Published on December 12, 2016
1. How Do I Keep My Laptops Battery In Good Health? SafeBytes Software
2. From the time of their introduction, laptops have proven to be revolutionary computing devices. The first laptop, the Osborne 1, was introduced in 1981. Their status has only grown ever since. But, what is it that makes laptops so popular? Keep Your Laptop's Drivers Up to Date Before interrogating the reasons why laptops have turned out to be so popular, it is important to first understand that they, just like their desktop counterparts, rely on drivers to work properly. The drivers that are on your PC are the only way through which components, such as mice, keyboards and sound cards, communicate with the Operation System. They should, therefore, be kept up to date, as a way of ensuring the continued smooth function of your computer. You can do this using DriverAssist from SafeBytes. DriverAssist is a light weight device driver’s manager that works in the background to keep your computer running like new by scanning, reviewing and updating all its drivers.
3. Why Are Laptops So Popular? Laptops have turned out to be as popular as they are today due to the simple fact that they are portable and allow for computing to be carried out on the go. If there is anything that you need to work on, you can do it almost anywhere using a laptop. It’s All About Batteries A big factor contributing to this portability is that laptops come with their own sources of power; their batteries. All that you need to do to keep yours going is make sure that its battery is still in good working condition and has a full charge. How Long Can Laptop Batteries Last? Most new laptop batteries today average 3 to 5 hours on a single charge. You can also expect the battery that is on your laptop to be charged and discharged up to 400 times, after which it begins to deteriorate. This number of charges is usually reached after 1 or 2 years, depending on how often you use your laptop.
4. How to Keep Your Laptop Battery In Good Shape While it is inevitable that the battery that is on your laptop will need to be replaced at some point in the future, you can do a lot to postpone this by taking good care of it. There are several ways through which a laptop battery can be made to last longer; Never Allow the Battery to Be Fully Discharged Allowing the battery to become fully discharged is one sure way of giving it a shorter lifespan. Fortunately, most laptops today have a cutoff point, after which they will automatically shut off to stop the battery from getting fully discharged. Keep Your Laptop Cool Keeping your laptop cool helps extend the life of both the battery and the laptop. Consider Removing the Battery.
5. Laptops have been designed to work, even without their batteries, if they are plugged into a power source. If you intend to use yours in this way, consider removing the battery to preserve its life. Scan, Review and Update Your Drivers Using DriverAssist We recommend that you keep your computer running smoothly by constantly updating its drivers. SafeBytes DriverAssist is a device driver manager that simplifies this crucial task. It does this by scanning, identifying and updating all the drivers that are on your computer, thus keeping it healthy. SafeBytes is a Microsoft Accredited Partner, which makes DriverAssist safe for use on your PC. Scan and review your computer with DriverAssist today, for an amazing boost in performance.