Published on February 11, 2019
1. hardcover$ Fundamentals of Atmospheric Radiation: An Introduction with 400 Problems (Physics Textbook) 'Read_online'
2. Book Details Author : Craig F. Bohren Pages : 496 Publisher : Wiley-VCH Language : English ISBN : Publication Date : 2006-02-13 Release Date : 2006-02-13
3. Description This textbook fills a gap in the literature for teaching material suitable for students of atmospheric science and courses on atmospheric radiation. It covers the fundamentals of emission, absorption, and scattering of electromagnetic radiation from ultraviolet to infrared and beyond. Much of the book applies to planetary atmosphere. The authors are physicists and teach at the largest meteorology department of the US at Penn State. Craig T. Bohren has taught the atmospheric radiation course there for the past 20 years with no book. Eugene Clothiaux has taken over and added to the course notes. Problems given in the text come from students, colleagues, and correspondents. The design of the figures especially for this book is meant to ease comprehension. Discussions have a graded approach with a thorough treatment of subjects, such as single scattering by particles, at different levels of complexity. The discussion of the multiple scattering theory begins with piles of plates. This simple theory introduces concepts in more advanced theories, i.e. optical thickness, single-scattering albedo, asymmetry parameter. The more complicated theory, the two-stream theory, then takes the reader beyond the pile-of-plates theory. Ideal for advanced undergraduate and graduate students of atmospheric science.
4. if you want to download or read Fundamentals of Atmospheric Radiation: An Introduction with 400 Problems (Physics Textbook), click button download in the last page
5. Download or read Fundamentals of Atmospheric Radiation: An Introduction with 400 Problems (Physics Textbook) by click link below Download or read Fundamentals of Atmospheric Radiation: An Introduction with 400 Problems (Physics Textbook) OR