Published on October 31, 2018
1. How to make a scientific poster
2. What is the most important/interesting/astounding finding from my research project? How can I visually share my research with conference attendees? Should I use charts, graphs, photos, images? What kind of information can I convey during my talk that will complement my poster?
3. Think of it as a product you are trying to sell
4. Guidelines Important information should be readable from about 10 feet away Word count of about 300 to 800 words Text is clear and to the point Use of bullets, numbering, and headlines make it easy to read Effective use of graphics, color and fonts
5. What to use PowerPoint Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
6. Format Follow the instructions Everything to the point Introduction, case presentation, discussion and conclusion
7. Grid helps you with balance and proportion Use 10% view to see what it would like when printed