Published on June 14, 2019
1. How to Find a Perfect Chinese Manufacturer or Supplier for Your Product?
2. Major Points 1. What are you looking for? 2. Domestic vs. Overseas Suppliers 3. Where to begin your search? 4. Requesting a quote 5. Negotiating minimum order quantities 6. Have you found your supply partner?
3. • When we refer to Chinese suppliers, we’re referring to anyone who has the capability to provide you with products and inventory. This encompasses manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors. • There are a ton of helpful resources online which you can find on Google. But before you begin, there are a few things you should know and decide. 1: What are you looking for?
4. • When looking for suppliers if you plan to manufacture or wholesale, you’ll need to decide whether you want to source domestically or from overseas. Overseas can refer to any location abroad. • Overseas suppliers are located in Asian countries like China, India and Taiwan. That’s because it’s often cheaper to source your products overseas, especially in these countries. • Both domestic and overseas sourcing have their advantages and disadvantages: 2: Domestic vs. Overseas Suppliers
5. Advantages • Higher manufacturing quality and labor standards. • Easier communication with no language barrier. • Easier to verify reputable manufacturers. • Faster shipping time. • Greater payment security and recourse. Disadvantages • Higher manufacturing costs. • Less product choice (there are many items that just aren’t made in North America anymore). 2.1: Domestic Sourcing
6. Advantages • Lower manufacturing costs. • High number of manufacturers to choose from. • One-stop services like Alibaba have made it easy to navigate suppliers. Disadvantages • Lower perceived quality from customers. • Difficult/costly to verify manufacturer and visit on-site. • Longer shipping time. • Cultural differences in business practices. • Product importation and customs clearance. • Less payment security and recourse. 2.2: Overseas Sourcing
7. Now that you have a better idea of exactly what you're looking for, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of domestic vs. overseas sourcing, where do you begin your search? Naturally, the internet is the best place to start, but there are a few places in particular that can help with your search: Directories Google Local library Referrals 3: Where to begin your Search?
8. • Once you've found a suitable supplier, it’s time to approach them. The biggest question you’re going to have is “how much?” but before you hastily send the supplier your request for quotation, plan what you want to say and the questions you need to ask. 4: Requesting a Quote What is your minimum order quantity? What is your sample pricing? What is your production pricing? What is your turnaround time? What are your payment terms?
9. • If you’re looking for a supplier for the first time, you're going to quickly learn about minimum order quantities (MOQs). It’s not uncommon for a manufacturer to require a commitment to purchase hundreds or even thousands of units for your first order depending on the product and manufacturer. 5: Negotiating Minimum Order Quantities
10. • Sourcing suppliers and manufacturers is a unique process, and for many, a new experience. • It's easy to get frustrated when you hit dead ends or brick walls but in most cases, it just requires a little more patience and perseverance to find the perfect partner for your new business. 6: Have you found your supply partner?
11. Contact Us Noviland Inc Address: 901 Campisi Way Ste.355 Campbell, CA, 95008 Phone: (800) 835-8601 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.noviland.com