Published on October 30, 2018
1. HISTORY OF ELECTRICITY VOLTAGE SOURCE TO PRESENT AC SYSTEMS
2. IMAGINE WORLD WITH ELECTRICITY WORLD WITHOUT ELECTRICITY
3. • In this period, the electricity was an unknown form of energy • People known only about Shocks which were developed by some aquatic animals…. And very few known about static electricity, people who ever know about this are treated as magicians as they could bring small flames or attract pieces of papers by the Static Electricity.
4. HOKSPISONS MACHINE (1700’s) Used to generate Static Electricity THIS MACHINE IS USED TO DEVELOP STATIC ELECTRICITY AND LEAD TO MANY DEVELOPMENTS IN THE FIELD OF ELECTRICITY. ALSO WHEN EVERY THIS MACHINE USED IN A DARK ROOM IT WOULD ILLUMINATE BLUE LIGHTINGS WHEN A HAND WAS PLACE
5. Show by Stephen Gray, through which he differentiated Insulators and Conductors and concluded that Electricity can move through conductors.
6. LIGHTEN JARby Petervan Misunburg(1740’s) •It was the fastest known invention in the 1740’s •It was spread all over the world •Lighten jar could shock the persons touching it’s tip store electric charge but for only few days •But no one knows the reason for shock
7. KITE EXPERIMENT BY BENJAMAN FRANKLIN •IN MAY 1752, GEORGE LOIUE HAVE CONDUCTED AN EXPERIMENT USING THIS CONCEPT •THROUGH WHICH HE STORED THE THUNDER ENGERY INTO THE JAR WHICH WAS SIMILAR TO LIGHTEN JAR. •Concluded that thunder was form of elecricity •THESE TWO EXPERIMENTS LED TO DEVELOPMENT OF capacitors
8. Henry cavandist • This is model of Topido fish developed by him which is made by using 2 lighten jar by it used to spark. • But he observed that this power generated by lighten jar is high current and low potential. And the power generated by fish was high voltage and low currents
9. GALVANI • 30TH OCTOBER 1786,HE PUBLISHED A BOOK WHICH SAYS THAT WHEN THE DEAD FROG IS PLACED BETWEEN TWO COPPER WIRES IT WOULD SLIGHTLIGHLY JUMP • AND HE TERMED IT AS “ANIMAL ELECTRICITY”. AND SENT ONE COPY TO VOLTA, WHO OPPOSED THE IDEA OF ANIMAL ELECTRICITY AT IT’S INTIAL DAYS…
10. VOLTA • TO OPPOSE THE ANIMAL ELECTRICITY, HE CONDUCTED EXPERIMENTS AND FINALLY CAME UP WITH A INVENTION… • THE “Electric pile” • It was the first battery • So he proved that animals are not generating electricity.
11. • This voltaic pile made Volta famous, which made to measure electric potiential in “volts”. • And also this pile used to head metals which give rise to different gases and this lead to development of fields like chemistry…
12. HumpHry davy in the 19th century in A dark room he connected number of voltaic piles and The joined the ends of the Total connected piles which, Generate a huge spark for Some time, which is light. It is arc light
13. ORESTED IN 1820 •HE OBSERVED THAT WHEN CURRENT CARRING WIRE WAS BROUGHT NEAR MAGNETIC COMPASS IT ROTATED.. •THIS LEAD TO KNOW THE RELATION BETWEEN ELECTRICITY AND MAGNATISIM
14. MICHEL FARADAY • he had made orsterd experiment again, but he used fixed magnet and current carrying copper wire suspended to hook which rotated and this is the earliest electric motor. • also,17 october 1831 he made an experiment which produced electric power by mechanical energy, and lead to faraday’s laws. •This gave the idea of developing prime movers by electricity which will replace the existing steam machine at that time
15. THOMAS ALWA EDISON •HE INVENTED ELECTRIC BULB, IT WAS ALSO PARALLEL DEVELOPED BY SWAN WHO JOINED WITH. •EDISON ALSO INVENTED THE DC POWER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM THROUGH WHICH HE MADE (ELECTRIC LIGHT) BULBS INSTALLED IN EVERY HOUSE.
16. NIKOLA TESLA •AS THE DC SYSTEM OF EDISON INVOLVES MORE COSTS AS IT NEEDS MORE GENERATING STATIONS BECAUSE DC CANNOT BE TRANSFERRED TO LONG DISTANCES. •TO OVERCOME THIS DISADVANTAGE HE DEVELOPED AC SYSTEM OF POWERWHICH IS STILL IN USE TODAY .
17. CONCLUSION • THE DEVELOPMENT OF ELECTRICITY WAS DONE BY MANY GREAT PERSONS WHO MADE A LARGE DIFFERENCE AND MADE OUR LIFE SIMPLE TODAY.