Published on March 12, 2014
Anchored In Excellence How To Link Islam To Other Subjects ? By: Mr Abul Qasim HOD Islamic Studies
How To Link Islam To Other Subjects ?
By Ms Shamim Akhtar Translation by Ms Shakila Irfan Quran Recitation
• Mobile Phones on silent • Be HERE • Bags/Devices/School work away from table • Have an open mind • Ask Questions • Listen to learn • Be honest • Be Positive and constructive • Interact and collaborate with others with active participation • Take responsibility for your own learning • Show respect, confidentiality and professionalism Ways of Working
Ice Breaker Participants move around an open space finding people with similar characteristics. Discuss and share, introduce to your pair group 3Min
Think through: How do you think that your subject is so Important?
Why it is important to link Islam to other subjects? Share and Discuss
Learning Objectives To develop understanding and awareness of Islam among the teachers and students throughout the school. To Identify the ways to link Islam to other subjects. To analyse and evaluate the life skills of all subjects to Link Islam. Generalize the QI 2.2
WHAT IS QI2.2? Quality Indicator 2.2
UNDERSTANDING OF ISLAMIC VALUES AND LOCAL, CULTURAL AND GLOBAL AWARENESS. Quality Indicator 2.2
• Students’ appreciation of the role and values of Islam in the society of Dubai • Respect for the heritage and culture within the UAE • Understanding and appreciation of the wider world cultures CONSIDER STUDENTS:
• Islam is not a subject, like math, science, English. it is a religion, the religion for all mankind, • Islam means peace, submission, obedience, surre nder. • Islam is not for Muslims, it is the religion for all human being. • Islam is a complete code of conduct. • it is a complete way of life, which covers every phase of life.
BELIEFS • Believe in Allah • Believe in Angels • Believe in Revealed Books • Believe in Messengers • Believe in The Last Day of Judgment • Believe in Divine destiny (Good and Bad)
PRACTICES: •Shahadah (Believe in One God) •Salah •Zakah •Sawm (Fasting) •Hajj (Pilgrimage)
SALAH/PRAYER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5cHiiyK HY
Zakah/Charity 2.5% on saving to help poor & needy
HAJJ / PILGRIMAGE It is obligatory duty of every rich Muslim to perform once in a life time
SOURCES OF ISLAM TWO MAIN SOURCES OF ISLAM: 1. THE HOLY QURAN 2. SUNNAH OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD(P.B.U.H) . (THE WAY OF LIFE, SAYING, ACTIONS OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD) (P.B.U.H)
There are two Secondary sources of Islam 1-QIYAS (ANALOGY) (Reasoning and Problem solving) 2- IJMA (CONSENSUS) (Scholars Agreed Opinions)
• All the human being are equal. No any superiority of colour or culture, race, tribe • Everyone has a right to live. • Every one respected and valued.
What are the life Skills? Each group discuss and find out some basic skills of life
21st century skills 1. CREATIVITY 2. COLLABORATION 3. COMMUNICATION
Each department find out two familiar situation Skills and two unfamiliar situation Skills
Examples: 1- Zakah 2.5% 2- Inheritance 3- Time Management 4- Prayer 5- Quran 6- Odd numbers. Logical and Mathematical By Dr. Zakir Naik
http://www.harunyahya.com/ Examples: 1- Universe. 2- Human Body. 3-Process of Birth. 4- Brain Quran 5- 360 Bones. 6- Planet. 7- Tiny seeds & tall trees. 8- Mountains & sea. etc.
Examples: 1-Equality of Mankind 2-Institution of the Family 3- Relatives and Neighbors 4- Duties & Rights. 5- Marriage. 6- Islamic History. 7- Culture & Civilization. 8- Heritage. Etc.
Examples: 1- Quran, The Holy book of Muslims is translated into each language. 2- Stories. 3- Poems. 4- Dialogues. 5- Vocabulary. 6- Dictionary. 7- Translation. Etc.
http://www.harunyahya.com/ http://www.harunyahya.com/miracles_of_the_quran_01.php http://www.harunyahya.com/c_refutation_darwinism.php http://www.harunyahya.com/c_refutation_atheism.php http://www.harunyahya.com/c_design_nature.php Miracles of the Noble Quran. Video files. http://www.harunyahya.com/c_miracles_quran.php http://www.harunyahya.com/c_quran_archaeology.php http://www.harunyahya.com/c_myth_called_matter.php
Dr. Zakir Naikwww.drzakirnaik.com www.thetruecall.com www.youtube.com/I Slslaslamandfriends
Thank you I am very thankful to our Principal Mrs. Lalitha Suresh for providing the opportunity to conduct this workshop, A great Thanks to AMOL Ma’am Who trained me for this event, I thank Islamic teachers who supported and cooperated all the times, I thank you all who attended and encouraged me, thank you all.
• Some of the lessons from the Qur'an that apply to our day to day lives: • 1. Respect and honour all human beings irrespective of their religion, colour, race, sex, language, status, property, birth, profession/job and so on -- http://islamawakened.com/Quran/17/70 • 2. Talk straight, to the point, without any ambiguity or deception -- http://islamawakened.com/Quran/33/70 • 3. Choose best words to speak and say them in the best possible way -- http://islamawakened.com/Quran/17/53 , -- http://islamawakened.com/Quran/2/83 • 4. Do not shout. Speak politely keeping your voice low. -- http://islamawakened.com/Quran/31/19 • 5. Always speak the truth. Shun words that are deceitful and ostentatious -- http://islamawakened.com/Quran/22/30 • 6. Do not confound truth with falsehood -- http://islamawakened.com/Quran/2/42 • 7. Say with your mouth what is in your heart -- http://islamawakened.com/Quran/3/167 • 8. Speak in a civilised manner in a language that is recognised by the society and is commonly used -- http://islamawakened.com/Quran/4/5 •
Islam links Annuaire des sites islamiques دليل المواقع ...
Link Islam Survey. Do you believe Hijab is compulsory for women within Islam?
Link To Islam provides content such as Islamic Articles, muslim boys and girls names and their meanings and other information all related to Islam.
FREE QURAN. Help give Free Qurans. Join www.AllahsQuran.com "Real" Islam Newsroom. Many stories of new Muslims. Exposing liars who attack Islam, Quran ...
Der Deutsche Kulturrat hat ein umfangreiches Dossier zum Islam veröffentlicht. Namhafte Autoren unterschiedlicher Religionen aus Politik, Wissenschaft ...
Browse for free 1,000+ Quality Islamic Books, Journals & Articles in multiple languages. Learn about Islam and the Muslim peoples. Understand Sunni & Shia.
Islam is often seen as having the simplest doctrines of the major religions. Its most fundamental concept is a rigorous monotheism, called ...
Der Islam ist eine der großen Weltreligionen, ... Permanenter Link 30. September 2015 - 16:34. Glaubt die Türkei an den Islam? Wenn ja, warum? - Regenbogen.
Answering Islam Deutschland ist eine christliche Website, die sich zum Ziel gesetzt hat, einerseits Christen den Islam zu erklären und andererseits ...
Über 4000 Dokumente, Kommentare, Interviews und Recherchen der letzten 6 Jahre sind ab sofort öffentlich auf islam.de unter textfabrik.islam.de zugänglich