Published on June 26, 2008
Heat transfer quiz start
1. Transfer of energy by a substance , without the substance itself moving is known as conduction insulation convection radiation Next question
Transfer of energy by a substance , without the substance itself moving is known as
2 Radiation travels as Particles in a liquid Particles in a solid Particles in a gas A wave Next question
Radiation travels as
3. The silvering in a flask prevents heat loss by conduction convection radiation particles Next question
The silvering in a flask prevents heat loss by
4. Light and shiny objects are Good absorbers Poor radiators Good radiators Poor reflectors Next question
Light and shiny objects are
5. Black and matt objects are Good radiators Good reflectors Poor absorbers Poor radiators Next question
Black and matt objects are
6. Heat escapes from a house on a cold day. In which way does most of the heat that escapes through the floor leave? convection insulation conduction radiation Next question
Heat escapes from a house on a cold day. In which way does most of the heat that escapes through the floor leave?
7. Blinds can be fitted to windows to reflect the sun’s rays on a hot day. Which of the following blinds would be best for this? Shiny black blinds Matt black blinds Shiny white blinds Matt white blinds Next question
Blinds can be fitted to windows to reflect the sun’s rays on a hot day. Which of the following blinds would be best for this?
8. On a thermogram, how do hot objects show up ? white yellow blue green Next question
On a thermogram, how do hot objects show up ?
9. Which of the following does not use convection to work Thermos flask A glider Central heating system A fridge Next question
Which of the following does not use convection to work
10. Which of the following is a poor conductor of heat? aluminium steel air copper Back to start
Which of the following is a poor conductor of heat?
Heat transfer Quizzes - Take or Create Heat transfer Quizzes & Trivia. Test yourself with heat transfer quizzes, trivia, questions and answers!
CONDUCTION, CONVECTION AND RADIATION. A great tool for revision and assessment. Tasks/Quiz is differentiated as it progressively gets harder. Please ...
Welcome to another ScienceSource practice quiz! Pick the best answer for each question. Your score will decrease with every wrong guess. If you guess wrong ...
A trivia quiz called Heat is Hot: Heat Transfer Quiz.. Test your knowledge about Heat is Hot: Heat Transfer Quiz. with this online quiz.
Heat Transfer Quiz Questions Answers. You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again. Quiz is loading...
Heat Transfer Rags to Riches Game! See if you can race to the top to win the game! If you don't get it the first time... keep trying!
Microsoft Word - Basics of Heat Transfer Quiz.doc Created Date: 10/9/2011 2:18:21 PM ...
Chapter 6 Quiz. 1. Which is not a method of heat transfer? Hint. A. conduction: B. insulation: C. radiation: D. convection: 2.