Published on March 1, 2014
A Few Words About PPT—Don McMillan
Learning Targets Discover tricks to make a more interesting and effective PPT presentation. Learn how to insert videos; graphic texts and images. Go beyond PPT and investigate Prezi presentations.
Agenda: Slide Design Graphic Texts (Smart Art) Images Hyperlinks Video
1. Slide Design 0 Keep the slide design consistent and relevant. 0 2 Options: 0 Design Tab (in PPT) 0 Microsoft Online Design Slides 0 Click the button. 0 Choose NEW 0 Choose POWERPOINT SLIDES AND DESIGNS 0 Choose DESIGN SLIDES (BACKGROUNDS)
2. Graphic Texts Simplifies the slide Visually appealing Easy to Read
2. Graphic Texts Cold • Reduce body temperature Tasty These images come from www.iconarchive.com Cheap • Stimulates the taste buds • Often free!
2. Graphic Texts 1. Click the Insert tab. 2. Choose Smart Art 3. Select the graphic text that best represents the information
3. Images 0 2 methods for inserting an image: 0 Copy and Paste from the Internet 0 Insert an image file that is saved on your computer.
3. Images 0 To change the ‘look’ click on the image and then choose FORMAT from the tabs.
3. Images 0 Images should ENHANCE the slide, not distract the audience.
3. Images 0 New Feature in 2010: Removing the Background
4. Hyperlinks 0 Hyperlinks allow you to ‘point’ to another location (i.e. a website, a file, or another point in the presentation) 0 HOW? 0 Highlight the word/phrase (or click on the image). 0 Right click, choose INSERT HYPERLINK 0 Enter the web address; file name or point in the ppt you would like to link to.
4. Hyperlinks 0 More Powerpoint Resources
5. Videos 0 Insert the video from a file. 0 Downside: the video file has to be in the same location (drive) as the PPT. 0 Embed the video (2010 only) 0 From YouTube, copy (CTRL+C) the embed code *click share 0 In PPT, click INSERT, VIDEO FROM FILE. 0 Paste the embed code. 0 Insert a HYPERLINK 0 Insert an image. 0 Right click the image 0 Choose hyperlink 0 Insert the URL of the video.
7. Haiku Deck Free Beautiful Easy • Web2.0 • More pictures. Less text • New. Different
How to Do a Presentation in Class. Two Methods: Planning the Presentation Delivering the Presentation Questions ... Good quotes make a good presentation great.
If you want to know how to do a presentation you've come the ... Make a Presentation Like Steve Jobs ... 6:55 Great Openings and Closings ...
Too many presentations are afflicted by poor planning and poor ... 20 World-Class Presentation Experts Share Their Top Tips. ... Make Great. Tip ...
Tips for Class Presentations. ... Make certain the ... Find out precisely what type of presentation is expected of you—there is a great deal of ...
Prezi makes presentations stand out and get remembered. It’s not just a presentation. ... Give your people the power of great presenting.
How to Make a Great Presentation. Learn It Live is the online learning website that connects the world to experts. Find the best online classes for ...
... College pass on their wisdom about giving presentations in class. ... How to Give a Good Presentation ... A Great Presentation ...
9 Presentation Tips for Students. Create Classroom Presentations ... One of the biggest mistakes students make in classroom presentations, ...
This semester I'm teaching three classes on presentation for undergraduates at my ... How to make a good (or bad) presentation. ... • Use of great ...