Published on February 18, 2014
Preparing CV and Job Interview Shiraz Ahmed | Faculty | Facilitator | Coach ICMA Pakistan Karachi, June 20 2011
This workshop has 2 sessions 1. Personality image 2. Applying for job and interview
Introductions • First Name • Company name • One strength • One weakness
Your Personality Image It takes 30 seconds to make an impact. Career isn’t only about doing a job but it is: a. b. c. d. Exposure with people Networking Credibility Visibility
Personality Image what you do, 10% how visible you are, 60% how you do it, 30%
Applying for Job Consider 3 things: 1. Know yourself 2. Set your goals 3. Prepare a powerful CV
1. Know yourself • Personality and attitudes • Skills and achievements • Strengths • Interest
2. Set Your Goals • What do I want? • Your challenge / dream • Your job interest • Don’t apply for every job • Find a match between your skills and job requirement
3. Prepare powerful CV Remember 6 points! a. Visual signpost – your name with address and contact b. Your headline / USP – your instant picture, what you have to offer! c. Key skills – what are you good at
3. Prepare powerful CV Remember 6 points! d. Career history with achievements – honors, awards, internships e. Education / qualification / trainings or certifications f. Personal details and interest – date of birth, areas of interest
Don’ts of CV Title – except name Salary – no need to mention unless asked Reason for leaving Photographs Personal – height, weight, political / religious affiliations References Gimmicks – don’t use color paper Humor – avoid jokes
1. Prepare • Read Job description / specification • Organization information • Selection process
2. Making Entrance • Smile • Making eye contact with interviewer • Shaking hand
3. Body Language • Set hands free • Cross legs • Avoid refreshments
4. Sell Yourself • Prepare examples and stories • Challenge – what you do - result
5. Questions from interviewer • What are your strengths? • What weaknesses do you have? • Why do you want this job? • What is your future plan?
6. Questions you should ask? • Learning and growing opportunities • Taking own or new initiative
6. Exit • Smile • Thanks!
Reflections & Actions Take few minutes for reflection…. What did you learn? Actions you are going to take…. How you will apply this learning in daily life?
Shiraz Ahmed E: email@example.com fb: shiraz.wasif in: shirazwasif
Discover our advice on job interview preparation, ... You should prepare for a phone interview just as you would for ... keep your CV, application and job ...
Good preparation is essential to a successful job interview. ... Prepare your interview ... on you and a couple of copies of your CV, ...
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE TEMPLATE OF THIS CV TO EASILY PREPARE YOUR OWN BY ... (CV) for a Job Interview. How to Prepare/Organize a Curriculum Vitae (CV) for a Job ...
CV/Interview Tips; Clients. ... MAKE YOUR CV RELEVANT FOR EACH JOB: When looking through a pile of CVs, ... PREPARE: Have confidence in ...
To prepare for a job interview, use these ... CV, and/or references in ... This article taught me how to prepare before a job interview and how to answer ...
Job interview preparation: an essential checklist ... The "tell me about yourself" or "talk me through your CV ... Before the interview Prepare ...
How to get a job Job hunting, CV and interview tips and info; ... Preparing for an interview. ... and ask a few questions to help me prepare."
Tips and advice on how to prepare for an interview including tips for ... How you style your hair for a job interview is almost as important as the ...
Need help with resume to see your CV pull all the right chords ... by landing a proper resume to get you on this job interview. Resume writing help ...
How to: Prepare for an interview. ... comes to interview preparation, the job description is ... for the one who really wanted to prepare for interview!