Two-way factorial ANOVA in PASW (SPSS) When do we do Two-way factorial ANOVA? We run two-way factorial ANOVA when we want to study the effect of two ...
Ich habe mit SPSS eine repeat meassures ANOVA durchgeführt. Unabhängige Variable Gruppe mit den Ausprägungen A,B,C und D Abhängige Variable: ...
I perform and interpret a two way ANOVA in SPSS. The example consists of 2 between subjects factors: one with 2 levels and one with 3 levels. So ...
A short guide to running ANOVA:s in SPSS Jörgen Ripa ... All three null hypotheses are tested in a standard ANOVA. SPSS menus: Choose [Analyze ...
Have SPSS run an ANOVA for You, the group means and variances: Go to the ANALYZE menu, choose COMPARE MEANS( MEANS, and, ...