Published on November 2, 2016
1. HOW TO RUN A SUCCESSFUL B2B MARKETING BRAINSTORM B2B marketing brainstorms can boom or bust based on the quality of your preparation and how well you engage participants.
2. EVER BEEN IN A MARKETING BRAINSTORM THAT JUST FELT PAINFUL…?
3. BORED PARTICIPANTS. VAGUE BRIEF. RUBBISH IDEAS. UNCLEAR OUTPUTS. Z Z Z
4. USUALLY, BAD BRAINSTORMS ARE CAUSED BY LACK OF PREPARATION.
5. There are three factors to consider when planning a marketing brainstorm: RESEARCH ENGAGEMENTINPUT
6. RESEARCH The quality of the data, information and insights brought to the session.
7. “ULTIMATELY, POOR DATA QUALITY IS LIKE DIRT ON THE WINDSHIELD. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO DRIVE FOR A LONG TIME WITH SLOWLY DEGRADING VISION, BUT AT SOME POINT, YOU EITHER HAVE TO STOP AND CLEAR THE WINDSHIELD OR RISK EVERYTHING.” – Ken Orr, The Good, The Bad, and The Data Quality
8. A WELL-ROUNDED B2B MARKETING BRAINSTORM SESSION STARTS WITH DATA, BUILDING A CONVERSATION AROUND PERFORMANCE TRENDS AND PATTERNS.
9. THE MORE DATA YOU HAVE AVAILABLE, THE MORE INFORMED YOUR DISCUSSIONS WILL BE.
10. USE ALL OF THE CHANNELS AVAILABLE TO YOU: CUSTOMER DATA WEBSITE ANALYTICS FOCUS GROUPS AND SURVEYS INDUSTRY RESEARCH PAST MARKETING ACTIVITY
11. RESEARCH SHOULD TAKE PLACE BEFORE THE SESSION, NOT DURING.
12. The brainstorm is a chance to review the information and use it to spark ideas.
13. ASK YOUR TEAM: WHAT RESONATES WITH OUR PERSONAS?
14. ASK YOUR TEAM: WHAT RESONATES WITH OUR PERSONAS? WHICH FORMATS WORK BEST FOR OUR AUDIENCE?
15. ASK YOUR TEAM: HOW CAN WE APPLY THAT TO THIS CAMPAIGN? WHAT RESONATES WITH OUR PERSONAS? WHICH FORMATS WORK BEST FOR OUR AUDIENCE?
16. INPUT The people you involve in the session and how they prepare for it.
17. THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT THE GUEST LIST FOR YOUR PLANNING SESSION - INVOLVE AS MANY DIFFERENT VIEWPOINTS AS POSSIBLE, BEYOND THE MARKETING TEAM.
18. WHO COULD ADD A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE, OR THINK ABOUT THINGS IN A DIFFERENT WAY?
19. Share information on lead quality, behaviour and the sales process. Share common enquiries, complaints and issues. Align activity to product features and benefits. SALES PRODUCTCUSTOMER SERVICE
20. CONSIDER INCLUDING YOUR EXISTING CUSTOMERS IN YOUR BRAINSTORM TO SHOW YOU A DIFFERENT ANGLE ON THINGS.
21. EVERYONE SHOULD COME TO THE SESSION PREPARED WITH DATA, INSIGHTS AND IDEAS FROM THEIR OWN AREA OF EXPERTISE.
22. ENGAGEMENT The levels of interaction and engagement from participants during the session.
23. “IF THE MEETING IS RUN PROPERLY, EVERYONE FEELS AS THOUGH THEY ARE CONTRIBUTING TO WHAT THEY WILL BE WORKING ON IN THE FUTURE.” – Scott Berkun, Author and Speaker
24. EVERYONE IN YOUR B2B MARKETING BRAINSTORM SESSION HAS SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE.
25. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BAD IDEA…
26. There are definitely bad ideas… but there are no worthless ideas! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BAD IDEA…
27. EVEN THE MOST TERRIBLE IDEA COULD SPARK AN INTERESTING CONVERSATION.
28. INVITE EVERYONE TO SHARE THEIR IDEAS - NO MATTER HOW CRAZY - AND MAKE SURE ALL INPUT IS VALUED. Allow for the introverts and extroverts in your group – make sure everyone gets a chance to contribute.
29. REMEMBER - WHAT YOU PUT IN TO A B2B MARKETING BRAINSTORM DEFINES WHAT YOU GET OUT OF IT. (Crap in, crap out, as our MD Alistair would say…)
30. For successful brainstorms, invest time in preparing those three key elements: RESEARCH ENGAGEMENTINPUT
31. TURN YOUR MARKETING CAMPAIGN IDEAS INTO HIGH-PERFORMING REALITY The brainstorm is only the start - find out how to build & optimise marketing campaigns that deliver performance with our our foolproof 5-step methodology. READ THE CMO’S DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO HIGH-PERFORMING PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGNS ACCESS NOW
What you put into a B2B marketing brainstorm defines what you get out of it - read about three key factors in successful idea generation.
Tomorrow People Inbound Marketing Agency Blog How to Run a Successful B2B Marketing Brainstorm [SlideShare] B2B marketing brainstorms can boom or bust based on the ...
We run out of ideas. ... Customer Success; B2B Marketing Automation by ... 2 thoughts on “ 5 B2B Marketing Ideas To Jumpstart Your Next Brainstorming Meeting ...
Creative ideas can help you drive your business to success. Brian Tracy discusses how to run a ... How to Run an Effective Brainstorming ... broader B2B marketing ...
But running a brainstorming meeting effectively can be surprisingly ... B2B Marketing Maven. Jan 11. How To Run an Effective Brainstorming Meeting.
How to Run a Successful B2B Marketing Brainstorm [SlideShare] What you put into a B2B marketing brainstorm defines what you get out of it - read about three key ...
Content Marketing Wall; How to run a brainstorming ... How to run a brainstorming meeting. ... let these examples inspire your own B2B marketing campaigns.
How To Conduct A Brainstorming Session For Content Marketing ... of these tips will help you lead a content marketing brainstorm ... brainstorms are successful ...
Kim Gordon is the owner of National Marketing Federation and is a multifaceted marketing expert, speaker, author and media spokesperson. Her latest book is Maximum ...
Influencer marketing can be just as effective for business-to-business marketers as it is for consumer-facing companies.