Published on September 14, 2016
1. Top 10 solutions how to overcome eating disorder (ED)
2. Eating disorder?
3. Here are some solutions
4. 1. Throw out your scale
5. If you decided to recover, you don't need those numbers anymore, as you will learn to love yourself and your body without relating it with your weight.
6. 2. Know your triggers
7. Know your triggers and plan how to deal with them. For example, while exams you could go to a therapy more often or ask for extra support from someone you trust.
8. 3. Find a good psychologist
9. EDs need to be treated seriously, otherwise, they can spoil your life and the lives of people who love you. So better find a good psychologist in your area or online and consult.
10. 4. Don't diet
11. Healthy eating is the eating your body needs, it's not dieting. Instead of focusing on what you shouldn’t eat, focus on tasty and healthy foods that will nutrify your body. Eat when you’re truly hungry, then stop when you’re full.
12. 5. Fill your life with positive activities
13. Try something you’ve always wanted to do but never resolved to, learn something new, etc. The fuller your life is, the fewer thoughts you'll have about your weight and eating.
14. 6. Avoid pro−ana and pro−mia websites
15. These sites are run by people who want to find some reasons and excuses to continue down their destructive way. The “support” they offer is dangerous and will only slow down your recovery.
16. 7. Read "Inner Harvest"
17. "Inner Harvest: Daily Meditations for Recovery from Eating Disorders" by Elisabeth L. is a wonderful book that offers 366 meditation methods for recovery after EDs.
18. 8. Try intuitive eating
19. There is a lot of information about this method in the Internet. It will give you normal attitude towards food, you won't be dieting or have forbidden foods and look and feel your best.
20. 9. Focus on what you like about your body
21. Instead of searching for "imperfections“ while looking in a mirror, recognise the things you like about your look. Do it every day.
22. 10. Avoid strict eating rules
23. For example, if you want to eat less sugar, don’t say “I stop eating sweets”, better say “I won't eat sweets every day” or “I will eat sweets twice a week”.
24. Want to see all (99) solutions? Click here