Published on February 18, 2014
Preparing CV and Job Interview Shiraz Ahmed | Faculty | Facilitator | Coach ICMA Pakistan Karachi, June 20 2011
This workshop has 2 sessions 1. Personality image 2. Applying for job and interview
Introductions • First Name • Company name • One strength • One weakness
Your Personality Image It takes 30 seconds to make an impact. Career isn’t only about doing a job but it is: a. b. c. d. Exposure with people Networking Credibility Visibility
Personality Image what you do, 10% how visible you are, 60% how you do it, 30%
Applying for Job Consider 3 things: 1. Know yourself 2. Set your goals 3. Prepare a powerful CV
1. Know yourself • Personality and attitudes • Skills and achievements • Strengths • Interest
2. Set Your Goals • What do I want? • Your challenge / dream • Your job interest • Don’t apply for every job • Find a match between your skills and job requirement
3. Prepare powerful CV Remember 6 points! a. Visual signpost – your name with address and contact b. Your headline / USP – your instant picture, what you have to offer! c. Key skills – what are you good at
3. Prepare powerful CV Remember 6 points! d. Career history with achievements – honors, awards, internships e. Education / qualification / trainings or certifications f. Personal details and interest – date of birth, areas of interest
Don’ts of CV Title – except name Salary – no need to mention unless asked Reason for leaving Photographs Personal – height, weight, political / religious affiliations References Gimmicks – don’t use color paper Humor – avoid jokes
1. Prepare • Read Job description / specification • Organization information • Selection process
2. Making Entrance • Smile • Making eye contact with interviewer • Shaking hand
3. Body Language • Set hands free • Cross legs • Avoid refreshments
4. Sell Yourself • Prepare examples and stories • Challenge – what you do - result
5. Questions from interviewer • What are your strengths? • What weaknesses do you have? • Why do you want this job? • What is your future plan?
6. Questions you should ask? • Learning and growing opportunities • Taking own or new initiative
6. Exit • Smile • Thanks!
Reflections & Actions Take few minutes for reflection…. What did you learn? Actions you are going to take…. How you will apply this learning in daily life?
Shiraz Ahmed E: email@example.com fb: shiraz.wasif in: shirazwasif
CV-Library's job interview tips help you to prepare properly for a job interview and set you apart from the other candidates, giving you that vital edge.
Discover our advice on job interview preparation, ... You should prepare for a phone interview just as you would for ... keep your CV, application and job ...
How to prepare for a job interview ... So you’ve spent weeks sending out job applications and perfecting your CV and cover letter ...
When it comes to applying for a new job, your CV could be just the ticket to get you that initial foot in the door and secure an interview ...
...If you are job hunters, it’s important to choose the resume format that works the best for your background and experience.The best resume format for ...
How to Prepare for an IT Job Interview ... Get your resume or CV in place, and you can safely expect that the interviewer is familiar with your work ...
How to make a first good impression in a job interview? - Free English lessons - Duration: 10:14. Learn English with Let's Talk - Free English ...
Job Interviews Job Interviews. ... Search blog. How to Prepare for an Interview . Posted on ... Nothing prepares you an important interview like other ...
CV & Interview Advice ← 10 ways to ... to prepare for the interview before you even walk through the door? Here are my top five tips on preparing for PR ...
Careers mentor Aimee Bateman gives advice on how to create an amazing CV and cover letter, how to prepare for and perform in a job interview, what to put ...