Published on March 16, 2016
1. High Resolution Multibeam Survey and Mobile Laser Scanning - Comprehensive Information for Port and Waterfront Infrastructure Management and Maintenance Kari Pohjola, Meritaito Ltd OSLO 14.3.2016
2. Company information Mobile survey unit Typical surveys and results SeaHow surveys as a part of on- going maintenance cycle Other SeaHow products References a brand of
3. Meritaito Ltd. • Established 1.1.2010 • Built on knowledge and technology of former Finnish Maritime Administration • Decades of experience in maritime environmental and infrastructure services • Turnover 31 M€, personnel 220 (2014) • 100% Finnish state owned company • Local partner In Norway:
4. Polyethylene buoys Oil Recovery Services and Equipment Underwater Investigations Hydrographic Surveys Fairway Maintenance SURVEYS AND PLANNING CONSTRUCTION MAINTENANCE Sea bed investigations Wide range of services Domestic market leader Active operations abroad
5. Responsibility and safety - a natural part of our services All SeaHow by Meritaito processes are evalued and developed according the principles of continuous development Meritaito water contractor works fullfills standards for high quality contsracttion works Meritaito works actively to improve Finlands goal to be in future a leading CleanTech operator Katakri National security certification Meritaito has agreement wit national security administration which fulfils these national and international criteria
6. Mobile survey boat Equipped with high-end survey tools High-resolution multibeam Sonarhead mounted to tiltable arm Laser scanner Scanner to be mounted when needed RTK positioning Latest survey software
7. Basic inspections for harbour infrastructure for the benefit of maintenance management 1. Multibeam and low frequency surveys in harbour basin 2. Underwater infrastructure inspections with multibeam 3. Abovewater structure documentation: Laser scanning, photographing and/or visual inspection 3. 3. 2. 2. 1.
8. Traditional hydrographic survey compared to infrastructure surveys To make hydrographic charts you don´t use all information you can get from MBES surveys To study objects and bottom formations you need to use all benefits of MBES survey technology To get good underwater picture of your quay walls and another underwater infrastructure you need to use all benefits of MBES survey technology Software typically used for sounding charts (like AutoCad, Microstation etc.) cannot handle all data available from MBES technology
9. Port of Rauma Around 3,4 km of quay walls in total Around 30m wide strip of seabed to be surveyed Report is based on visual inspection of post-processed data by engineers
10. ANALYZE AND REPORTING 1. Underwater objects 2. Scouring, sedimentation 3. Structures
11. Port of Rauma scouring and slope deformation of slope Metal plate and pipelie in basin holes in quay wall
12. Other projects scouring and slope deformation shallow areas in front of quay wall holes in quay wall Hole in sheetpile wall, concrete block in bottom Hole in concrete pilar, erosion in bottom
13. Other projects scouring and slope deformation shallow areas in front of quay wall holes in quay wall Erosion repair under quay, new scouring in slope beside quay Concrete foundation on solid rock
14. Port of Uusikaupunki Port clearance Slope conditions Cross section of the slope Detailed hydrographic chart
15. Breakwater: -as build -documentation www.seahow.fi As build survey for breakwater As build survey for breakwater Boulders in breakwater
16. Bridge surveys: -as build -documentation Scour protection is missing
17. Särkisalo bridge and road embankment Nov 2011: As built inspection of embankment slopes and bridge channel
18. Särkisalo bridge and road embankment Jan 2012: Winter storm damaged road embankment Storm damage evaluation Data example; before and after storm
19. Crusell bridge Clearance and underwater security dam check
20. Next 5 years Every 5th year Next 5 years Next 5 years Basic Inspection every 5th year Basic Inspection every 5th year Detailed suplementary inspections Detailed suplementary inspections Maintenance planning Maintenance planning Maintenance works Maintenance works Basic inspection and documentation • multibeam surveys • mobile laser scanning • visual inspection • Reporting 1.Underwater objects 2.Scouring, sedimentation 3.Structures SeaHow surveys as part of on-going maintenance cycle Supplementary inspections and maintenance planning for next five years I. Detailed inspections • Diving, ROV inspection • Scanning sonar inspection • Samples • Material testing • Other investigations II. Detailed maintenance program
21. SeaHow Navigation Buoys and Smart Solutions Complete product portfolio for all buoying needs Smart Buoy conceptOffshore Buoy Coastal Buoy Ice Buoy Port Buoy River Buoy Ballast ed Spar Buoy Tensioned Spar Buoy Spar Buoy with a float New approach Dia D Area A Dia 5 D Area 25 A ”Semi-submerged Floater” ”Conventional Wave Rider” Customized options Cost-effective solution Robust structure Superior expertise Better performance
22. SeaHow oil recovery equipment and solutions PRODUCT PORTFOLIO WITH NEXT GENERATION TECHNOLOGY COMPATIBILITY Harnessing existing vessels into OSR. Deployment easy and fast. KNOWLEDGE AND SPEED Local response knowledge and large fleet of smaller vessels to improve oil spill recovery. ABILITY TO COLLECT ALL TYPES OF OILS Adjustable & Quick to change brush- comb design, patented solution. MaxiBaggerMiniBagger LightScooper MiniSkimmer MaxiSkimmer MidiSkimmer OffshoreSkimmer DualBrusher
23. References in Norway and Finland Quay inspections in Kirkenes for Kirkenes Havn, Kimek As and Henriksen Shipping in Norway. Multibeam survey of ten quay structures, one breakwater and sea bottom in quay area, laser scanning and reporting. 2015 Quay inspections in Vadsö Havn in Norway. Multibeam survey of five quay structures and sea bottom in quay area, laser scanning and reporting. 2015 Quay inspections in Skjervöy Havn in Norway. Multibeam survey of seven quay structures and sea bottom in quay area, laser scanning and reporting. 2015 Quay inspections in Larvik for Larvik Municipality, Larvik Havn and Color Line in Norway. Multibeam survey of quay structures and sea bottom in quay area, laser scanning. Commissioned by VRT Finland. 2015 Quay inspections in Grenland Havn in Norway. Multibeam survey of quay structures and sea bottom in quay area, laser scanning. Commissioned by VRT Finland. 2015 Karleby hamn, MBES och laser, alla kajplatser och kajer Långnäs hamn, Åland, MBES och laser, kajplatser och kajer Hamnen i Tallinn och Paldiski, Estland, MBES, kajer Nådendals hamn, MBES och laser, alla kajplatser och kajer Mariehamns hamn, Åland, MBES och laser, alla kajplatser och kajer, vattenområdet i hamnen Uleåborgs hamn, MBES och laser, alla kajplatser och kajer NesteOil, hamnen i Sköldvik och Nådendal, MBES och laser, alla kajplatser och kajer Kemi hamn, MBES och laser, alla kajplatser och kajer Finnish Traffic Agency: several projects every year, channels, fairway marks and fairways
24. Company information Mobile survey unit Typical surveys and results SeaHow surveys as a part of on- going maintenance cycle Other SeaHow products References a brand of
25. Tangible benefits Increased lifespan of the structures Lower repair costs from timely repairs Increased port utilization Fast way to inspect large areas Maintain and improve investment value Improved risk management Local Partner: Per-Åge Nygård Senior Consultant +47 907 67 533 email@example.com www.storvik.com Thank You! Questions?
High Resolution Multibeam Survey and Mobile Laser Scanning ... simultaneous multibeam survey and mobile laser scanning combined with focused scanning sonar ...
Multibeam Echosounder and Mobile Laser Scanning ... Coastal and Marine Spatial Planning . Olympic Coast, Wahkiakum County, ... For the mobile LiDAR survey, ...
Pötrönen, Jani (2012) High resolution multibeam survey and mobile laser scanning - comprehensive information for coastal infrastructure management and ...
High resolution multibeam survey and mobile laser scanning - comprehensive information for coastal infrastructure management and planning on ResearchGate ...
The company has a long history of providing high-resolution hydrographic surveying and ... mobile laser scanning ... a multibeam survey ...
MULTIBEAM SURVEYS EXTENDED ABOVE THE ... with high tidal variation. Keywords: Multibeam, ... survey. Utilizing mobile laser scanning from ...
Mobile laser scanning on board hydrographic survey vessels -applications and accuracy ... meets high requirements such as efficient data ...
using high-resolution multibeam survey, mobile laser ... combination of high resolution multibeam (MBES) survey, ... Multibeam survey and mobile laser ...
... resolution multibeam survey, mobile laser ... professional inspection of coastal infrastructure the most effective solution is a combination of ...