Published on October 3, 2017
1. HOW TO DECIDE ON THE RIGHT CAR TO BUY FOR YOUR NEEDS 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying a New Car
2. 1. TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT YOUR BUDGET Knowing what you can afford to spend is crucial. What type of payment can you afford that won't put a bind in your lifestyle? You will also have to take into consideration who will be driving the car and what insurance will cost. It will be more cost effective to insure a sedan than a sports car, especially if you have a young driver in your household.
3. 2. KNOW YOUR NEEDS How many people are in your family? Do you have a large pet or carry large items during your daily activities? What type of gas mileage are you looking to get in your new car? Gas efficiency and seating capacity are normally the two determining factors when it comes to buying a new car. If you use your car to carpool for work, you will need to be able to seat at least people comfortably. The same is true if you have a large family.
4. 3. RESEARCH MAINTENANCE COSTS What are the monthly and yearly projected maintenance costs? Regular oil changes, tire rotations and any other maintenance tasks should be taken into consideration. Do you plan on doing the work yourself or taking it back to the dealership each time? Doing the maintenance on your own may save you a few dollars, but it can also void parts of your warranty. Look into what it will cost to have the dealership perform the regular maintenance and use that figure as a base for your information.
5. 4. BUYING OR LEASING Do you want to be able to drive the car for a long time or do you want to choose a different car in a year or two? Buying the car gives you the opportunity to keep the car for as long as you want. Leasing allows you to return it after the lease runs out and move into a newer vehicle that may better suit your needs. The price for both is often relatively the same when you add in the down payment, monthly payment and any fees that are included at the time of signing, so determine which works best for you.
6. 5. SCHEDULE A TEST DRIVE Before you make your final decision, schedule a test drive to see just how well you like being in the car. Pay attention to how it handles and how you feel when you are driving.
7. TEST DRIVE A NEW CHEVY VEHICLE TODAY! https://www.valleychevy.com