Published on February 18, 2014
Preparing CV and Job Interview Shiraz Ahmed | Faculty | Facilitator | Coach ICMA Pakistan Karachi, June 20 2011
This workshop has 2 sessions 1. Personality image 2. Applying for job and interview
Introductions • First Name • Company name • One strength • One weakness
Your Personality Image It takes 30 seconds to make an impact. Career isn’t only about doing a job but it is: a. b. c. d. Exposure with people Networking Credibility Visibility
Personality Image what you do, 10% how visible you are, 60% how you do it, 30%
Applying for Job Consider 3 things: 1. Know yourself 2. Set your goals 3. Prepare a powerful CV
1. Know yourself • Personality and attitudes • Skills and achievements • Strengths • Interest
2. Set Your Goals • What do I want? • Your challenge / dream • Your job interest • Don’t apply for every job • Find a match between your skills and job requirement
3. Prepare powerful CV Remember 6 points! a. Visual signpost – your name with address and contact b. Your headline / USP – your instant picture, what you have to offer! c. Key skills – what are you good at
3. Prepare powerful CV Remember 6 points! d. Career history with achievements – honors, awards, internships e. Education / qualification / trainings or certifications f. Personal details and interest – date of birth, areas of interest
Don’ts of CV Title – except name Salary – no need to mention unless asked Reason for leaving Photographs Personal – height, weight, political / religious affiliations References Gimmicks – don’t use color paper Humor – avoid jokes
1. Prepare • Read Job description / specification • Organization information • Selection process
2. Making Entrance • Smile • Making eye contact with interviewer • Shaking hand
3. Body Language • Set hands free • Cross legs • Avoid refreshments
4. Sell Yourself • Prepare examples and stories • Challenge – what you do - result
5. Questions from interviewer • What are your strengths? • What weaknesses do you have? • Why do you want this job? • What is your future plan?
6. Questions you should ask? • Learning and growing opportunities • Taking own or new initiative
6. Exit • Smile • Thanks!
Reflections & Actions Take few minutes for reflection…. What did you learn? Actions you are going to take…. How you will apply this learning in daily life?
Shiraz Ahmed E: firstname.lastname@example.org fb: shiraz.wasif in: shirazwasif
John's presentation to EMBA students on knowledge work, the innovation ethics and ...
Looking for an icebreaker that helps team members learn more about each other, imp...
Quantas vezes você pensou sobre diferentes formas de conseguir ter mais foco. São ...
Os segredos do sucesso - Dale Carnegie O livro de Dale Carnegie "Como Ganhar Ami...
Discover our advice on job interview preparation, ... You should prepare for a phone interview just as you would for ... keep your CV, application and job ...
Good preparation is essential to a successful job interview. ... Prepare your interview ... on you and a couple of copies of your CV, ...
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE TEMPLATE OF THIS CV TO EASILY PREPARE YOUR OWN BY ... (CV) for a Job Interview. How to Prepare/Organize a Curriculum Vitae (CV) for a Job ...
CV/Interview Tips; Clients. ... MAKE YOUR CV RELEVANT FOR EACH JOB: When looking through a pile of CVs, ... PREPARE: Have confidence in ...
To prepare for a job interview, use these ... CV, and/or references in ... This article taught me how to prepare before a job interview and how to answer ...
Job interview preparation: an essential checklist ... The "tell me about yourself" or "talk me through your CV ... Before the interview Prepare ...
How to get a job Job hunting, CV and interview tips and info; ... Preparing for an interview. ... and ask a few questions to help me prepare."
Tips and advice on how to prepare for an interview including tips for ... How you style your hair for a job interview is almost as important as the ...
Need help with resume to see your CV pull all the right chords ... by landing a proper resume to get you on this job interview. Resume writing help ...
How to: Prepare for an interview. ... comes to interview preparation, the job description is ... for the one who really wanted to prepare for interview!