Published on October 15, 2014
1. ACTIVATING BUS STOPS Reverie! Affection! Laughter!
2. ACTIVATING BUS STOPS Smile! Play! Kiss!
3. What are we talking about doing? Bus Stops. Public Spaces.
4. What is the goal of this project? First, alleviate one or more problems that affect specific bus stops, e.g. graffiti, litter, crime, rider complaints, environmental exposure, or low ridership. Second, bolster the image of two partners, the city, the Port Authority, and the transit system within the region and the PWPB audience. Third, stimulate sociability, engagement, and excitement in the surrounding neighborhood.
6. Local Precedents Highmark’s Community Blue healthcare kept commuters warm this winter with heated bus shelters.
7. Yahoo Bus Derby | San Francisco Yahoo! pit commuting neighborhoods against one another in interactive game play. The winner got the glory and a chance to host their own block party with rock band, OK Go!
8. Omaha Gives! & MidCentury Chic | Omaha Omaha By Design converted a University bus shelter into a comfortable living room you wanted to stay in.
9. Victoria Bug Zoo & Bug Eyes | Victoria, BC The interactive display at this shelter let commuters stop, look, and see the world from a new angle.
10. Pepsi Max & AR Freak Out | London By adding a hologram to the bus shelter, the ridership was treated to a commute full of adventure.
11. Samsung & Surfing | Amsterdam Commuters were given the opportunity to “ride the waves.”
12. MacBook Air & Swing | London Waiting for the bus is much more palatable, when you’re swinging!
13. Osmosis of the Boulevard Diderot | Paris This Parisian bus activation goes beyond the station and uses Placemaking to make the station a destination in its own right.
14. Pittsburgh can take Thinking Beyond the Stop even further Pittsburgh can raise the bar when it comes to transit Placemaking by making it a strategy for improving neighborhoods and accomplishing transit agency goals.
15. PROPOSED PROCESS
16. Doable & Worthwhile Select 2 bus stops to be activated. Identify potential partners. Host a Placemaking workshop at each stop. Develop & approve activation plans. Activation in place from Sept 8-11 (at least). Evaluate the activations with conference participants in a mobile session. Produce a brief summary report.
• Presentación realizada por Verónica Lango Reynoso (candidata a PhD. en Ciencias ...
The Crisis of Journalism Reconsidered: Cultural Power Barcelona, Spain | May 1-3...
We often hear that a presentation needs a good story. But the tricky part is ...
La marcatura CE degli aggregati prodotti in un impianto di soil washing: i control...
Hermosillo, Sonora.- Para fortalecer la industria engordadora y que la producción ...
Title: How Placemaking Can Transform Transit Facilities into Vibrant Destinations Track: Prosper, Place Format: 60 minute panel Abstract: A transit station ...
... Hillsborough County Public Schools This run is issued for students who are eligible for transportation services into a ... Share Armwood Bus Stops.