Published on February 17, 2014
How To Make Your Bathroom Warm This Winter
1. Add A Warm, Fluffy Rug. Many consider carpet in a bathroom to be unhygienic and opt for tiles instead. However, this adds little warmth to your bathroom. By adding a fluffy rug you will give yourself something warm and comfortable to walk across. Tip: Add some double-sided carpet tape to the underside of the rug to ensure it doesn't slip.
2. Re-decorate Wisely. The colour of a bathroom plays a huge impact on the temperature as certain colours will either absorb or repel heat. Instead of choosing a cool cream colour, choose a warm vibrant colour like orange.
3. Bleed The Radiator. If only certain parts of your radiator are warming up, or it’s taking longer than it should to warm up, then chances are your radiator needs bleeding. Using a radiator bleeding key, turn the key anti-clockwise until you hear air passing through the valve (this will be like a hissing sound). Once water starts to come out of the valve, turn the key clockwise to close it.
4. Get A Toasty Heated Towel Rail. Heated towel rails provide a secondary heating source for your bathroom as they are used in conjunction with your central heating system. For maximum practicality, consider a ‘Dual Fuel’ rail - This has an in-built electrical heating element connected to your electrical mains supply. It lets you use the towel rail independent of the central heating system.
5. Install Under Floor Heating Although initially expensive, this will reduce your radiator bills so will eventually pay for itself. This normally involves rolling heated mats under your tiles which can be controlled via an electric thermostat. Under floor heating will ensure an even flow of heat runs across your entire floor.
6. Seal Any Windows Gradually, over time, silicone can deteriorate which can lead to cracks and gaps in your seal. These gaps will inevitably provide areas for heat to escape through, so it's important to ensure there's a tight seal. Hold your hand close to your window. If you feel a draught, then you’ll probably need to re-apply the silicone seal. Applying silicone can be very tricky and messy, but if you follow this simple 8-step guide you can learn how to neatly apply silicone like a professional.
Belief comes through hearing. In order to have belief, we must listen, but we also...
Presentation held at the Etsy Team Captain Summit in Berlin, March 14-16, 2014
Download hack tool @ http://dragoncity.cooldownloadz.com
An how-to build an inexpensive Arduino Board for 5 USD.
step by step guide on how small businesses can start payroll software in -mid-year.
CLC Trendspotting - The Technologies of Makerspaces, presented by Edward Iglesias ...
No one can deny it, stepping out of a warm shower onto a cold tiled floor is the stuff of nightmares. But this need not be an issue, simply follow these 6 ...
How to Keep Your Bathroom Warm this Winter ... or even a pale yellow for that summery look can instantly make your bathroom ‘feel’ warmer just by ...
Top 5 Tips To Keep Your Bathroom Warm. Follow our top 5 tips for how to keep your bathroom warm this winter. We have all had the experience of stepping out ...
During the chilly winter months, the mere thought of stepping out of the shower and onto the bathroom floor is enough to make you shiver. To make your ...
14 Ways To Warm Up Your Bathroom For Winter. ... you can do to make your bathroom toasty in ... hot bathwater warm while you ...
Consider heated floors. One of the most luxurious things you can do to make your bathroom toasty in chilly weather is invest in radiant-heat flooring.
Keep winter's chill out of your bathroom with these 9 products designed to keep you toasty warm. About.com; Autos; ... 9 Tips For a Toasty Warm Bathroom 2.
Warm Up Your Bathroom. ... and rugs are an inexpensive way to make your cold bathroom floor feel warmer. ... from your bathroom and warm up this winter.
How to Make Your Bathroom Comfortable in Winter. ... if your bathroom is spacious enough. Make sure ... there to keep your feet warm when you get out ...