Published on March 7, 2014
How to Overcome Your Fear of Shooting Street Photography Eric Kim
What is street photography to you?
What fears do you have when it comes to shooting street photography?
The Psychology of Fear in Street Photography
The Fears I used to Have in Street Photography
“If your photos aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough” - Robert Capa
Street Photography GoPro POV • Beverly Hills POV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLIdKA9LZ94& feature=c4-overviewvl&list=PLE5DD74991A61FF7F
Tips to Conquer Your Fear of Shooting Street Photography
1. Smile and say: “Thank You”
2. Realize you’re not doing anything wrong
3. Think about the worst-case scenario
4. When in doubt, “click”
5. Ask for permission
6. Talk with people afterwards “It is more important to click with people than to click the shutter.” - Alfred Eisenstaedt“
7. Shoot with a friend
8. Compliment people (or explain why you took the photo)
9. Show them the photo (and offer to email it to them/business card)
10. Don’t photograph their face
How to Be Invisible When Shooting on the Streets
1. Pretend you are taking a photo of something behind them
2. The “Video Camera” technique
3. The “Lost Tourist” technique
4. Click, hold, then move
5. Use a small camera
6. Zone focus
6. Zone focus • Example settings: • Aperture-priority mode (or manual) • Aperture: f/8-f/16 • ISO: 400-3200 • Distance: ~1.2 meters • Shutter speed: Minimum 250th/sec (not blurry)
7. Use a wide-angle prime lens
8. Thoughts on “Shooting from the Hip”
Google my free E-Book
Assignment Ideas 1. 5 yes’ & 5 no’s 2. .7 meter challenge (Satoki Nagata) 3. 100 stranger portrait series (Danny Santos) 4. Shoot people through windows 5. Tourist in your own city
If you want to conquer your fear of shooting street photography, ... Hosted by Gulf Photo Plus ... Conquer Your Fears of Shooting in the Streets ...
How to Overcome Your Fear of Shooting Street Photography. ... experience to provide practical tips on how to overcome your fear of shooting ...
Conquering Your Fear of Shooting in the Streets. Instructor Eric Kim. Level Photography - Confident Beginner . Date(s) Thu, Mar 13, 2014 ...
10 Lessons Street Photography Has ... Tonight at 7:00pm at Gulf Photo Plus is the opening ... How to Conquer Your Fear of Shooting Street ...
Maybe you fear failure, change or ... and control your reaction, move up to photos of ... suited to conquer social anxiety. You will surely appreciate the ...
Offers product reviews, forums, how to's, and features on photography. Also includes subscription information.
See photos and updates from friends in News Feed. ... By clicking Sign Up, you agree to our Terms and that you have read our Data Policy, ...
Don't waste too much time studying "photography." Most "photo ... Rarely do they teach you how to ... Forget this if you are shooting print ...