Published on January 20, 2014
Installing computer hardware. By George Smith-Moore
• This presentation will show you how to install upgrades for your computer. • It will also explain different parts of the computer. What this presentation entitles
This is an example of RAM, It fits into the slots below by sliding in, and then using the two clips (one on either side) to fasten it into place. RAM
This is the RAM being fastened in place, as described by previous slide. RAM
• RAM is needed in an computer to store short term memory, it runs programs. • To upgrade RAM simply remove the old RAM and place compatible new RAM in. • RAM stands for Random-Access, RAM
I will be exchanging the NIC (network interface card), with a wireless NIC, the picture shows the area which the ‘old’ NIC is housed. NIC
This is the wireless NIC now in the NIC’s place, to do this you had to open the green lever, and slide the NIC out. NIC
• The NIC is used to connect to the internet or network, the wireless NIC is the same but it does so wirelessly. • To attach them to the system you have to have a spare PCI, PCIe, or PCIe 2.0; Some may require x16 bus whereas some may only need x1 bus. NIC
The Optical Drive (CD/DVD drive), it is easy to take out, and may need to be replaced, either because it has broken or because you want extras such as Blu-Ray or re-write ability. OPTICAL DRIVE
As you can see this is broken, so it had to be replaced, disconnect all cables and push in the side clips, whilst pulling out. OPTICAL DRIVE
• Once you place the new drive in connect all of the required cables and it’s good to go. • The drive allows you to read disks of various formats. OPTICAL DRIVE
The HDD is where you store all of your data permanently. HDD
I have pushed the correct cables into the HDD, and Motherboard. This will allow connection between the computer and it’s data. HDD
• The HDD or SSD which could be an upgrade, are placed in the HDD cage. • The cable attached to the HDD has now been replaced by the SATA cable, it is smaller and it allows faster data transfer.
Belief comes through hearing. In order to have belief, we must listen, but we also...
Presentation held at the Etsy Team Captain Summit in Berlin, March 14-16, 2014
Download hack tool @ http://dragoncity.cooldownloadz.com
An how-to build an inexpensive Arduino Board for 5 USD.
step by step guide on how small businesses can start payroll software in -mid-year.
CLC Trendspotting - The Technologies of Makerspaces, presented by Edward Iglesias ...
COMPUTER BILD ist Deutschlands großes Technik-Portal für Tests, Kaufberatung, News, kostenlose Downloads und Ratgeber. Egal ob Sie sich für Notebooks, ...
Build Guides. Building your own PC and need ideas on where to get started? Explore our build guides, ... MSI is giving away two PCPartPicker part lists, ...
Have you ever thought about building your own computer? Actually buying a motherboard and a case along with all the supporting components and assembling ...
Building a computer from scratch gives you the perfect machine for your needs, but it can be daunting the first time around. Here's our complete guide ...
Today I show you how to build a computer. Building a computer has many advantages. For starters you will save thousands of dollars, you also ...
ChooseMyPC.net. This website was created as a means to help beginners to pick their parts to build their ... down part choices for a gaming computer.
COMPUTER BILD hat 24 Energiespender für Handy & Co. getestet und stellte fest: Alle Hersteller schummeln bei den Leistungsangaben! Windows 10 mobile: ...
How to Build Your Own PC. By Matthew Murray. June 3, 2015 ; 10 Comments; ... (CPU), or processor, the "brain" of the computer that, well, ...
... Click here for How to Build a PC Part 2 : ... Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 1 - Choosing Your Components - Duration: 24:33.
Save more with Build.com/Deals. FREE Standard Ground Shipping on Orders over $49. It's home improvement season. welcome fall. September deals save up to 55%.