Published on March 4, 2014
How to Choose the Best Bed Sheets Do you remember when all bed sheets were white cotton? If so, you're probably amazed at how many options are on the market now. You can add color, style, and pattern to your bedroom with the newest bedding. Read here what you should do and know before you spend your money to buy new bed sheets.
1. Find out what size bedding you need. Queen and King are the easiest bedding sheet sets you can have, while Full and Californian King are harder to find. Twin bedding sets are usually made for small children or single-person beds. Some college and summer camp beds are "extra-long," but you might have to special order these.
2. Think about what theme you want. Would you want a simple stripe, polka dots, or a floral design? If you already have a room, think of its theme and colors-especially of the walls. Remember that the bedding the the first thing people will see when they walk into a bedroom, so it makes a longer impression.
3. Pay attention to what the sheets you're buying are made out of. Cotton or cotton blends are usually the best choice. Flannel keeps you warm in the winter, but if you keep your house at 60 degrees or warmer at night, you'll be too hot in flannel sheets. Polyester satin might seem like fun, but it can be tacky and weird.
4. Pay attention to the weave of the cotton if you're buying cotton. You can choose from standard, pinpoint, sateen and satin weaves. Sateen feels nice and is good for guest bedding that is not going to be used daily but it isn't quite as durable as say pinpoint for daily use. Satin looks nice and is good for pillowcases (less wear and tear on your hair) but not for bed sheets as they do not stay on the bed, are slippery and do not breathe or absorb moisture as well as standard and pinpoint weaves.
5. Check the "thread count" on the label. Thread count refers to the density of the weave in threads per square inch. The higher the thread count, the more expensive the sheets (because more material, spun more finely, is needed to make them), but higher thread count is also better quality. At minimum the thread count should be 175-200 but for nicer feeling sheets aim for 350. Be careful about sheets that claim high thread counts as they may be sheets with threads spun together and then woven. The result may be a label that reads "500 thread count" but feels like 250.
6. Most sheet sets come with a fitted sheet, a top sheet, and one or two pillowcases. You'll also need to buy a blanket and/or comforter.
7. You have a choice between comforters: Ones with removable covers and ones that don't. Pick a comforter that matches the sheets,the bedroom walls and best suits your bedding wash regimen.
8. Washing: Some comforters can be washed in home washing machines if the machine is large enough. Some comforters however may require that you to take them to be dry cleaned or to a laundromat (laundromats tend to have a few larger machines for this purpose.) Be patient and follow the care directions. If washing at home or laundromat, don't use harsh detergents and use the extra rinse cycle. When it comes to drying the comforter in the dryer, toss a tennis ball or two into the dryer with the comforter and allow the comforter to take 3-4 hours to dry.
For Bed sheet, Fitted sheet, Flat Sheet, Pillow Shams and best quality bed linens log on to http://www.indianity.com
How to Choose the Best Bed Sheets Four things you need to know before investing in your next dreamy set.
How To Choose The Perfect Bedsheets. ... labels and choose the sheets that will suit you best. ... bed, for instance), buy fitted sheets, ...
Here is how to choose the best bed linens that money can buy. ... How To Choose Perfect Bed Linens. ... How do you choose your bed sheets?
How to Choose the Perfect Bedsheets. ... to help you decode the labels and choose the sheets that will suit you best. ... Best Bed Sheets of ...
5 Tips for Choosing Bed Linens. ... The type of material you choose for your sheets has everything to do with personal preference. ... The best quality ...
How to choose the best bed sheet. ... How to buy Quality Bed Sheets/Linen on a budget at a ... How to choose your bed linen with ...
5 Tips For Choosing the Best Bed Sheets for Summer You Guessed it! ... Choose Quality – When you choose silk bed sheets, ...
How to Choose the Best Sheets. ... weaves and thread counts to choose from, ... Bed Sheets Only: ...
How to Select Bed Sheets. Community Q&A. Selecting the right bedding can help lead to comfortable sleep. ... Choose what is comfortable to sleep on. 4.
We spend up to a third of our lives sleeping, so it’s important to choose great bed sheets that are comfortable and durable. To find the best, we ...