Published on March 14, 2014
HOW TO INTRODUCE YOUR DOG TO A NEW PITBULL PUPPY
Bringing a pitbull puppy home can bring you and your current dog lots of enjoyment & companionship.
If you’re worried about the two dogs meeting each other, don’t worry! Here are four tips to help you introduce your dogs and maximize the potential for a great friendship!
1. Arrange a Meet and Greet on Neutral Ground
Arrange an introduction with your new pup and existing dog (both leashed) at a place where neither dog would consider its territory 1.
2. Do What is “Normal” For Your Family
2. After the dogs meet, it’s time to bring your new pitbull pup home! Be sure to maintain normalcy for your existing dog and integrate the new pup into those habits.
3. Be Mindful of Any “Hot” Zones
3. Don’t be alarmed if your existing dog gets a little jealous, after all, it was their home first. Keep an eye on their interactions to see if there are any trigger zones. If a problem occurs, keep their routines separate for a while until they learn how to get along.
4. Continuously Work on Building Bonds
4. As a bond forms between your dogs and yourself, they’ll feel more comfortable and learn their boundaries. Build bonds by playing with your dogs, devoting attention to them, training and teaching them, and letting them play individually and together.
With Summer soon on the way, it's important to know how to properly care for our d...
East Valley Institute of Technology (EVIT) PM class, learn Pet CPR and First Aid!
Best pet and house sitters in Naples, Florida! They provide the top pet care in so...
... tips for introducing a puppy to your dog. ... Introduce a NEW DOG to Your Other ... Pitbull teaches an American Bully Puppy Respect in ...
Introducing puppy to ... where I showed her how to introduce her new puppies to the very dog ... your puppy and senior dogs get along ...
A puppy can give an older dog a new lease on life. ... How to Introduce Your Puppy to the Older Resident Dog; How to Introduce Your Puppy to the Older ...
When you're introducing a new puppy to the resident four ... Bringing Home A New Puppy Introducing A New Puppy To Your Dog Aggression in Puppies ...
You can teach your dog to tolerate the new puppy using the same clicker training principles you use to teach your dog to sit and lie down.
Find out how to introduce a new dog into your home with your Pit Bull. ... Buying A Pitbull Puppy ... Pitbull Training How To Introduce New Dogs to Pitbulls .
If you're thinking about getting a new pitbull puppy but are weary about your current dog, here are some tips to help maximize the potential a great ...
How to Introduce a Puppy to Your Older Dog. Should you get a puppy if you have an older dog? By. ... These dogs will not magically fall for a new puppy ...
Introducing a pitbull to other dogs is a video that show how to work ... How to introduce a dog ... How to Train Your Dog to NOT PULL ...
... if you’re considering adding a new dog to your pack, ... A new member of the pack. ... Rehabilitating a puppy mill dog.